X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

The Mist is out on DVD

O.k., I know there were threads about this movie already, but that was back in Nov. and Dec. Just watched it on DVD and I can't believe how friggin' great it was. This was everthing that I thought Cloverfield was gonna be, but failed to deliver. If you haven't seen it yet, it just came out on DVD and come's highly recommended.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

yeah i liked it,except for the ending I had never read the book before
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      • Jan 22, 2008

The ending felt very familiar and I can't seem to place it. Something else ended really similar to that, it's buggin' me.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Ditto, toys2cool's thoughts. I thought the ending was poorly handled, but the rest of the movie was very good, with great tension and atmosphere.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

This Movie was great !
          Gotta Agree though,.. Most F'ed Up ending ever imo.
          Stephen King's Twacked in the Head Yo.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

It is a much better film in it's Black and White incarnation...over here there is a colour version and Black and White...watch the B&W
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• txteach
              Banned
              • Jun 17, 2005

Black an version? Am I missing something??///////////

Comment

• Vortigern99
                Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                • Jul 2, 2006

I LOVE this film. Best horror movie since just about anything in the last 20+ years. The bleak ending rocks: it's a horror film, for heaven's sake! These things always end badly. I understand from an interview with Darabont (the writer/director) that the ending is his original creation, but that King loved it when he told him about it. Brilliant movie, must be seen to be believed.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by stretchandro
                  The ending felt very familiar and I can't seem to place it. Something else ended really similar to that, it's buggin' me.
                  the ending kind of reminds me of that old Twilight zone episode,where they thought they crash landed in Mars or something and they were really just a mountain away from a town and they end up killing each other thinking they were doomed
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                    • Jan 22, 2008

I think maybe I was thinking of Saw 3? maybe? but as a huge TZ fan I feel I should know this one. What's the episode called? I've got the box set so I'll have to watch it again, except you've ruined the ending for me, hahahaha just kidding.

Comment

• Dr. Phibes
                      • Feb 2, 2008

I just watched it last night-I agree its realy good. I would have liked a "happier" ending, but for the most part I could live with it. The short story is very good also.

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                        Fist of Khonshu
                        • Mar 29, 2005

I thought the ending made the movie...but I like em twisted...
                        "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                          Author of Small Things
                          • Jun 14, 2001

I absolutely hated the ending. It was done to be shocking (and it succeeded) and didn't really seem true to the characters. Up until the ending, I really liked it.

If there was a moral to the story, it was that you should sit around in the grocery store and do nothing and wait to be rescued.
                          --
                          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

If I remember correctly, the book had them going to the place of the accident, where the "rip" in the dimensional fabric occurred.

The film ending was OK, I don't mind a downer, but I would have stretched it out more. It would take me until the very end, with monsters piling all over my car, before I'd "mercy kill" my family and friends. It all went to fast in the movie. Five more minutes of claustrophobic tension would have been enough make it plausible.

But hey, it's a story from the golden age of King, before he went all "the world sucks and please enjoy my suicidal depression" on us. His stories are terrible these last ten years. Doom and gloom with no hope whatsoever....

Btw: with scientist starting their anti-matter machine in Switserland today, perhaps we're on the verge of creating our own "Mist"....
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I haven't seen the film yet; but the bits I DID see reminded me of the Torg RPG. (That's not a BAD thing.) I'm gonna hafta see this, even though I'm not a King fan.

>with scientist starting their anti-matter machine in Switserland today, perhaps we're on the verge of creating our own "Mist"....

Heee heee.... I'm keeping MY fingers crossed.

The 5 Scientific Experiments Most Likely to End the World | Cracked.com

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎