Clear All
  • ClaudeAtlas
    • Jun 10, 2015

mattel's captain lazer and similar sculpts

[IMG][/IMG]
  • SpaceCrawler
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 20, 2008

In case anyone didn't know. the one in the middle was used in the Major Matt Mason toy line of the late 60s (probably developed as a separate toy but used in MMM). The two on the ends are Battlestar Galactica reissues of the body from the late 70s.

Sean

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I had the BG versions and liked them, though I recall thinking the Cylon need some more chrome armor. Big Jim had a "laser" hero figure, too, in Europe.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ClaudeAtlas
        • Jun 10, 2015

thanks for clarifying those details- a member i bought the colonial warrior figure from suggested i post a side by side comparison pic here. apparently, captain lazer, the only 12"major matt mason figure, enjoys enough of a cult following that there is a website dedicated just to him!
        Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
        In case anyone didn't know. the one in the middle was used in the Major Matt Mason toy line of the late 60s (probably developed as a separate toy but used in MMM). The two on the ends are Battlestar Galactica reissues of the body from the late 70s.

Sean

Comment

• ClaudeAtlas
          • Jun 10, 2015

and it seems like the cylon often comes up for sale without the torso armor, which can easily shake loose-it only sits on the shoulders and attaches around the chest light. i'd like to see the big jim laser figure if you have an image handy!
          Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I had the BG versions and liked them, though I recall thinking the Cylon need some more chrome armor. Big Jim had a "laser" hero figure, too, in Europe.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

Great Pic! Love seeing all 3 figures at one time! Thanks for posting!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Think I had that middle one

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡