X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Atomic Man Variations!

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this variation of Atomic Man before? It has darker plastic all over the body.The tone can be seen best at the hip ball joints in the picture below. I have had easily over 100-200 Atomic Man figures over the years and this is the only one I have found like this. I have seen maybe one or two parts darker but not the whole figure. The hands are molded in a darker tone like the muscle body Joes have.The feet are also molded in darker plastic that I haven't seen before. Not selling it just wondering if anyone knows. I like that the body matches the head's skin tone better. Hey Joezeta! Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ed
    [URL=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Neutron_X/media/IMG_0374crop_zpsp2tf3w9j.jpg.html]
  • nazgul
    Lord of Light
    • May 2, 2011

maybe he took an extended vacation on spy island and got himself a tan....��But seriously, maybe it's a later release...the plastic seems to share a tone with the life like bodies..does the plastic feel different?
    You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

The plastic does feel different but not like muscle body GIJoes just a little oilier than a regular Joe. Many Atomic Man figures have a smooth and odd right calf leg molded out of something different? Another weird thing about this figure is it's left shoulder. Look at it carefully and notice the rivit looks backwards. I've seen this a lot on Vintage Action Man figures. Ok here is the thing it is actually a right shoulder joint turned around and not backwards. HMMM?

Comment

• nazgul
        Lord of Light
        • May 2, 2011

Did Palitoy make a non flocked Atomic man?

Comment

• nazgul
          Lord of Light
          • May 2, 2011

That's wierd about the shoulder....for some reason, I think one of my Atomic men is like that...i gotta check....

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I only have a flocked Palitoy version, it's paler plastic but you gotta love that atomic pacemaker.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

I don't think it's Palitoy because it has no pacemaker chest button or flocked hair. It was bought in USA. My understanding is that the 1st Issue Atomic Man figures were made with regular Joes bodies with the white pegs with the clear body parts and the heads were added. Maybe this is an end of the line or experimental prototype figure?
              Last edited by Neutron X; Apr 9, '16, 4:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎