Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that 66 Batgirl is done, Ready for Wonder Woman wave 1!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Now that 66 Batgirl is done, Ready for Wonder Woman wave 1!

I think the next BIG figure that a lot of us have our hopes build on is the Wonder Woman wave. If they were ever going to come out with a new female body, that would be the time. WW will probably gather every bit as much attention (positive or negative) as the 66 Batgirl.

The head needs to be in scale. If it is done properly in scale, an almost endless series of variants can come from it. Because I know it has been a problem, I'd actually be OK with a long black haired Sue Storm head with a new paint app. It is a good head that is in scale and fits the drawings as well as any new sculpt we have seen. That would also make it cheaper to produce since the head is already there! If the head is not up to standards, the Sue Storm will be my go to head to replace it.

My preference would be for the tiara to be a separate piece like the original 12" mego figure. That leads to even more variant possibilities. WW has changed her costume multiple times over the years and people will pay for them.

evolution_wonder_woman_2_by_boybluesdcu-d73uuzs.jpg

The costume needs to be as on point as possible. Many of us will buy multiples of her. If the costume is done well enough, we would even pay later for multiples of a variant done with the yellow parts done in gold. The Super Friends WW looks decent and shows that FTC was paying attention, at least on the pajamas comments.

If there is a second wave, I'd love to see her in a Paradise Island simple white dress, along with her mother, and hopefully Ares! A First Appearance WW has also been hinted at.

So, WW is what I see as the next big either success or failure!

JeffBearCO
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Well, speaking as a WW fan, I agree with most of what you've said, except for the black haired Sue Storm head.

Even with a new paint app, I feel that the sculpt is too harsh and cold to be WW. Maybe Hippolyta, or a generic Amazon, but not Diana.

She needs an entirely new head sculpt, new body, and a better suit. Most of the other outfits that you had in your text box are workable; I never did understand why people had such a problem with the long pants version.

The backstory for the character yes; new 52 sucked all around for her, especially when they turned all of the Amazons into rapists and serial killers of men.

A better body is a MUST, with NO rubber bands!!! That sort of thing is passé at this point.
    JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I am mainly afraid that they would try to make her fit in with the original mego female heads used in the DC line. Those heads never did look right next to the male figures. Even the Lois Lane figure that they came out with still looks like it was made for a 10 year old girl to me. I'm also afraid that the Huge Head Syndrome will kick in again. I'm really hoping they go more for the 66 Batman look than some of the other DC figures that they have done. Otherwise, why do a new sculpt at all???

And I was actually a fan of putting her in pants. I thought it made more sense for an amazon. I'd also like to see a version with the leather kilt look. To me, that looks more warrior like.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

If they use a Sue Storm head I hope that they add another line of hair plugs to suck-up some of that massive forehead. I'd also be curious to see what they could do paint-app wise with Uhura, Dinah Mite, ladies of Oz or Waltons, etc.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Now see, the original Dinah head is in PERFECT scale with the body, even if it is a tiny percentage smaller than the original Mego body. All they have to do is keep the new sculpt in that scale, with a PROPER paint job, and a good rooted hair style and they are golden!

But the chances of that happening are low to nil.
          JediJaida

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

OF your graphic you missed this version, which I would like to see:

80110693896900.jpg

While not the traditional WW, it still would be a welcome variant.

I didn't have a problem with the pants. My favorite is still a skirted WW, followed by George Perez' version....
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

That's not too bad of a costume. I don't remember ever seeing the movie in its entirety though. I always seem to catch the last ten minutes of it for some reason.

Cathy Lee Crosby, while not everyone's ideal version of Wonder Woman was just fine in this. Okay, the movie was cheesy, but then so was the entire decade.

If they could do a better version of Linda Carter, that would be the BEST FIGURE EVER! Because the other figure looked NOTHING like her.
              JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I vaguely remember that movie. The costume was actually OK. I remember the lasso being retractable on the belt. That would be easy enough to rig up using a badge lanyard. LOL

As long as they didn't have to pay for her likeness and could just to the costume on a generic blond head, it could be doable.

The ideal would be a Linda Carter version!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I think the IG head is quite nice with better paints. I wouldn't be averse to seeing it used for WW, and a tiara might compensate for the forehead that Emce dislikes.

I'd like to see a few WW variants, but some supporting characters and foes, too. Most DC heroes can support one wave. Flash, WW, and Captain Marvel can easily yield two.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

On my custom WW, the tiara is just a wire that goes into her hair with gold foil forming the tiara in front. Then a red star. The wire actually works really well at holding it in place.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

I think that another line of rooted hair would do just fine to take care of that huge forehead, as well as better paint apps for the eyes.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        Now see, the original Dinah head is in PERFECT scale with the body, even if it is a tiny percentage smaller than the original Mego body. All they have to do is keep the new sculpt in that scale, with a PROPER paint job, and a good rooted hair style and they are golden!

But the chances of that happening are low to nil.
                        I couldn't agree more! I've heard people talk about her head being too small but I think it is the perfect scale.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

I seem to recall someone saying there would be an all new sculpt for WW/Diana Prince. I have my fingers crossed. And the tiara absolutely needs to be a separate piece.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎