X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1979 GLJ Battlestar Galactica toy Catalog

In 1979, GLJ toys (one of my favourite obscure toy companies from the era) did what a lot of toy makers did and grabbed a piece of Battlestar Galactica in the hopes it was the next Star Wars.

Their specialty was inflatable toys, even vehicles for the action figures which is just awesome.

It wasn't quite the bonanza they were looking for and I'm not sure half these inflatable toys ever got made. It's a fun trip nonetheless, check out the 1979 GLJ BattleStar Galactica Catalog here.

More unproduced BSG merchandise:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

it always bothered me why the 12 inch colonial warrior looked nothing like the tv show characters.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by starsky
      it always bothered me why the 12 inch colonial warrior looked nothing like the tv show characters.
      Yeah, I always wondered about that as a kid, too. Wasn't until years later I realized it was pretty much the Captain Lazer figure from the Major Matt Mason line re-purposed.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Even though I was never a huge fan of the show I would have collected the 12" figures if the CW looked like a real character.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Never saw the Colonial Viper, but the Cylon tv chair was made- found this here:

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

All those inflatable toys are great, especially the giant Viper. Seeing that the Cylon chair was actually made gives me hope that some of the others may have as well. That inflatable Cylon reminds me of the Mazinga bop bag, hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎