X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Medicom Combat Joe Alien/1996 a Classic Toy? Need Help with repair

Hoping some fellow Museum members can help me. I bought a Medicom Combat Joe Alien figure unfortunately it was damaged in shipping the shoulder joint broke around the rivit in 3-4 places. It's not worth shipping back, can anyone recommend a repair? Type of glue to use? Is it possible to find a replacement part or next to impossible? Would a Knight of Darkness body fit inside? I know Medicom figures from this time are known for all kind of issues anyone have any suggestions?
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Ok don't everyone speak up all at once. Here is a pic of the damage. The main problem with the repair that the joint will have to be put back into the body and it's a tight fit requiring pressure. So it may need to be repaired on the figure which makes it harder to do. I am thinking of using Zap a Cap glue then possibly a Instamorph patch over the top of the joint. The rubber/vinyl shoulder piece has to fit over bicep and repair. Not sure this type of plastic responds well to glue anyone know?

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Those are pretty much action Joe bodies, right? Maybe replace with a repro Joe shoulder painted or dyed black?

Just reread your post. - combat joe, not action joe.
      Did they use those for all the RAH 12" figures?

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

The early Medicom figures use the modified Combat Joe body based off of the Henshin Cyborg Robot design. The shoulders joints and hips are a peg system with no elastic. Medicom later on changed to a different style body. I like the early Medicom Combat Joe body more like Gijoe than all the later stuff. If I remember correctly some of the body parts have been modified so are not exact fit with Gijoe. The figure is made of a lighter more brittle plastic too. That being said I really like the Medicom Alien figure it reminds me of Maxx FX alien which was originally designed to fit over a Joe body. This figure came out in 1996 a few years later I think.

I am hoping to keep the figure vintage but I think you may be on to something. I could sand down a Gijoe shoulder joint, pop the rivit. I would have to paint shoulder joint black because a small part is visible.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I have a few of the old RAH items (including the dark color Alien) and am familiar with the joint system. I was not sure if finding combat Joe parts or early RAH items was tough or if modding a joe shoulder would be easier.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

You know more than I do about these figures. I have won some part figures in the past but that's it. Maybe you can explain to me why some of the interior bodies are different colors. Some figures are clear inside, the Alien I have is black inside, and the Predator I have is dark brown. I know some of the Robots have chrome colored interior bodies. I have seen mostly flesh colored bodies inside but would love to know if there is a master list of what was made. Finding parts for Japanese toys has been a huge pain for me in the past so not sure if it's possible to find the shoulder part replacement.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎