• jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Harry Potter finally got here!

I ordered the school uniform too.

HP_Jacket.jpg

HP_Robe.jpg

HP_Sweater.jpg

I'm pretty happy with him. The biggest surprise is the glasses, which fit well but are shipped in a baggy. The wand is also in a baggy. Both bags are in the case with him.

JeffBearCO
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

And yes, for some reason it still rotates pictures that show correct in my phone and on my computer.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I hope they sell those glasses separately!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

The glasses do look great. And they make the figure. There are no lenses in them though. I can see why. The clear plastic would probably block the eyes too much in this scale.

I hope they do more in this line. Those pictures may be their next 2 variants. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

They look nice.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I'm not a HP fan in the least,but do bet or hope they are a big seller for ftc.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

wasn't somebody crying that the heads were big? Those look ok to me.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

btw, the glasses are up at CTVT in the new stuff, looks like other HP parts, too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

The head is actually as in scale as any of the 66 Batman male figures. I was pretty impressed. You could tell they made the extra effort on these. He even had socks, which they normally don't do.

The school outfit and the robe all came from CTVT in their parts section. The sweater is a little long, but was easy enough to bunch up so it hung right. Having it a little oversized makes the head look even more in scale too.

If I were to give this to a child, I would definitely glue the glasses in place. Otherwise they will get lost easily. I may do that anyway so they don't fall off in the case.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Just curious, are these on the standard 8" body or the slightly shorter Korak body (you can tell most easily by the way the shoulder is assembled; Korak's has the extra slit in the shoulder joint allowing the arm to move outward)?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I'm pretty sure they are the straight up 8" body. I didn't notice any difference.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Interesting: I'd have thought they might go with the other body, as it is just a bot shorter than the regular version. It would make at least a little distinction between the youngsters and the adults if they make some of the other, older characters (which I assume would be the plan; I doubt they'd have spent the money for the license just to do three or four characters).

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

He is sculpted as he was in the last movie, pretty much an adult. It would be cool if they did at least 3 sculpts. One for the 6" body. One for 7". And the current one on the 8" body.

I'd love to see some of the older wizards though.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• dchero66
                            • Jan 18, 2009

Harry was wearing his glasses in the package when I got mine. The wand was in a baggie, but he had his glasses on. Maybe there was an issue they decided to correct or something. I'm happy with mine.

Comment

• Toycade
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 8, 2014

Blowing them out. Most below cost. Free shipping even for the 12" set. http://stores.ebay.com/Toycade?_dmd=2&_nkw=harry+potter

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎