Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Waylon Mercy
    • Dec 6, 2015

Increasinly Bad Quality Control

I received an order from FTC today and I couldn't have been much more disappointed. Their QC has become a joke and their customer service isn't much better.

Ridiculously noticeable paint defects on Batgirl's mask

The corner of this insanely overpriced carrying case is torn (These are worth about $10-15, not the bloated $50 they charge)

The inserts of the carrying case look as though someone puked, snotted and defecated in them before sending them on their way
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Looks like mildew or something similar, that's sad.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

Wow, that is terrible.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Wow...there's no excuse for that. They need to replace all that stuff free of charge.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

They should replace it...just email or call them. One of my 66 Batgirl's had a noticable missing paint blotch on her forehead and I asked for a whole new head and had it in like 3-4 days

Comment

• Waylon Mercy
            • Dec 6, 2015

I sent an email hours ago but they must be closed for the day. I really hope I get replacements. Thanks for not thinking I'm being to picky or something.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Waylon Mercy
              I sent an email hours ago but they must be closed for the day. I really hope I get replacements. Thanks for not thinking I'm being to picky or something.
              There is no excuse for them sending out product like that...they need to look at the paint jobs before just sending out

That carrying case looks like some spilled soda or coffee on it

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                They should replace it...just email or call them. One of my 66 Batgirl's had a noticable missing paint blotch on her forehead and I asked for a whole new head and had it in like 3-4 days
                Couldn't you just retouch it? That's an easy fix. Part of the fun with these figures is fixing them up.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

That is very disappointing. I keep hoping for better from them.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
                    There is no excuse for them sending out product like that...they need to look at the paint jobs before just sending out That carrying case looks like some spilled soda or coffee on it
                    Wait.

I thought we all only had 3 options:

you have 3 options

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
                    2.Buy them,upgrade them, and make them better
                    3.Don't buy them at all

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Couldn't you just retouch it? That's an easy fix. Part of the fun with these figures is fixing them up.
                      paint jobs are much different then swapping them on better bodies...if you have the correct paint color,uh yeah it's an easy fix

Originally posted by megomania
                      Wait.

I thought we all only had 3 options:

you have 3 options

1.Buy them and accept them as they are
                      2.Buy them,upgrade them, and make them better
                      3.Don't buy them at all
                      This is quite a different circumstance,is it not? I have been always referring to the design of how FTC makes their figures.This is clearly a QC factory issue

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

The face paint issue must be something that comes up in other lines as well. Every time I order something in at the comic shop, they give me a choice of the figures that arrived. I usually look closely only at the faces and a quick glimpse of other parts and generally how they look in the package as they are only for display. I would definitely pass on paint apps like that.
                        That carrying case?!? Yikes. I do think that looks like some kind of bacteria growth in the trays. Not good.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I ordered the Kresge Robin and the green cape Robin a while back. They arrived crushed since they put them in a box they didn't fit in with no padding. Also, the Kresge Robin had 2 right arms. I sent them an email and explained things. They said they would send 2 clamshells and a body for replacement. When it arrived they had sent a titan size body. I emailed him again and they finally sent an 8" body. So they do listen and try and make things right (at least in my situation).

I wouldn't be surprised if your carrying case wasn't damaged in shipment with the way they pack things.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

That sucks man. I've ordered quite a bit over the last few years from FTC and never had an issue their customer service didn't fix and make right. Let us know when you get a response or maybe call them. I'd be surprised if they didn't fix it.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Thats kind of the point, for the prices they charge we really shouldn't have to fix so much.

They have a mixed track record on customer service, we've seen good experiences and bad ones posted here. But again, for the price we shouldn't be getting damaged or screwed up product in the first place.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎