X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Legion of Doom

Saw the preview pics of Riddler, Bizarro and Toyman; all look good. The heads are basically in scale and Toyman especially seems to capture the Hanna-Barbera look. And it almost looks like there's a newer, skinny torso for Toyman. Maybe it's just the way he's posed, but it looks too slender through the chest to be the standard or even Korak chest. If so, it is something they sorely need for figures like Marvin or Shaggy, as well, and would be a welcome addition to the parts vault.
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

likely Toyman has same the usual torso.The pose probably makes him look thinner...I can't see FTC making a whole new torso

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

I know for a fact that CTV has made a few new bodies
      1 is a skinny body and 1 is a larger body

I'm pretty sure Toyman is on the new body which is slim and has longer arms
      but I can't confirm that just from the pictures. But it looks like it

I don't want to spill any beans but I will say the new larger body has a twist to it -
      these new bodies will work great for certain customs - can't wait to they are offered for sale.
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

The more I look at the Toyman, the more I see it's impossible for the standard torso to be between those arms; there's just not enough space. Just compare him to the Riddler; the pecs are just too wide to fit Toyman at any angle.

I'm glad to hear there's two other body types; the skinny body definitely sounds like they had Shaggy in mind when they made it. And a larger body is much needed; I don't want see Solomon Grundy on a repro of the old Mego overmuscled body. It was bad enough having Hulk a half inch shorter than everyone else; having the same be true of Grundy now would be terrible.

Looking forward to seeing these new bods.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

The biggest challenge will be clothes for the different sized figures. If they do a ratted up Solomon Grundy on a bigger body, it would be great if they go ahead and make the same suit without the stains and tears that are appropriate for the figure.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

again not my place to say - but from what I have seen on the new bodies you will love them, for certain customs
            and yes its clear toyman is sporting one - so I don't think I'm giving that info away. the arms and legs are skinny and long. I have seen the prototypes

maybe they will put pics of them up once they are available for sale
            these new bodies will have people switching over a few customs they have already made - it is also great for the hobby IMO

because some guys can now be 8" but in the correct scales they should be.
            I'm sure most will love them.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Are any of them female???

The new Wonder Woman line could use a more ... robust figure.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                again not my place to say - but from what I have seen on the new bodies you will love them, for certain customs
                and yes its clear toyman is sporting one - so I don't think I'm giving that info away. the arms and legs are skinny and long. I have seen the prototypes

maybe they will put pics of them up once they are available for sale
                these new bodies will have people switching over a few customs they have already made - it is also great for the hobby IMO

because some guys can now be 8" but in the correct scales they should be.
                I'm sure most will love them.
                this all sounds great! but, will these "new" bodies be still made cheaply and strung so tight that their arms are always sticking out from their sides? Nothing really has changed when it comes to the featherweight and cheap quality of the FTC bodies

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

first off - lets keep in mind I do not work for CTV - I'm just friends with Anthony - so I will not share any info that I feel is not my place to let the cat out of the bag so to say

I have not seen any new female bodies (That does not mean they are or are not making them - just means I have not seen any)

Also I have not touched these proto-types - So not sure if there are any quality issues
                  But with that said - lets be fair here -IMO

For the most part of this whole process CTV has grown and evolved. Its easy to bash things we don't like - but you have to give them some credit as well
                  The bodies they use now for the normal lines are not over tight like the first wave of batman series 1 (batman joker riddler robin) So its safe to say that for the most part they have addressed that issue.

I would think that the new bodies should be fine out of the gate learning from past mistakes/ quality issues
                  but if they are new bodies - they might have new issues - and if that is the case I'm sure they will correct them as well (if there is anything to correct in the first place)

Also they have given us a ton of new figures and parts this year - and you also see they are working on many new figures.

I have seen pros and cons in every single retro mego like figure out there (ctv, figures toy company, EMCE diamond select, Neca and so on..)
                  While I agree with most that you would like to get a product that is perfect out of the box and not have to touch it - that does not always happen. But at the end of the day all of these companies are trying their best. I rather see these figures being made - even with the slight defects they have then not seeing them made at all.

You got Super friends, Deadpool, Thor etc
                  would you rather these figures have not been made at all? I mean I think most can live with what ever these lines have thrown at them.

At the end of the day everyone still controls their own money - if you don't like what you see just don't buy it.

This goes past just the mego scale stuff - I mean the new star wars figures break as soon as you open them
                  yet everyone keeps throwing money at Hasbro

I buy hot toys - those figures sometimes have issues as well - but those come with 250-300 price tags
                  in short cut these guys some slack - I think they are doing their best - and I think they continue to grow and get better. just my 2 cents

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

I don't agree that the FTC bodies have improved....the bodies feel featherweight,cheap and they are strung tight (the type of elastic they use) They don't look natural when their arms can't stay straight to their sides because of the tightness.The fat bodies especially are a floppy mess.....These are issues I don't have with the S type in which FTC could easily adopted this format type of body.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Type "s" is the best body on the market right now (IMO)

I'm guessing if they did go to a type s - type of body the cost would go up per figure
                      and I'm sure that is a cost most people will not want to pay.

if these figures start hitting 30-35 a pop a lot of people will just drop out of buying them

also the goal might be to stay as mego like as they can - to keep them in line with original megos
                      people who are collecting these just off of nostalgia might actually be turned off by the use of a type s body.

again I personally love the type 2 - but everyone is different
                      Last edited by Vinny0026; Mar 30, '16, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

For me, the bodies are hit or miss. The Batman in Black figure was so tight I had trouble changing out his costume. I had to restring both arms in the process!

The Harry Potter figure was almost as good as the original Mego figures. Like Buttah!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                          Type 2 is the best body on the market right now (IMO)

I'm guessing if they did go to a type s - type of body the cost would go up per figure
                          and I'm sure that is a cost most people will not want to pay.

if these figures start hitting 30-35 a pop a lot of people will just drop out of buying them

also the goal might be to stay as mego like as they can - to keep them in line with original megos
                          people who are collecting these just off of nostalgia might actually be turned off by the use of a type s body.

again I personally love the type 2 - but everyone is different
                          They are at 30 and we have seen no improvement on headsizes or female bodies. The male bodies have gotten better despite Teemu's rants to the contrary.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            They are at 30 and we have seen no improvement on headsizes or female bodies. The male bodies have gotten better despite Teemu's rants to the contrary.
                            Can I be honest with you guys?
                            I personally have not spent more than 20-25 for any figure they make
                            and that's with free shipping

I just got the twins for less then 60 with free shipping
                            I don't see how you guys are spending 30 per figure when so many deals are out there on the net and on ebay

same with the 3 packs
                            I paid 60 for spidy and that was the most I spent cause I reserved it

but since then I have paid less then 50 (in most cases 40) with free shipping for every 3 pack diamond has made
                            you guys have to look around the deals are out there

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^ FTC's retail price is at 30 for most new figures, so if you hunt down deals that's fine, but retail is what I was referring to. I paid 32 for Batgirl and regret every penny of it. The figure just flat out sucks.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎