Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to Frankenstein an Isis Together. Head seems a sticking point as last time.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notlongfortheforum
    • Jan 29, 2012

Wanting to Frankenstein an Isis Together. Head seems a sticking point as last time.

Hi There!

Was on here a long time ago (okay, the time of the Mattel failures at redoing the WGSH line) asking about how to do a Riddler figure. Since then, FTC has come to the rescue and I've managed to get repros of all the DC associated figures EXCEPT Isis. I don't see FTC doing her due to:

1.) The stigma attached to her figure by longtime fans who wanted a Black Canary or other figure, male or female, instead.
    2.) That organization named THAT instead of The Brown Hornet, Ark II or Jason of Star Command, making life unpleasant for people at the mo'.

A lot of the sites sell the bodies and parts (dress, necklace, bracelets and sandals) to where I can cobble together everything but the head. I could get a female with dark hair's head from FTC, but the sticking point there is the bloody scarab headband.

I know it's the equivalent of Squeeze by The Velvet Underground figurewise, but for those of you who are in deeper than I am/intend to be (limited space and budget as I finish school so it's gotta be a figure I REALLY want) outside of selling relations into the Bangkok skin trade (also not an option as most of my relatives are dead) to get one off eBay, any ideas?
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

If I was in your shoes , I'd buy the raven haired SG head from FTC, and just build the bloody headband.
    ( Painting can be a b!tch, but building the headband would be easier)
    A short trip to Michael's ( or whatever craft store in town) to get simple black elastic, a plastic bead / jewel that could be cut and sanded with a dremel,
    some gold foil tape ( to make the cow's horns that are the crest surrounding the jewel) and some fresh glue-sticks for my glue gun, and 15 minutes later its done.
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• notlongfortheforum
      • Jan 29, 2012

Thanks. That's a viable option, yes. Other ideas?

Originally posted by darkbros
      If I was in your shoes , I'd buy the raven haired SG head from FTC, and just build the bloody headband.
      ( Painting can be a b!tch, but building the headband would be easier)
      A short trip to Michael's ( or whatever craft store in town) to get simple black elastic, a plastic bead / jewel that could be cut and sanded with a dremel,
      some gold foil tape ( to make the cow's horns that are the crest surrounding the jewel) and some fresh glue-sticks for my glue gun, and 15 minutes later its done.
      Will have to stay off the caffeine because normally the hands shake worse than Muhammed Ali eating Jell-O in an earthquake. Other thoughts?

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Go to ebay and type 'custom mego heads' into the search bar. There's a guy that casts his own heads in the proper scale. He has an Isis head. Instead of using paint for the tiara, use a metallic gold marker.
        JediJaida

Comment

• notlongfortheforum
          • Jan 29, 2012

Looks Cool, and $12 isn't too horrifying.

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Go to ebay and type 'custom mego heads' into the search bar. There's a guy that casts his own heads in the proper scale. He has an Isis head. Instead of using paint for the tiara, use a metallic gold marker.
          She'd be stuck looking like she had advanced cyanosis because, like I said before, the hands are uber shaky to the point of if I tried to strangle someone, they'd thank me for the fabulous neck massage.

Sorry if I'm coming off difficult here, but I'm not mahoosively dedicated to collecting these dolls, figures, or whatever the proper term is.

Wish those extremists would've gone with something else namewise from Saturday Morning TV. Why ISIS? Why not Turbo Teen, Hammer Man or Saved By the Bell? NOBODY wanted those toy lines.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by notlongfortheforum

Wish those extremists would've gone with something else namewise from Saturday Morning TV. Why ISIS? Why not Turbo Teen, Hammer Man or Saved By the Bell? NOBODY wanted those toy lines.

because of the popularity of the 1976-77 Filmation Series? Surely you've heard of it?
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• notlongfortheforum
              • Jan 29, 2012

Yes, I heard of it. I guess the joke fell flat.

Originally posted by darkbros
              because of the popularity of the 1976-77 Filmation Series? Surely you've heard of it?
              And I know that's not where the FTO got the name. I was just engaging in some levity. Why couldn't they have gone with something awful instead like whatever Mr. T's gymnastics team was called? Or Drak Pack?

Still, I would guess that might be why she's not been reissued while other Filmation associated properties have (i.e. every figure released so far from the original line with the exception of Green Arrow had a live-action or TV version the godlike geniuses Lou Scheimer and Norm Prescott produced).

Might see about getting that custom sculpt, though I'm going to have to find a tutorial on how to paint it. $12.00 before shipping is a lot of dosh and I'd hate to make a pudding of things.

Any more ideas, folks? Again, I thank those who have posted suggestions thus far. Her absence is like leaving a double hung window improperly caulked for the winter.

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
                Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
                • May 13, 2004

I may have an Isis head in my parts box if your interested pm me and i'll check this weekend while i'm off work

Comment

• ZMOQ
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by notlongfortheforum

Ummm, they didn't call themselves that. Their native language is not English. It's the media here in the US that started using the acronym ISIS as a translation meaning Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. It really, really was a bad idea, because in the US, Isis is a proper name. Girls, pets, TV shows, comics, stores have that name and had reportedly been bullied or stores vandalized because idiots here associated them with terrorists. People on Mego Museum even reported that their ebay auction payments for toy doll sandals (for Isis the doll) were put on hold because of suspicions about funding terrorists.

It would have been a whole lot better if the media and gov't officials used Da'esh to describe the terrorists. They hate being called Da'esh, people in the Middle East that hate them call them Da'esh, and here in the US, no girls, pets, TV shows or stores are called Da'esh.

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

For what you want to do, I would just look an incomplete Isis listings on Ebay. You might be able to get what you need out of it (the head) and whatever else it needs you can go the Frankenstein route to complete it.

Comment

• notlongfortheforum
                      • Jan 29, 2012

Jeez! Doesn't ANYONE on this forum have a sense of humor?

Originally posted by ZMOQ
                      Ummm, they didn't call themselves that. Their native language is not English. It's the media here in the US that started using the acronym ISIS as a translation meaning Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. It really, really was a bad idea, because in the US, Isis is a proper name. Girls, pets, TV shows, comics, stores have that name and had reportedly been bullied or stores vandalized because idiots here associated them with terrorists. People on Mego Museum even reported that their ebay auction payments for toy doll sandals (for Isis the doll) were put on hold because of suspicions about funding terrorists.

It would have been a whole lot better if the media and gov't officials used Da'esh to describe the terrorists. They hate being called Da'esh, people in the Middle East that hate them call them Da'esh, and here in the US, no girls, pets, TV shows or stores are called Da'esh.
                      ***This would probably be a bad time to mention my Uncle Da'esh and his public access show Knitting With Da'esh? He's also a bit of a narcissist so he named his daughter and his dog Da'esh, too. Of course, since he's from Chicago, it may actually be "Dash." His parents were big fans of Ellie Mae's boyfriend on the Beverly Hillbillies: Dash Riprock.
                      Last edited by notlongfortheforum; Mar 26, '16, 3:39 PM.

Comment

• notlongfortheforum
                        • Jan 29, 2012

Anyroad, thanks for all the ideas.

Will mull over just how dedicated I am to having a figure who, when her show came on, was my cue to go outside and play or go to 3D or whatever else but watch it.

Had some extra dosh on the Mastercard so I ordered The Flash and Green Lantern. Would've waited for the Superfriends version but I'm kind of uneasy with how FTC is releasing the figures. How many Batmans does one person need?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎