X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Heroes Accessories! Forever Hunt!

Like many collectors during a sever financial cruch I sold everything 10 years ago and had to start over. MOC Megos, AHI's Tomlands, Gijoe, Cyborgs, Ledy Gijoes, Golden Age comics and tons of other stuff were all sold. It has been hard for me to replace the Heroes Accessories Captain Action figure the most. Recently I found several loose figs and this is the closest I have come to a set. Still looking for MOC and gloves ect.

I have Heroes Accessories 12in Captain America Can anyone tell me what he comes with?

That's Action Robot Man standing in the back a 1970s KO of Maskatron

Here's a closeup pic of the face used for HA figures it's Captain Action Flash Gordon face.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

There's a guy selling those MOC in Marketplace.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks, I have PM him and sent payment. I am so very happy to get a Batman MIP.

I haven't seen a carded example of the Heroes Accessories Captain America figure so I am trying figure out what accessories to look for?
      Mine came with black boots but no belt or gloves. So I am not sure what color the boots,gloves, or belt should be.
      I thought I had completed this set after many years of trying only to find that here at the Mego Museum there were 2 runs on these figures. DOH!!!
      I love a toy collecting mystery so if anyone has any information I would be glad to hear from you!

Comment

• toystalker
        none
        • Mar 27, 2008

some of my hero accessories pics for you

including the unknown character... captain action?

Last edited by toystalker; Apr 14, '08, 4:02 PM.

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen this one before!!!
          Thanks for posting pics!!!!! Is the uniform tagged?
          It reminds me of the Gilbert Honey West jumpsuit/catsuit from 1960s
          HMMMMMMM? Could this company have used old Gilbert uniforms too?
          So who is this guy?

....NO, no, no, I am not done with the first set after all DOH!!!!!!
          After all these years I was so close too........

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I don't have much to add, but I've not seen this guys before. They're pretty darn cool!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

So these are like blowmolded knockoffs of Captain Action? Who's the guy in the black jumpsuit?
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• toystalker
                none
                • Mar 27, 2008

the black and blue guy as many like to call him has undergon much discussion

as yet to my knoledge it is still a mystery as to who the character is

and yes to answer your question these are like light weight blown plastic body, it could possibly float away in the wind,

@neutron no the suit as far as i can see is not tagged, i always thought he looked a bit camp in a leotard type catwoman jumpsuit. i thought it was intended to look a bit like a scuba diver and thought it could be a trying to be aquaman in black suit, it has brought up much discussion.

i do belive there are 1 or 2 people in italy who may have an idea as i have been recieving offers of $200 and rising for this doll alone, but they make out they dont know the characters name.
                Last edited by toystalker; Apr 15, '08, 2:46 AM.

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

I think the Euro guys are thinking it is a Diabolik(sp?)jumpsuit and it well may be. I think it could be a Honey West jumpsuit. It could well be both the way everything is recycled in Hong Kong.

Here is th Captain America figures I have found. I am assuming it could be from first run of Heroes Accessories that shows Phantom, Flash Gordon, Captain America, Batman, and Spiderman. If so is it on the wrong figure?
                  There is no C America head mold on body. Any ideas?
                  Wrong CA Pic. Pic is a guess
                  Last edited by Neutron X; Jun 8, '15, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• toystalker
                    none
                    • Mar 27, 2008

hmm more mystery lol

if i could only find some moc then we could know more

watch this space lol

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Somebody else, I think it's Darkmonkeygod, has a Flash Gordon version of these, same head but with the old CA outfit on. It seems that these thing sold in England for quite a time.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

So far I know of only England and Canada distribution of Heroes accessories. I have spoken to several people from both Canada and England who remember buying them in early 1980s.

I bought a Flash Gordon Heroes Accessories loose dressed figure a couple of years ago.Till darkmonkeygod posted his pic I thought the seller was being deceptive about it. The Heroes Accessories Batman he had for sale was wearing the Ideal Captain Action uniform and he said it came this way originaly too. I haven't been able to verify if this is correct or not. So the mystery deepens.

Here is a comparison pic of Captain Action Batman Utility belt and a Heroes Accessories belt. Captain Action Batman belt on top and Heroes Accessoires on bottom. Very similar.

I am a big fan of this toy line with the whole Mego/Ideal hybrid formula.
                        Lets be honest Superman with a 45. is great! You could throw it at Superman
                        like in the old TV show!

Comment

• toystalker
                          none
                          • Mar 27, 2008

best thing about my hero accessories is you cant deny how they came as they came misp

its all very interesting though

Comment

• Neutron X
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 22, 2007

Finding 5 MIP Heroes Accessories is astonishing!!!!!
                            The bubbles are extremely fragile so finding them
                            complete and displayable with gloves
                            is especialy hard. KUDOS for picking up all 5 at once.

I love that they all have original mint Mego and
                            Ideal Captain Action uniforms. The new Mego type gloves really give it a great Mego vibe.
                            The 2nd series Heroes Accessories boot mold is copied from the
                            Captain Action Batman boot mold. While the 1st. issue boots
                            seem to be vintage Captain Action as in the case of Flash Gordon.
                            Copying the Captain Action Masks for heads is awesome too!

I wonder if these are related to the weird KO girl dolls
                            that the Planet of the Apes, Charlies Angels, Walton clothes?
                            HMMMMMMM? Maybe the same Toy packaging company who knows?

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 26, 2008

I don't think i've ever seen these before or just didn't notice them I guess. I do like the the spiderman though, gonna have to find one of those someday. I got to get the 12" mego version first.

Chad
                              Chad

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎