PDA

View Full Version : Hey Diamond Select Toys, Check This Out!

ZICA
Mar 17, '16, 2:49 PM
Considering how well MEZCO is doing with their high end 6" scale line I think DST should consider doing the same with their 8" scale line, and here is the perfect starting point. The customs below were done by the extremely talented Captain Mego (Chris Meimann). The guy can do this type of stuff in his sleep. I've been to his workshop and have seen what he's capable of first hand. Have Chris make your prototypes and then send them to China to be reproduced, simple as that. :yeah:

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Mego/Wolverine_zpsa6l1sns9.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Mego/Ant%20Man_zpsnxffmrzq.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Mego/Cyclops_zpsmboefn4b.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Mego/Wasp_zpsltamlfbo.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Mego/Electro_zpsoxzfdoho.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/zicatoys/Captain%20Mego/Carnage_zpsqaihfzbt.jpg

pmwasson
Mar 17, '16, 3:03 PM
Amazing figures! I would love it if they could be mass produced.

(Nice laser!)

EMCE Hammer
Mar 17, '16, 3:56 PM
Those are fantastic, but the outfits aren't removable which is a pivotal part of the Diamond deal from what I understand.

PNGwynne
Mar 17, '16, 4:29 PM
Chris, bless him, is a genius. I love his Ant-Man and Wasp.

ZICA
Mar 17, '16, 4:35 PM
Those are fantastic, but the outfits aren't removable which is a pivotal part of the Diamond deal from what I understand.

I'm thinking it's more of a price point issue. The MEZCO stuff doesn't have removable close either but their $80 price point doesn't make them competition for Hasbro's Marvel Legends 6" line.

daz71
Mar 17, '16, 4:49 PM
lovely set of figures.

JediJaida
Mar 17, '16, 6:17 PM
Non removable clothes are a deal breaker for me, sorry.

They are gorgeous figures, but if I can't remove the clothing to put my own stuff on them, forget it.

GlobalObserver
Mar 17, '16, 7:25 PM
I'd love to see someone produce high end 8" figures. I couldn't care less about removable clothes.

Mezco has proven with their One:12 figures that it's possible to make highly detailed figures on a scale much smaller than 1:6.

I'd much rather pay $100.00+ for a really great figure than pay $30.00 for the typical FTC re-MEGO.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Mar 17, '16, 7:40 PM
Outside of the superhero genre, I would say that NECA is doing a great job with highly detailed figures. Captain Mego' figures are out of this world.

sprytel
Mar 17, '16, 9:14 PM
Craig, that *is* a great idea. Now if only you knew somebody who ran a toy company... :wink_y:

I'd love to see you take another run at a line of Mego figures with the quality of your Buck Rogers figures. You were doing the Mezco thing before it was cool. I think it just needs a more commercially viable property.

enyawd72
Mar 18, '16, 3:05 AM
I ordered my first One:12 figure this week. I'm going to allow myself to collect this one line outside of my models. They're just too nice to pass up...I know I'll regret not getting in on them down the road.

BTW...Marvelousnews.com has teasers for Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Red Skull. The Skull looks INSANE!

enyawd72
Mar 18, '16, 3:06 AM
I ordered my first One:12 figure this week. I'm going to allow myself to collect this one line outside of my models. They're just too nice to pass up...I know I'll regret not getting in on them down the road.

BTW...Marvelousnews.com has teasers for Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Red Skull. The Skull looks INSANE!

K
Mar 19, '16, 5:35 PM
Never heard of the Wasp but that figure (and all of 'em) are a thing of beauty. Is the Wasp on a Zica Yvonne body??

ZICA
Mar 19, '16, 8:59 PM
Craig, that *is* a great idea. Now if only you knew somebody who ran a toy company... :wink_y:

I'd love to see you take another run at a line of Mego figures with the quality of your Buck Rogers figures. You were doing the Mezco thing before it was cool. I think it just needs a more commercially viable property.

Trust me, if I had the money and the license was available I'd do highly detailed Marvel figures in a heartbeat. Thanks for the compliment on the Buck Rogers figures, and I'm definitely not done with the 8" figure format :wink_y:

Never heard of the Wasp but that figure (and all of 'em) are a thing of beauty. Is the Wasp on a Zica Yvonne body??

Yes, it's a ZICA Yvonne body :smile:

PeterRR
Mar 20, '16, 10:23 AM
I'd love to see someone produce high end 8" figures. I couldn't care less about removable clothes.

I'd much rather pay $100.00+ for a really great figure than pay $30.00 for the typical FTC re-MEGO.
I've been saying that for years about ,mattel, emce and classic toys. It even got me banned from the emce boards. I have a lot of custom figure from another talented person "blackknight" .

EMCE Hammer
Mar 20, '16, 8:49 PM
I've been saying that for years about ,mattel, emce and classic toys. It even got me banned from the emce boards. I have a lot of custom figure from another talented person "blackknight" .

Just to be clear, you got banned from the EMCE board for a tasteless comment that went well beyond a critique of product or business strategy.

Gorn Captain
Mar 21, '16, 10:04 AM
Wow. Those customs are amazing. Sculpts, outfits, they're all perfection.
I don't feel the need to remove any clothing, just pose them a bit, so these would be the thing for me.
I haven't been that impressed with what Diamond is doing with their Marvel sets (both regarding price and quality), haven't been tempted by any.

Only three lines have ticked all the "Mego" boxes for me: ZICA Buck (I've actually bought multiples to keep that great feeling going), EMCE Universals and most of the Neca 8" lines.

If these Marvel customs made it into production, that would be line number four on my list...

nubee
Mar 21, '16, 4:00 PM
They are fantastic beyond "wow," for me :drool_y:. Bummer I can't buy any of 'em becuz they are customs :ugh_y:. My favorite are Ant Man and the Wasp. They have ankle articulation too .

nubee
Mar 21, '16, 4:04 PM
"Trust me, if I had the money and the license was available I'd do highly detailed Marvel figures in a heartbeat. Thanks for the compliment on the Buck Rogers figures, and I'm definitely not done with the 8" figure format."

I can't wait till more news are available. I'm still hoping for The Shadow and Doc Savage :wink_y::wink_y: .

nubee
Mar 21, '16, 4:08 PM
How about a kickstarter?

C.H.O.A.M.
Mar 27, '16, 7:57 AM
those figs are amazing.
just out of curiosity, if they could be factory produced at that quality what might they retail for?

ZICA
Mar 28, '16, 5:32 PM
those figs are amazing.
just out of curiosity, if they could be factory produced at that quality what might they retail for?

You would most likely be looking at the same retails that MEZCO is getting for the ONE:12 Collective figures, which I believe is close to the same SRP of the DST Marvel figure sets.

ZICA
Mar 28, '16, 5:35 PM
How about a kickstarter?

I doubt Marvel/Disney would allow someone to go the Kickstarter route.

daz71
Mar 28, '16, 7:19 PM
what bodies are they on.

ZICA
Mar 28, '16, 7:30 PM
what bodies are they on.

Captain MEGO makes his own male bodies, the Wasp figure is on a Yvonne body.

daz71
Mar 29, '16, 6:02 AM
i think it's the bodies that make them look so good,they look more like in the comics.the suits and heads are fantastic though.