Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoApes74
    • Jun 11, 2007

Will we get more Mego Apes Retroed?

I loved the diamond re-releases back in 2008. Will we get more from future companies down the road?

Best,
    Rob
  • D!n0-M@n
    w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
    • Sep 17, 2008

I'd be very excited about and on board for collecting a new reissue of everything "Apes" that Mego did. I'd love to see the horse, playsets, every original character, as well as Retro versions of core characters that should've been made back in the '70's, etc. Will most likely never happen, but we can dream.
    MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

I would love to see FTC do POTA and Star Trek. I think they would add more characters than DST will ever do judging from the FTC Batman 66 line. Maybe in the future.

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

It is interesting that CTVT has Ape uniforms available now. I don't recall them ever making clothing that was that specific without making figures to go with them in the past.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Spyweb007
          It is interesting that CTVT has Ape uniforms available now. I don't recall them ever making clothing that was that specific without making figures to go with them in the past.
          They make Iron Man boots and gloves, Thor boots and Green Goblin boots and satchels.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
            I would love to see FTC do POTA and Star Trek. I think they would add more characters than DST will ever do judging from the FTC Batman 66 line. Maybe in the future.

That would be great, I would love to see how they do a Trek line, although licensing might be a problem
            right now the only Trek type items they carry are the black boot bodies, but since they released ape items,
            I can see them releasing Trek gold-blue-red jerseys and black pants, simply calling them color space shirts.

Comment

• MegoApes74
              • Jun 11, 2007

I enjoy all the responses everyone. I hope they retro the fortress or treehouse. Very hard playsets to find intact 40+ years later.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by MegoApes74
                I enjoy all the responses everyone. I hope they retro the fortress or treehouse. Very hard playsets to find intact 40+ years later.
                I'm with you on this and thinking it'd be cool if they did retro figures too: But, I'm not holding my breath at all... NECA had the license and did a grand total of two 8" scale figures and called it quits (due to lower than expected sales IIRC)... Maybe CTVT would have better luck, assuming their figures wouldn't be as detailed as the NECA stuff which might hold a little more appeal to hardcore MEGO enthusiasts, but I doubt it... I am glad they are doing APES style clothing though...

Comment

• houseofdracula
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 11, 2011

I'd buy more Apes.
                  I bought all of the Neca Apes.
                  The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                  https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

For me ,i would buy all the apes FTC could do ,i bought the two neca "8' figures ,but their just not mego to me ,i bought the emce apes ,and they
                    were great ,but only did four ,FTC would do well by getting this license ,if they can sell stooges,Dukes and Monkees (and i got some of those) they
                    certainly would do well with planet of the apes ,which is much more popular in this format ,imo.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
                      For me ,i would buy all the apes FTC could do ,i bought the two neca "8' figures ,but their just not mego to me ,i bought the emce apes ,and they
                      were great ,but only did four ,FTC would do well by getting this license ,if they can sell stooges,Dukes and Monkees (and i got some of those) they
                      certainly would do well with planet of the apes ,which is much more popular in this format ,imo.
                      I think the sales problems are relative here; what NECA might consider poor sales might be acceptable levels for a smaller company like FTC. I imagine that NECA is likely to let the license lapse with both the 8" line and the 7" sculpted figures done, so FTC getting it sometime down the line isn't impossible. Doing genuine Mego styled figures of characters like Taylor and Nova would have a big appeal to collectors, I think, in addition to simply recreating the original line. There are some important apes we never got, as well. Always loved Paul Williams as Virgil the orangutan in the final film, and think he would be a great addition to the line-up.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I'd love to see more apes if the bar set by EMCE/Diamond could be achieved. I'm not convinced that any company that realistically has the resources for a license has any desire to pursue it. Diamond is done with it, NECA is done with it, FTC has plenty on their plate.........I don't know who else is out there that could pull it off.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

I'll like to see the generic action apeman in repo if nothing eles. Could use the military clothes for them.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎