X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Casting He-Man

On MSN they're talking about a new He-Man movie and who should be cast as him. So what actor do you think should play He-Man?

• Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

I thought they had already cast him. A while back on the old board, I had posted a thread about a MOTU movie. I read an article that gave several cast members. The IMDB also had a page for it, but that seems to have changed. Here's the link http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=mas...f+the+universe but it no longer lists any names. Steve Blackman, a wrestler, was going to be Skeletor and the lady who played Hope on "Days of Our Lives" was supposed to be Queen Marlena. They guy that they listed as Prince Adam/HeMan was basically a buff no-name who had played smaller parts on TV shows. It looks as though they might have changed their minds, because I can no longer find actual cast information and all the articles I googled said that no one had been chosen.
    Last edited by Bizarro Amy; Jun 1, '07, 8:52 AM. Reason: because sometimes my brain moves faster than I can type
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Wasn't there a really bad crap movie in the 80s with Dolph Lungren? I remember it was so bad that my uncle got up and left the theatre right in the middle of it.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Vortigern99
        Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
        • Jul 2, 2006

The 1987 movie is only half-crap, I assure you! The Eternia sequences are awesome, and Frank Langella's Skeletor chews scenery like some kind of demented mutant Dracula. It's when the movie switches to modern-day Earth that the film's pacing -- and credibility -- take a turn for the worse. Still, there are some fun action sequences, and the fact that the plot is loosely based on Jack Kirby's Fourth World comics run -- replete with Boom Tube! -- is some consolation.

As to a new film version, I'm all for it, but I'll believe it when I see the trailer! If it's anything like the 2003 CN series, I have every ounce of faith it will be spectacular. That show was the perfect blend of old-school He-Man and fresh sci-fi/fantasy concepts.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
          Wasn't there a really bad crap movie in the 80s with Dolph Lungren? I remember it was so bad that my uncle got up and left the theatre right in the middle of it.
          I actually liked that one
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I was only out of MOTU toys a year when the movie came out. It's lack of Prince Adam and setting on Earth really honked me off. I'll have to rewatch it one day. I've heard of the Fourth World connections, but I haven't rewatched it myself to see those.

If Transformers does well, expect every major toyline of the last 40 years to get a movie in pre-production pronto.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

They might as well just let Vince McMahon and WWE films produce this one and stack it full of wrestlers. I can't imagine actually being impressed by the script anyway.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hulk
                They might as well just let Vince McMahon and WWE films produce this one and stack it full of wrestlers. I can't imagine actually being impressed by the script anyway.
                I was thinking the same thing.

At least that way it would be done as satire and might come out watchable because it would be funny-- deliberate or not

Cast HHH as HeMan

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

yeah, even though I was a fan of HeMan when I was a kid, I just don't see this being done well outside of cartoons.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎