X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

do 6" accessories work for 8" figures

would the accessories with a hasbro deadpool work on a mego figure mainly the swordshasbro.png
  • Carmelkettle
    Museum Patron
    • May 26, 2015

Generally speaking, 6" is far too small. At scale 8" is 1 1/2" to the foot; 6" scale is 1" per foot. So anything at 6" scale would be comically small, and the smaller the accessory the more obvious. It's easier to fool the eye with larger things like cars, but still noticeable the scale is too small. Unless that's the look you are going for. The best judge is how it looks to your eye.
    Last edited by Carmelkettle; Feb 23, '16, 4:48 PM.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

you can't really tell with pictures on the internet so i thought i'd better ask on here.thanks you've saved me some money.

Comment

• Type3Toys
        Home Of The Type3 Body
        • Jan 18, 2005

Some times you can. A lot of times weapons are over sized and work well. I have found a perfect in scale AK 47 rifle in a dollar store with one of those plastic figure they sell. The gun was far to large for the figure it was sold with, but perfect for AJ.
        LOOK
        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Some of the discount store ninjas have accessories that will work for a Deadpool. I hardly ever have luck with the regular production marvel or DC stuff. It's usually way too big or way too small.

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

just been looking at some cheapo stores online and the 6" figures look to have long swords which could work.maybe doc mego has some the right size.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Type3Toys
              Some times you can. A lot of times weapons are over sized and work well. I have found a perfect in scale AK 47 rifle in a dollar store with one of those plastic figure they sell. The gun was far to large for the figure it was sold with, but perfect for AJ.
              I would agree with this.... I found a pair of binoculars with a 3 3/4" figure that worked great with Mego size figures... Also found some swords from figures of the 3 3/4" scale that worked great with Megos as well...

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by apes3978
                I would agree with this.... I found a pair of binoculars with a 3 3/4" figure that worked great with Mego size figures... Also found some swords from figures of the 3 3/4" scale that worked great with Megos as well...
                that is interesting i'll keep a look out in the pound shops for figures with accessories.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎