Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compared to Doc's how bad are the CTVT female articulated bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

Compared to Doc's how bad are the CTVT female articulated bodies?

I'm specifically talking about the Caucasian ones, shown here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-9th-Scale-...8AAOSw-7RVGMOe

My only issue with a Doc body was I had one where the hip pin snapped, but Doc took care of it.

Are there issues with fitting heads, pin / hook breakage, etc.?
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by darkbros
    I'm specifically talking about the Caucasian ones, shown here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-9th-Scale-...8AAOSw-7RVGMOe

My only issue with a Doc body was I had one where the hip pin snapped, but Doc took care of it.

Are there issues with fitting heads, pin / hook breakage, etc.?
    i once bought 7 of these and they were great all were fine and still are.no breakages or problems with fitting heads.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

thanks daz

Comment

• Slarivier
        • Sep 21, 2014

I like them a lot... particularly the hips optionally popping in for a different stance. I'll be ordering several for upcoming FTC releases.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I love Doc's stuff, except for the stringing issues.

And watch out for those rubber bands, they tend to dry out over time and snap.

Other than that, they are much better than CTVT.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Well if you've seen my "Ladies" post it obvious I've had my hands on both types of bodies.

Docs are good solid bodies but I've had a couple of hip pins break and the color is hard to match with the head currently available and if you paint the hands don't plan trying to remove the paint at a latter date as the softer plastic breaks down at the wrists with thinner or acetone - I ruined one trying to remove paint.

CTVT/FTC has it own issues, mainly the torso ball causes it to flop from side to side. I've fixed this buy coping Docs idea and I center the ball and glue it to the top torso piece. The legs at the hips don't move smoothly, they tend to either snap together or go out at a bit of an angel. On the plus side the harder plastic allows you to paint the hands and remove the paint and the color matches their heads better then Docs.

I don't mind using either one and it depends on who I ordering from as to which I buy. I really don't know why it's so hard to duplicate the original Mego body design which I still think is the best. Of course a bandless body would be the best, Mattel's DC Retro comes close.

My 2 cents.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

I know the male bodies that Bif Bang Pow uses are pretty good and have the rotating upper arm. What about their female bodies?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                I know the male bodies that Bif Bang Pow uses are pretty good and have the rotating upper arm. What about their female bodies?

JeffBearCO
                BBP used Doc bodies.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

In my bias opinion, 2005 CTVT India production female bodies are rittled with problems, as were the males. Nevertheless, it does not mean that these bodies do. India production failed in not properly tooling thier castings before assembly. This resulted in their more fragile plastic cracking and breaking. Original Mego females bodies have the same problem. Most commonly the cracking at the wrists.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

I just got a note back from the seller...these are the 2005 India CTVT female bodies listed in the ebay auction.
                    :(

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

Those early female bodies are awful ,they break very easy the ones from cttv ,however the new female bodies from FTC/cttv "made in china" are
                      much better ,i know a lot of folks dont like these either ,but to date i have no problem with them ,the ball joint with the stubbles makes them
                      a bit akward to pose at times .but i like them better then Emce/diamond because their more mego like ,and i do think that megos are still the
                      best IMO for what its worth ,The doc megos are made well ,its just they are to short and squat,and the arms are to rubbery,and strung to tight.the
                      only thing other then the stubbles on the new ftc bodies is the color,would rather have them like the megos coloring ,not 0z gals coloring ,but
                      more like the supergals waltons etc .The bif bang pows are to pale .

Comment

• K
                        Fun Will Now Commence
                        • Jun 20, 2001

^yep...that's my main grip with doc female bodies: arms strung too tightly for arms to raise smoothly. You feel like you're pulling the arm from its socket to raise. Posture is better, but someone here posted a restring for ctvt female bodies that fix the slouching problem. So I'll likely stick with ctvt females. I like the zica yvonne body but the scale is a teensy bit smallish. My two cents. :D
                        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎