Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doink1
    • Jul 31, 2014

mattel new super girls line 12 inch figures from NYC 2016 Toy convention

How hard is it to make decent female figures? These figures are coming from Mattel. 12 inch figures with a price point at $20.. These are incredible

[
  • doink1
    • Jul 31, 2014

Comment

• doink1
      • Jul 31, 2014

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

Yeah, they're awesome. My daughter can't wait for these to hit store shelves. She's been saving her money.

Comment

• doink1
          • Jul 31, 2014

they hit the shelves February 28th.... the toy gougers are already getting them and selling on Ebay. Seriously though, these are great figures. Female figures can be done correctly for 8 inch. The superfriends wonder woman is rough.. ugh

Comment

• houseofdracula
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 11, 2011

Not trying to be a Downer but these look like, DC meets Disney.
            They remind me of my Daughters Disney Princess dolls.
            I've heard many complaints about the sizes of some of the FTC heads and (sorry to say) that was the first thing that I noticed about these.
            The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
            https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

Also, Mattel has a lot more money to throw at these and will be churning these out if much larger numbers than anything FTC and Mego figures can do at this point.

So yeah, these look great but it is because of having a much larger toy company behind them.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

These are adorable.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by houseofdracula
                  Not trying to be a Downer but these look like, DC meets Disney.
                  They remind me of my Daughters Disney Princess dolls.
                  I've heard many complaints about the sizes of some of the FTC heads and (sorry to say) that was the first thing that I noticed about these.
                  exactly what they are supposed to remind you of, Mattel is using the Monster High/Bratz design template for these. Cutsey design with slightly oversized heads. Its intentional, not a goof like most of FTC's stuff that they can't seem to correct.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

And Mattel just lost the Disney Princess line to Hasbro, so they are filling that void.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                      Also, Mattel has a lot more money to throw at these and will be churning these out if much larger numbers than anything FTC and Mego figures can do at this point.

So yeah, these look great but it is because of having a much larger toy company behind them.

JeffBearCO
                      so because FTC isn't a big company their stuff gets a pass if its shoddy? NECA is a similar company and they have no problem making high quality Mego size figures.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• doink1
                        • Jul 31, 2014

exactly. The reason for my post is due to quality. These mattel figures are incredible and well made. The quality has nothing to do with big mattel vs the little companies.

I personally have purchased all Batmann 1966 figures from FTC. Its a great line and is presentable. The superfriends Wonder Woman is my example. Really? Splits in the legs, hippy body with big head. The price has gone up for these figures. i just feel that we are now paying for a head and clothes. I Love that FTC has alot in the pipeline... slow the machine down and get it right or many of us will stop purchasing

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I think I am pretty much done with FTC, personally. It's not JUST the size of the female heads, it's also the size of the body; the shoddily made clothes in some cases, and the VERY shoddy shoes!

I think I will stick with Type S bodies, from now on.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

No one is better at making high quality articulated dolls at a mass market price than Mattel. They are experts at it. Their production runs are also enormous. Which helps bring the costs down. They are going to be selling those to millions of kids.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

Mattel did have a MAJOR fail producing the DC 8' RetroAction line though, the body they chose was pure crap.

And yes, these do have huge heads... but they are supposed to.. a lot of girl doll lines are done in this format. Mego-like figures shouldn't have heads like this though.... hint.. hint...
                              Last edited by jayraytee; Feb 17, '16, 3:26 PM.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎