• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

How about EMCE Conan?

Conan isn't owned by Marvel.

Tarzan might go into that area too i think even.

So there ya go first two for WGSH EMCE Repros

Conan and Tarzan :-)
  • Ssylyss
    Museum Patron
    • Jan 16, 2008

That would be very, very cool. When I was a kid a good friend of mine had a mego conan. This was well before I even knew what a mego was. I loved chopping down other figures with that big battle axe.

Comment

• timmy
      • Feb 5, 2008

Conan & Tarzan

That's brilliant.
      I'm new here so it might have been discussed before, but that would be great.

Might be easier to get the rights/license than the Marvel & DC.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

That would be cool,that's one of the few I've never owned
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
          Conan isn't owned by Marvel.

Tarzan might go into that area too i think even.

So there ya go first two for WGSH EMCE Repros

Conan and Tarzan :-)
          Technically those two characters are owned by even bigger companies and even more stubborn then Marvel or DC could ever imagine. It would probably be a nightmare for Paul (Dr. Mego) to try and get licensing rights to produce action figures for Tarzan or even Conan. I am pretty sure Dr. Mego had to jump through a ton of hula hoops and red tape to get the rights to produce those Star Trek figures and I am sure it wasn't easy. If I am wrong, I am sure he'll correct me if he sees this.

You want a Tarzan or Conan figure? I am pretty sure Dr. Mego could slap one together for you with all the parts he has laying around. You should give him a call.
          Last edited by Cosmicman; Apr 10, '08, 3:01 PM.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

"If" they're able to produce a CONAN figure, let's hope that he doesn't have an oversized head like the MEGO one has.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Both characters are currently being published in comics by Dark Horse, so they must not be that difficult to deal with.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

If they do Tarzan and Conan, I'd prefer exact replicas. Would be cool.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Both characters are currently being published in comics by Dark Horse, so they must not be that difficult to deal with.
                  In addition, there's that Marvel Legends style Conan 2 Pk, so obviously they're open to toy licenses. Of course that appears to be a peg-warmer at my Wal-Mart so maybe not...
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

They might sell as part of the WGSH group, but I doubt they'd sell well on their own. So unless you get the rights to produce DC and Marvel characters I don't see why anyone would wanna put up the cash for these
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

There was an issue of Back Issue magazine that came out a couple of years back and it featured accounts from Roy Thomas and some others stating that is was very hard dealing with the ERB estate in regards to Tarzan.
                      Scott

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Neca Has the Rights to make the Arnie Conan figures,.. not sure if that affects the Comicbook License.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by apes3978
                          "If" they're able to produce a CONAN figure, let's hope that he doesn't have an oversized head like the MEGO one has.
                          Its that dang "naked" body design that everyone raves about that creates
                          that optical illusion---like I've said before Conan needs a bodysuit baby!
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                            Its that dang "naked" body design that everyone raves about that creates
                            that optical illusion---like I've said before Conan needs a bodysuit baby!
                            Nah, his head is a bit oversized no matter how ya slice it... Conan wearing pajamas isn't gonna fix that.

Plus, when he's decked out in his attire, he looks alright... It's when he's nude that he looks terrible.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                              • Oct 8, 2007

I am not comfortable with how any of my figures look nude. It does pose an interesting question though, why did tarzan get the skin color suit, but conan didn't??? I am guessing because of the gauntlets, they don't fit over a suit??? Just curious.
                              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎