X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Harry Potter Figures

I bit the bullet and ordered Harry Potter along with the pieces from CTVT to have the school sweater uniform.

This led me to wonder if they would do any variants of Harry Potter and the other characters. It would be kinda cool to have a Harry Potter in Quiddich uniform as well as HP in his dress robes from the Yule Ball.

Can anyone think of other variants they might want to do?

JeffBearCO
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I'm not sure what Ron & Hermoine wore, but Harry's non-Wizard World clothes, particularly in the beginning, were pretty bad. Muggle World Harry! LOL! The surest way for FTC to make money off the HP license is to do lots and lots of variants (see 1966 Batman license). But I think the Potter license lends itself to this very well. Regular school robes is a must too.

I just hope, besides making Hermoine, that they tap into the different age ranges of the kids. Maybe they are not variants in the strictest of terms, but I want the kids when they were, well, kids.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

After looking at the pictures, the Quiddich uniform would require the most custom parts. But once it was done, they could churn them out in all 4 colors and include them as an option for their Make Yourself An Action Figure business.

Plus a completer pack would be cool. Much like the 66 Batman Accessory Pack but with a cauldron, Marauder's Map, broomsticks and text books.

It's all about getting the word out to the Harry Potter geek community.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I think it would be cool for them to make Action Jackson-like costume packages, Quidditch robes with bluddgers and a snitch in the colors of the 4 houses.

Deatheater robes and mask. Prison uniforms and straight jackets. Muggle clothes.

But I'm guessing they will make different versions of the characters if the line has legs and if the actors with OK the likenesses. Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore and Voldemort are no-brainers. Sirius Black, Lupin, Hagrid, McGonagall would be the next four I'd want. Peter Pettigrew, Mad-eye Moody, Lucious Malfoy. The list goes on forever.

I would like to see little kid versions of the main 3, too.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Not something I'm interested in, but I can see this going over for Potter fans. Previous action figures have suffered from many things, including short packed figures, gimmicks, and being slightly posable statues rather than action figures. The only really posable Potters are the high end 12" scale stuff. This takes the latter and shrinks both the size and the price, making them accessible to fans who may not have really deep pockets. If the word can get out, I think FTC could do quite well here.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I've been a big fan of the Action Jackson Adventure Packs since I was a kid!

I'd love for FTC to start doing additional costumes/Secret Identity packs for different figures allowing you to mix and match. They already do some of this through the classictvtoys.com site. It would be great to see these more formalized.

The female clothes are severely lacking though. With the first Wonder Woman wave due to come out this year, I'm hoping things get better in that respect.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎