X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

No Jan 29 clue?

No clue for tomorrow Jan 29? Or will there be pre-orders?
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

personally I don't care for any Friday clues for a while,i like to see the pre-orders start,there has already been enough announced to satisfy for a bit.

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

At this point in our FTC lives, do we really need clues about what's "coming out next"?

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

SPOILER!!!

Comment

• Dayton43
          • Jan 4, 2014

More package variants

Saw these on the FTC site as well, Ill stick with the Kresge versions.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I wish FTC could use all original Mego art for these retro packaging.

Hope WINDOW BOXES are next!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

good, more money saved for me. Variants and redressed figures are a big yawn to me. Must be a problem with Batgirl or RC Batman that we aren't seeing that wave before the surfing set. And where in the heck is Catwoman. She is a sorely missing figure in the 66 line.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 29, '16, 3:59 AM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                As somebody who works all week on the newsletter when you guys do this, it tells me to just give up.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                  As somebody who works all week on the newsletter when you guys do this, it tells me to just give up.
                  Nah! Please don't!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Agreed, if they post it early, why bring it to our attention. I would have preferred to see this in the newsletter first. Just stop already.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I enjoy the newsletters since I see that as the official source of what's new and what's coming up.

I also enjoy the hints to what is coming as the speculation seems to rev up the anticipation.

I do have figures that I'm looking forward to and even if the hint is for a pre-order, I consider it a good thing. There is a lot on the list for this year coming up and I'm eager to get to it!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I'd like to see this stuff in the Newsletter. It's fun to have all the Mego news in one spot.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Given that some of this stuff can be extremely limited, I'd kind of prefer to know when it comes up. I know nothing from FTC seems to sell out quickly, but you never know if they'll hit something that disappears fast. I know the posting of the newletter doesn't seem to have a huge lag, but I don't see the problem with info getting out as soon as someone notices. The newsletter is still useful to folks who only stop by the front page.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            Given that some of this stuff can be extremely limited, I'd kind of prefer to know when it comes up. I know nothing from FTC seems to sell out quickly, but you never know if they'll hit something that disappears fast. I know the posting of the newletter doesn't seem to have a huge lag, but I don't see the problem with info getting out as soon as someone notices. The newsletter is still useful to folks who only stop by the front page.
                            These announcements are supposed to be exclusive to the MM newsletter, but FTC seems to like to blow it for Brian by listing stuff before the official MM time.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by scott metzger
                              Well, that's your opinion but as someone who puts a tremendous pile of energy into the content, care and management of this place, I find it demotivating this weird race to "Scoop" us on our own forums.

Nothing has ever "sold out" in a fell swoop, so the argument that it NEEDS to be published immediately is specious.

But whatever, I guess I'm wrong to feel this way, after all the newsletter is only good for a minority like you said. We've been trying to grow the hobby but it seems that we should reevaluate our plan.

These announcements are supposed to be exclusive to the MM newsletter, but FTC seems to like to blow it for Brian by listing stuff before the official MM time.
                              They load it before end of day so they're ready in the morning to accept pre-orders. We're on the same time zone and I like to get the newsletter out before 8am, so i'm OK with them doing that. It doesn't happen with new reveals.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎