X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

JLU coming to Boomerang

this Sunday,it looks like JLU is coming to Boomerang. Can't wait. I for one am getting tired of watching Season Three of Justice League over and over.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Huzzah! Now if they'll only show it at a decent time. I just know those re-runs of Two Stupid Dogs are real ratings gold.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Boomerang has quite a bit of junk (like the aforementioned 2 Stupid Dogs) on it now doesn't it? Just a matter of time before it become Craptoon Network 2....

sigh
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, they've recently added Cow and Chicken. Now, I like Dexter's Lab. That is a good cartoon. Most of CN's other original shows don't appeal to me, or fit in the "classic" vein that Boomerang is supposed to be.

It's definitely junked up from what it used to be. Like most cable networks, they have a library of shows to air and add variety to the schedule. But they choose to show only a handful of series.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah I know what you guys mean. Another show on there I can do without is Mike,Lu and Og.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah I know what you guys mean. Another show on there I can do without is Mike,Lu and Og.
            Oh yeah. I don't think that one even survived a whole season on CN. I just cringe for the day Boomerang is taken over by ALL the CN shows. Good Lord, Ed, Edd and Eddy lasted for over 10 years!!! Dexter, the Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home have a nice retro feel about them that fits Boomerang. The rest need to just stay away.

At least Boomerang is finally showing an MGM block every evening. Some great Tex Avery stuff is on the air!!! Too bad they just dumped Garfield and Friends for...2 %$#@in Stupid Dogs.

I just noticed that in addition to JLU debuting Sunday night, Boomerang is airing a Fantastic Four marathon from 6 to 10. Must be the original HB series, as that is all Boomerang ever airs. Good vintage stuff!

Chris
            Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jun 1, '07, 2:04 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• joshvox
              Clown Prince of Crime
              • Mar 21, 2006

crap -- I don't get boomerang. Still, it's cool news.

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Yes!!!

I just checked and Tivo picked it up to record for me. I missed all of these when they originally aired and was wondering last week if they were ever going to pull them into the rotation on Boomerang.

I also noticed that there is a Fantastic Four (1967) mini-marathon this Sunday Evening. They're dorky, but they sure bring back some good memories of hauling-butt to get home after school to watch it.

Comment

• saildog
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 9, 2006

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I wanted to post a heads up for anyone that has been watching or recording.

Since they started airing JLU on Boomerang, they have gone through Seasons 3 and 4, then started over. So, they have almost completed two runs of Seasons 3 and 4, at this point.

Starting this Saturday Evening (July 28th), they will begin airing the final season (Season 5) with the first episode, "I Am Legion".

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

The lack of classic cartoons on these channels is disgusting, when you think of the amazing list of properties they own and can draw from

The Warner Brothers / Looney Toons catalog
                    The DC Comics cartoon catalog
                    The Hanna Barbera catalog
                    The Ruby Spears catalog

Shows like..
                    Tom & Jerry
                    Popeye
                    Huckleberry Hound
                    Quickdraw McGraw
                    The Flintstones
                    Yogi Bear
                    Jetsons
                    Magilla Gorilla
                    Jonny Quest
                    Josie and the PussyCats
                    Harlem Globetrotters
                    Hong Kong Fooey
                    Speed Buggy
                    Smurfs
                    Superfriends

And more that we can actually remember (or in some cases would like too).

Its a crying shame that they can't dedicate regular blocks of time on the weekends for the parents (and grandparents) who grew up on these shows to allow their children to share in those classic (and sometimes goofy) shows.

Imagine how many parents might actually sit with their kids during a block of shows called "The Best of Saturday Morning: 1971" and move through the various years after a few weeks, like we did, or our parents might have, knowing that the worst thing they might have to explain is that Wile E. Coyote is immune to the effects of ACME explosives gone bad? I still stop and watch Tom and Jerry when I'm lucky enough to notice it while channel surfing. Its hard NOT too, even though you know what is coming.

Not to mention the potential for them to revive even more of these classics, without having to make them outlandish versions of themselves, like Looney Babies or futuristic versions of themselves. Try letting some smaller production companies to put a new spin on Ricochet Rabbit or Speedy Gonzales. They might make even more money when they remake the live action versions of these (ala Underdog) if the kids actually knew who the heck these guys were.

:endsoapbox:

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Imagine how many parents might actually sit with their kids during a block of shows called "The Best of Saturday Morning: 1971" and move through the various years after a few weeks, like we did, or our parents might have, knowing that the worst thing they might have to explain is that Wile E. Coyote is immune to the effects of ACME explosives gone bad? I still stop and watch Tom and Jerry when I'm lucky enough to notice it while channel surfing. Its hard NOT too, even though you know what is coming.
                      When we first got sattelite 6 years ago, we had Boomerang, and they did something just like this. Saturdays were a different year every week. One week it would be 1976, the next 1982. They would air most of the HB cartoons from that year all day long. Very cool concept.

At some point they abandonned this. We dropped Boomerang for a few years and got it back about two years ago. They do show a decent mix of classic cartoons (and some old garbage), but it's the same 10 shows, over and over, every day on the schedule. There's a library of good shows gathering dust. It's lazy programming.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎