PDA

View Full Version : Hateful 8 Photo Heavy Reveal

palitoy
Jan 21, '16, 3:26 PM
http://www.megomuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/1300w-Group-.jpg

NECA dropped these amazing photos of their Hateful 8 Retro Action Figure line up this afternoon, an all star cast of 8 inch goodness.

Presented in Glorious Retro Figure Style!
Our full line of The Hateful Eight clothed action figures is already headed out to stores, so letís take a close-up look at the colorful cast thatís set to debut on shelves any day now. Check out new studio shots and in-package photos below!

http://www.megomuseum.com/neca-unveils-the-hateful-8/

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 21, '16, 3:28 PM
Those are great!

Chris

alex
Jan 21, '16, 3:30 PM
Didnt really like the movie, but Wow, the detail on those. There going to come in really nice display boxes.

palitoy
Jan 21, '16, 3:40 PM
I'm tempted but I haven't seen the movie.

Teemu
Jan 21, '16, 3:47 PM
Figures are amazing as themselves...I am thinking of grabbing them again, too bad the movie sucked

Mego Milk
Jan 21, '16, 5:58 PM
I wish they will make Pulp Fiction figures.

Type3Toys
Jan 21, '16, 6:16 PM
Perfect! Do people still think you cant make amazing 8" production figures now?

noelani72
Jan 21, '16, 7:21 PM
These are amazing. NECA is hands down the best bang for the buck.

Speaking of which, where the heck are these for sale? All I see are absurd eBay prices on a handful of figs.

GlobalObserver
Jan 21, '16, 7:41 PM
The complete set of eight figures can be purchased from Entertainment Earth for $228.99 with free shipping.

That's $28.62 per figure.

No other company even comes close to producing 8" figures of this quality and price.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Jan 22, '16, 2:15 AM
Wow, those are insanely awesome. Great looking figures.

Hector
Jan 22, '16, 6:36 AM
Huge Tarantino fan here...and I loved the movie...it's basically Reservoir Dogs set in the old West, lol. Dialogue heavy the first two thirds of the movie...and all hell breaks lose on the last third...classic Tarantino.

I'm really tempted on getting these figures...

MIB41
Jan 22, '16, 7:56 AM
Great looking figures!!! Neca has another home run!

Gorn Captain
Jan 22, '16, 9:11 AM
They look great. I want these badly.
The outfits are really great, so plenty of customizing potential as well.

Confessional
Jan 22, '16, 9:37 AM
I should have Daisy in hand this evening for further evaluation… wow, never been so tempted by a contemporary pop culture line like this. Kurt, Tim and Bruce's likeness are so good and the costuming is just great. Looks to be a decent set of accessories too.

On the movie (incredibly fun roadshow presentation!)… while it had some plot and sequencing flaws, it had impressive acting runs on the dialogue, stunning use of Panavision, and one of the best movie soundtracks in decades. I fail to see how anyone could be so dismissive as *it sucked*, but such is life. It's not likely a film that will turn you into a QT or western movie fan. ;)

Gorn Captain
Jan 22, '16, 2:14 PM
I'm going to see the movie next week, but even if it's not that great (which I doubt), I'll still want the figures.

GlobalObserver
Jan 22, '16, 2:48 PM
I'm tempted to buy a second set to eventually re-sell.

With a limited run of only 3,000 sets worldwide, I think the investment potential is pretty good.

This set is worth the money just for the parts alone. Lots of great pieces for customizers.

Hector
Jan 22, '16, 2:49 PM
I should have Daisy in hand this evening for further evaluationÖ wow, never been so tempted by a contemporary pop culture line like this. Kurt, Tim and Bruce's likeness are so good and the costuming is just great. Looks to be a decent set of accessories too.

On the movie (incredibly fun roadshow presentation!)Ö while it had some plot and sequencing flaws, it had impressive acting runs on the dialogue, stunning use of Panavision, and one of the best movie soundtracks in decades. I fail to see how anyone could be so dismissive as *it sucked*, but such is life. It's not likely a film that will turn you into a QT or western movie fan. ;)

Yes, as I said before on my previous post, I really dug the movie. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was Tarantino narrating...first, he doesn't have a great voice, second, it was really not necessary, as the movie was pretty easy to follow...but aside from that...Tarantino is the master of authentic real dialogue, like people talk in real life...the only other director that comes to mind who can do that as well is Martin Scorsese. Good call on mentioning Panavison and soundtrack, a true homage to Sergio Leone...and especially the still living and contributor, Ennio Morricone.

Confessional
Jan 22, '16, 10:03 PM
Daisy rocks! The details from head to toe are NECArific! :)

• the likeness and emotion in the sculpt is phenomenal, better than I can get in these quick pics
• hair is soft cast/flexible pvc
• well fitting pleated dress has full detailed petticoat underneath
• very nice proportional female body
• hands and forearms are sculpted and painted gloves
• adjustable shackle/chain accessory for John Ruth interaction

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a484/ConfessionalMM/NECA--Daisy-Domergue%2001_zpsub6ngndw.jpg (http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/ConfessionalMM/media/NECA--Daisy-Domergue%2001_zpsub6ngndw.jpg.html)

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a484/ConfessionalMM/NECA--Daisy-Domergue-02_zps216rqi3l.jpg (http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/ConfessionalMM/media/NECA--Daisy-Domergue-02_zps216rqi3l.jpg.html)

Ssylyss
Jan 23, '16, 7:58 PM
Wow she looks fantastic. Can't wait to get the set. If I can find the time I'm going to have to create a Minnie's Haberdashery set for them to hang out in.

RickD
Jan 23, '16, 8:38 PM
pre ordered my set. After seeing these pictures, I was sold!

Carmelkettle
Jan 23, '16, 8:54 PM
[QUOTE=Confessional;1264034]Daisy rocks! The details from head to toe are NECArific! :)

Confessional - what is the articulation? I picked up the Interstellar set and was disappointed to see the female body has less articulation than the male. Also did you order this or find at a brick and mortar? Thx

Confessional
Jan 23, '16, 9:38 PM
^^ Pretty much the same articulation model as the other NECAs I have (POTA Taylor/Soldier and Crimson Ghosts), and an improvement over the earlier female (Django/Hilde) model.

Good Motion: head, shoulders, arms, wrists, hips

Limited Motion: waist (swivel joint), ankles (shoe feet), neck (torso sculpt/non-articulated)

While the wrists have full multi-directional motion, the pins are small and seem a bit fragile, not unlike several modern 1/6 figures.

Daisy was direct shipped from NECA from their West Coast distribution center. I'm waiting like everyone else for the full pre-order discounted set. ;)

Carmelkettle
Jan 23, '16, 10:15 PM
^^ Pretty much the same articulation model as the other NECAs I have (POTA Taylor/Soldier and Crimson Ghosts), and an improvement over the earlier female (Django/Hilde) model.
;)

Thanks, Interstellar Brand doesn't have bicep or thigh rotation and the pins are very small and weak. Already tore one elbow. Sounds like they may have updated the body.

MIB41
Jan 24, '16, 1:06 PM
Did you pick her up at a local store or online?

Confessional
Jan 25, '16, 6:18 PM
^^ online via NecaClub (http://www.necaclub.com/category-s/1884.htm)

Looks like John Ruth and Major Warren are sold out. The prices are also tiered now (they weren't originally) with Daisy and Smithers at a premium. Perhaps that signifies lower stock on the more popular characters. The EE pre-order is the way to go if you want them… best price and benefits the MM. ;)

Type3Toys
Jan 26, '16, 7:48 AM
The more I see these, the more I cant wait to get them! This is exactly what the 8" scale production figure world has been promising since the Flattworld Bela Lugosi as Dracula came out in 1999. This is the kind of production figures that will put the 1/9 scale figure on the map as a genuine high end collectable.

Carmelkettle
Jan 27, '16, 8:38 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141888368193

OR best offer! Such a deal!

palitoy
Jan 27, '16, 8:39 PM
Wow, our entertainment earth link has sold an alarming number of sets.

Carmelkettle
Jan 27, '16, 8:44 PM
Wow, our entertainment earth link has sold an alarming number of sets.

An 'maybe they can't fill all the orders' alarming number??

palitoy
Jan 27, '16, 8:52 PM
An 'maybe they can't fill all the orders' alarming number??

Nope but more than i expected to see sell. It's not a big number for a wave of FTC but this had a higher price tag.

Carmelkettle
Jan 27, '16, 9:02 PM
Nope but more than i expected to see sell. It's not a big number for a wave of FTC but this had a higher price tag.

Ok, I was worried for a minute. I didn't want to be the guy considering that ebay 'best offer'. :terror:

palitoy
Jan 27, '16, 9:03 PM
I will say this, I expect them to be "hot off the truck" and then gone.

Carmelkettle
Jan 27, '16, 9:07 PM
I will say this, I expect them to be "hot off the truck" and then gone.

I assume EE will list them 'sold out' when the pre-orders have met their stock numbers. I wonder how many they ordered (3000 really isn't a big number). I think most, if not all, the other major online dealers are no longer accepting pre-orders.

MegoMoe
Jan 27, '16, 9:41 PM
I ordered a set from EE on the 21st right after the reveal. Entertainment Earth has been known to cancel orders due to limited supply, so when I saw the March shipping date I was afraid I missed out on their first shipment.
NECA says these are shipping out this week to retail.

Good to hear I should be ok. I missed out on Django

MIB41
Jan 27, '16, 9:50 PM
Amazing results! Very neat to hear this. Are any of these going to brick and mortar stores?

Teemu
Jan 27, '16, 11:26 PM
Amazing results! Very neat to hear this. Are any of these going to brick and mortar stores?

NOPE! not hitting TRU....online and some retail comic shops only

hobub
Jan 28, '16, 12:45 PM
What a disturbing movie. Wow!

MegoMoe
Feb 3, '16, 9:37 PM
Noticed that EE is now sold out.

Carmelkettle
Feb 3, '16, 10:30 PM
I think that's good. No over-sells and cancellations.

jwyblejr
Feb 6, '16, 12:15 AM
GameStop is another way to go. A couple of drawbacks though. 1)You have to have their Pro membership and 2)It will set you back 198,000 of their Member points for a set.

binkystarr
Feb 9, '16, 2:37 PM
Great figures for such horrible movie

niknum
Feb 10, '16, 10:40 PM
I ordered Jan 29th and mine now says backordered.

That does not sound good. I wanted these to go with my Django set.

Ssylyss
Feb 13, '16, 4:27 PM
I think backorder is typical for pre order items, all my other pre order items say that. My hateful eight order now says processing. Maybe they will be shipping out soon.

CrimsonGhost
Feb 13, '16, 7:18 PM
Saw them in person at Toyfair today and they look amazing!!

MegoMoe
Feb 17, '16, 9:35 PM
Mine too says backorder and I ordered Jan. 21st. I think we'll be ok. My KISS 3 3/4" figures are on backorder too.

GlobalObserver
Feb 17, '16, 10:35 PM
I received a shipping notice with tracking number on the 15th.

MegoMoe
Feb 19, '16, 7:17 PM
I have had a pre-order cancelled from EE before, so we'll see. 3000 seems like a large number since these are not really going out to retail.

Carmelkettle
Feb 19, '16, 9:56 PM
What is the point of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Hateful-Eight-Retro-Style-8-Clothed-Action-Figure-Complete-Set-NECA-OOP-/252293247507?hash=item3abdd97213:g:u-sAAOSwzgRWx5gb

As of now this is listed at $2999.99 buy it now, no bidding, no best offer. Unless this is a mistake I don't know why anyone would do this. I've seen other things listed for prices that will never be offered. Is there some advantage is this type listing I'm not aware of?

Gorn Captain
Feb 20, '16, 9:03 AM
Seller is just waiting for one crazy person to come along and get Jango fever?

Teemu
Feb 20, '16, 11:22 PM
What is the point of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Hateful-Eight-Retro-Style-8-Clothed-Action-Figure-Complete-Set-NECA-OOP-/252293247507?hash=item3abdd97213:g:u-sAAOSwzgRWx5gb

As of now this is listed at $2999.99 buy it now, no bidding, no best offer. Unless this is a mistake I don't know why anyone would do this. I've seen other things listed for prices that will never be offered. Is there some advantage is this type listing I'm not aware of?

They are not really selling at any scalper prices...the figures are very nice,but the whole rarity of these figures is very over-rated.Most people buying these are resellers trying to capitalize from the whole Django scene from that controversial
release. The Hateful eight movie stunk and the figures are not moving at the rip-off scalper prices,especially considering they just came out.There is no reason why prices even need to be high right out of the gate to begin with.

MegoMoe
Feb 24, '16, 8:55 PM
My order now says Sold Out instead of backordered. Think I am out of luck. Bad news for what I think is starting to become quite a cool mego collection. I have a lot of unique pieces and was hoping to add these without have even seen the movie.

Carmelkettle
Feb 24, '16, 10:56 PM
My order now says Sold Out instead of backordered. Think I am out of luck. Bad news for what I think is starting to become quite a cool mego collection. I have a lot of unique pieces and was hoping to add these without have even seen the movie.

That stinks, sorry.

Teemu
Feb 25, '16, 12:47 PM

BBTS has plenty of them in stock

MegoMoe
Feb 25, '16, 4:39 PM
BBTS has plenty of them in stock

I am not surprised considering they are charging $70 more per set than EE. A set went for $275 on ebay. I'll keep looking.

Type3Toys
Mar 4, '16, 10:53 AM
I am not surprised considering they are charging $70 more per set than EE. A set went for $275 on ebay. I'll keep looking.

EE has them for $228 per set.

Confessional
Mar 4, '16, 3:34 PM
^^ had them.

According to EE Customer Service the pre-order has been sold out for quite a while and NECA didn't ship enough to cover all of them. EE ships chronologically on order date, meaning all of the stock they had was already shipped to buyers. Everyone else who ordered is waiting to see if EE can get the additional stock from NECA, but it doesn't look too good given the rise in prices in the secondary market.

I'm starting to think all 3k sets have been sold/shipped or broken, and NECA has now confirmed a Tarantino addition to the line-up, which might support the *potential* sell out theory.

http://necaonline.com/55885/products/toys/plush-and-dolls/the-hateful-eight-clothed-8-action-figure-quentin-tarantino-the-writer-director/

Carmelkettle
Mar 4, '16, 8:14 PM
Not to be a downer, but I suspected for a while the pre-sale was sold out. 3000 isn't very many at all and when I saw the set was being offered by so many dealers, I started to think there's not enough to go around. I haven't received a shipping notice and I don't expect to. I ordered late, wasn't absolutely certain I wanted these, and now if I don't get them I won't mind. I do kind of like that Tarantino, for some reason though. But it does bother me there are people on the board who wanted them and now might not receive them. And it REALLY bothers me to see scalpers listing them for twice or more what they originally cost. And it REALLY REALLY!! bothers me when those scalpers list 'more than one set available'.

GlobalObserver
Mar 4, '16, 10:54 PM
EE is taking orders again. Maybe all previous orders will finally be filled.

Carmelkettle
Mar 5, '16, 9:00 PM
EE is taking orders again. Maybe all previous orders will finally be filled.

Well that's odd. But good ...??

Teemu
Mar 6, '16, 10:44 AM
Not to be a downer, but I suspected for a while the pre-sale was sold out. 3000 isn't very many at all and when I saw the set was being offered by so many dealers, I started to think there's not enough to go around. I haven't received a shipping notice and I don't expect to. I ordered late, wasn't absolutely certain I wanted these, and now if I don't get them I won't mind. I do kind of like that Tarantino, for some reason though. But it does bother me there are people on the board who wanted them and now might not receive them. And it REALLY bothers me to see scalpers listing them for twice or more what they originally cost. And it REALLY REALLY!! bothers me when those scalpers list 'more than one set available'.

This is mostly the reason why people are buying these to begin with- to scalp and profit from the whole Django nonsense earlier on.The fact that the demand is not even there for these,there in stock everywhere and yet people are trying to capitalize off something that very little people have interest in...It's nothing but HYPE for these!

The figures are definitely nice,but the movie stunk....If this was something like TOMBSTONE 8" figures with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, which is actually a GOOD movie,then I'd see the fuss

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Mar 6, '16, 10:56 PM
I just saw these up close today and they are amazing. I thought I might be able to get one but the store was only selling the complete set ($455 Canadian). He said they were severely shorted on the amount they ordered. They look fantastic.

Confessional
Mar 7, '16, 9:10 AM
Just heard from EE; says NECA has freed more sets… looking better than last week. Scalpers be damned! ;)

MegoMoe
Mar 7, '16, 4:47 PM
This is mostly the reason why people are buying these to begin with- to scalp and profit from the whole Django nonsense earlier on.The fact that the demand is not even there for these,there in stock everywhere and yet people are trying to capitalize off something that very little people have interest in...It's nothing but HYPE for these!

The figures are definitely nice,but the movie stunk....If this was something like TOMBSTONE 8" figures with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, which is actually a GOOD movie,then I'd see the fuss

I haven't even seen the movie, but as a Mego-style toy collector, these figures appeal to me. They will be a valued part of my collection.

MegoMoe
Mar 8, '16, 8:04 PM
Mine shipped today...

Gorn Captain
Mar 9, '16, 10:02 AM
I liked the movie and like the figures. I'll pick them up somewhere along the line. A whole set at once is a bit much, so I'll have to pick my moment.

Confessional
Mar 9, '16, 10:07 AM
^^ Yes indeed! Product is on the move… hope everyone gets their pre-orders! :)

GlobalObserver
Mar 9, '16, 1:15 PM
NECAís Hateful Eight line gets one more addition, just in time for the Blu-Ray release of the film! NECA recently revealed their Quentin Tarantino 8″ Scale Mego Style Figure. Here are the details:

We have a very limited edition treat for fans of The Hateful Eight: Quentin Tarantino as The Writer & Director! With clapperboard in hand, he stands ready to direct our previously released line of retro clothed action figures.

This fully articulated 8Ē figure is dressed in intricately tailored fabric clothing similar to the iconic toy lines of the 1970s. It features the authorized likeness of Quentin Tarantino and comes in window box packaging. STRICTLY LIMITED to 3,000 pieces worldwide.

These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Hateful-Eight-Quentin-Tarantino-001.jpg
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Hateful-Eight-Quentin-Tarantino-002.jpg
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Hateful-Eight-Quentin-Tarantino-003.jpg
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Hateful-Eight-Quentin-Tarantino-005.jpg
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Hateful-Eight-Quentin-Tarantino-006.jpg
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Hateful-Eight-Quentin-Tarantino-007.jpg

GlobalObserver
Mar 9, '16, 2:19 PM
EE jumped the price from $28.99 to $54.99 on the Quentin figure a few minutes after I ordered it.

Some shops like TOYWIZ are charging scalper prices ($124.99) right from the start.

Teemu
Mar 9, '16, 6:48 PM
of course they are,this whole line is being scalped and nobody is paying their prices (especially ebay)

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Mar 9, '16, 8:47 PM
I would be pretty darned proud of getting a cool action figure of myself like Tarantino'. I would get them if I had the disposable income, and somewhere to display them.

Gorn Captain
Mar 10, '16, 8:46 AM
Gonna be hard work, But I need this...

Carmelkettle
Mar 10, '16, 1:33 PM
EE jumped the price from $28.99 to $54.99 on the Quentin figure a few minutes after I ordered it.

Some shops like TOYWIZ are charging scalper prices ($124.99) right from the start.

I must have just missed this, the last time I checked Tarantino wasn't even listed. At $28.99 that's a fair price, $54.99 is too much for me.

MegoMoe
Mar 10, '16, 6:51 PM
I think anyone with patience will get a better price. No way they sell 3,000 of these at this price. Their eBay site has only sold 150.

Gorn Captain
Mar 11, '16, 10:44 AM
That's what I'm hoping for.