X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Lil D Superfriends commercial

It's with a tremendous amount of pride and joy I bring you something that Huedell made for me during the holidays. As many of you know, I had my grandson do a short video review of the series one Superfriends a short while back. Huedell saw this and his creative juices started flowing. And creative it was. He put together snippets of my grand son's review with the classic Superfriends intro and made it into a instantly classic commercial that is both heartwarming and enduring. This was a tough Christmas because it was my first without my mother, so Huedell's gift could not have been more timely and impactful. It gave us all some much needed smiles and I wanted to publicly thank Huedell for being so thoughtful and making something that no one in my family will ever forget. How many of us can say we got to be part of the Superfriends? I've always wanted to make my grandson's life a special one growing up. Huedell has added a much valued chapter to his little life and ours. Thanks buddy.

Last edited by MIB41; Jan 19, '16, 8:06 AM.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Awesome... That is absolutely Fantastic... Great job by the little guy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that's just adorable. A very nice gesture, and it just warms the heart to know our childhood heroes can still excite young kids like this!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

So cute!!!! FTC should have you guys on the payroll, and use this in their social media.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Agreed! This is what it's all about! Lil' D is SO cute! I've been on the FTC FB page, hoping to see little kids enjoying these figures as we did back in the day. Lil' D is the perfect spokeskid for FTC!

Originally posted by Hedji
          So cute!!!! FTC should have you guys on the payroll, and use this in their social media.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• supes
            For the love of Mego's!
            • Jan 19, 2004

That was fantastic!!!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Lil D is adorable. Nice job on the commercial. I love seeing these toys in the hands of kids where they belong.

Tom, I hope these are out of the package with you on the floor playing with Lil D.

Enjoyed watching this.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

That was awesome! If that doesn't bring a smile to your face I don't know if anything could! Kudos Huedell, you did a great job, and props to Tom for being an awesome grandfather!

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

Very awesome. I would like Lil D review of all new FTC figures. Then Hudell can do his magic
                  Thank guys!
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                    Very awesome. ...Thank guys!
                    Thanks Mark, warlock664, and the others who have said complimentary things regarding the Lil D FTC vid

And BIG thanks to MIB (Tom) who allowed me to play with the awesome footage.

As the forum members are apt to say, seeing cool young kids like Lil D play with what is essentially the stuff we enjoyed as kids is a thrill---and it's a privilege to use footage of the playtime as cherished fodder to make (hopefully) inspired video edit concepts that do justice to such footage.

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
                    ...I would like Lil D review of all new FTC figures. Then Hudell can do his magic...
                    No pressure on MIB--- but, I'll just throw it out there that if he wants more Lil D video edits with FTC toys (or what-have-you)in the future, I'd be just as thrilled and humbled as ever to put stuff together. And I feel that way for quite a few reasons, some of which I pointed out in this post.

One more special thanks to Tom for the opportunity! Tom---Please give Lil D and the rest of your Lil D video-watching family my regards & gratitude---

Many times, I enjoy a good "provocative discussion" regarding toys and other parts of nerdom, the more critical side of pop culture, collecting and all that---but, I must be clear that I enjoy the celebratory side of all this even moreso (y'all just don't see me being that pop culture hippie offline!)---with that in mind, let's keep on keeping that young-at-heart spirit going strong with toys, love, and all that GOOD STUFF we celebrate here at Mego Museum (and that Tom encouraged me with with the great Lil D footage he provided)!

Rock on!
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks so much Huedell. Consider a future request to be in the works my friend. And another big shout out to everyone who had such wonderful things to say about my grandson. He is truly my life and he just loves these lines. His reaction to each new product really illustrates the lasting magic the Mego format has for anyone who is young or young at heart. All you need is a little imagination and the rest takes care of itself.

Comment

• binkystarr
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 16, 2015

Its so awesome and that little kid is ADORABLE.....great job

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎