X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Is this the End of The Flash?!?

How many times do they tease use with The Death of The Flash during these crossovers?

*yawn*
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

That's just an update of a Infantino cover from the 60's. And if its the current Flash, its mercy killing. The book is horrible.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Who did the art? The Flash looks like Garcia-Lopez artwork to me...
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Wolverine1969
        Career Member
        • Apr 7, 2005

That was my question, which Flash is this supposed to be?
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Wolverine1969
          That was my question, which Flash is this supposed to be?
          Bart Allen (formerly Kid Flash, formerly Impulse) was in the costume last time I checked. Wally seems to have gone off to be with his family.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

There are always rumours that they will eventually bring Barry Allan back. I figure it's only a matter of time.

Anyone else remember what an obnoxious character Wally was when he took over the Flash mantle? It turned out to be for the best when we got to see him go through a fantastic arc of growing into the role of the Flash, which we got to witness through some incredible runs over 200+ issues. Mike Baron, William Messner Loebs, Mark Waid, Morrison/Millar and Geoff Johns all built on each others work and progressed Wally into adulthood and hero-dom with long runs and evolving story-arcs.

All they need is the same kind of dedicated and talented long term creative team to herald Bart into the role IMHO.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
              All they need is the same kind of dedicated and talented long term creative team to herald Bart into the role IMHO.
              Unfortunately that seems to be a thing of the past as everyone hops on a book for a short 4-8 issue run and then they're gone...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

There's an interview with Didio this morning over at Newsarama. He credits Ryan Sook with the art. Cool image. Notice "Alive" is missing out of "The Fastest Man..."

I still don't understand the logic of getting rid of Wally just because IC HAD to give us a new Flash because Crisis did. Bart was much better as Kid-Flash.

Honestly, if they brought Barry back now, I'd be more into that than seeing Bart continue. But Wally should still be Flash. Waid and Johns had made him the ulitmate Flash, surpassing even Barry. Sigh.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Well at least they didn't kill Wally....so the door is still open for his return without having to explain how he came back from the dead.

I'd like to see Barry Allen return but have it be from his stay in the 30th Century just before he died in Crisis...this way they can put him back without ruining his death when they're done with him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I'd like to see Barry Allen return but have it be from his stay in the 30th Century just before he died in Crisis...this way they can put him back without ruining his death when they're done with him.
                    I'd like that too. In fact, it'd be a great time to do Marv Wolfman's long proposed "man on borrowed time" take on the Flash. Marv had Barry race backwards as he died, just in case DC decided to bring him back. That way they could have him come back to the present, knowing at some point he'd have to re-enter the loop and fufill his destiny. He'd be a man on the run, literally. It's a great concept.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Yup and since he already knows he's going to die (and when) he could take more chances and risks...sort of a carefree attitude that the villains wouldn't expect

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 10, 2006

man out of time is a very good idea but isn't that what marvel comics has planed for there new capt mar-vel series ?

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                          Formerly known as Del
                          • Dec 12, 2004

There's also the Cosmic Treadmill. I do recall an issue of the Flash(not long before Infinite Crisis) where Barry did show up briefly while using it to chase Professor Zoom. I think the Professor teamed up with the new Zoom and Barry showed up long enough to grab him and disappear into the timestream again.
                          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            Unfortunately that seems to be a thing of the past as everyone hops on a book for a short 4-8 issue run and then they're gone...
                            it seems to be killing the Wonder Woman reboot as well.

I'm hoping someone like Kurt Busiek or Grant Morrison will hop on board the title for an extended run, but that doesn't seem likely.

There seems to be a Superhero meets CSI angle that I feel like no one is really picking up the ball on with Bart following in his grandfather's footsteps as a forensics analyst.

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                              I'm not sure if that's the angle they would take now given the fact that they just pulled the same kind of stunt with Captain Mar-Vell being plucked through time just prior to his death.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎