X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMonk
    Career Member
    • Jan 22, 2007

Gilligan Series 2 ??

I got Gilligan and the Skipper for Christmas. Did Figures Toy Company ever say why they won't be making the rest of the Castaways? I'm sure Tina Louise would be very difficult in allowing a figure in her likeness, but Dawn Wells would probably be agreeable, as would the estates of the rest.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

pretty sure they said from the get go it was just going to be those two figures.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

FTC said on Facebook it would just be Gilligan and Skipper which is why I won't buy them not without the remaining 5 castaways. I first thought this would finally be our chance to get ALL 7 Gilligan's Island characters as Megos. *sigh*

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, the limited license kills it for me. It'd be as if I finally got my coveted Addams Family Megos, but only Gomez & Morticia were produced.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
          w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
          • Sep 17, 2008

Ugh! Immediately no interest now then
          MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Yeah, the limited license kills it for me. It'd be as if I finally got my coveted Addams Family Megos, but only Gomez & Morticia were produced.
            Come on I'm sure they would also produce at least "thing"....LOL
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I wish they would have done like Exclusives did and at least run the professor with the first series. I did get both scales though. They are nice figures.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I would love the other castaways too, but I am fine with just Gilligan and The Skipper. They display well together.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I'd like to see at least the Professor be done but guess it's not happening.

to bad they don't make a 3/4ths Gilligan's Island line up with SS Mino

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

I would have loved to collect the rest of the castaways ,always loved Gilligans island ,always watched after school,now anytime with the dvds,i
                    bought the exlusive premier figures back when they came out,This time i was hoping for the whole cast and head hunters and guest stars
                    like Mr wiley,Mr barkley The japanese sailor,Dr boris Balinkoff ,would have been great ,Come on FTC change your mind .

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
                      I would have loved to collect the rest of the castaways ,always loved Gilligans island ,always watched after school,now anytime with the dvds,i
                      bought the exlusive premier figures back when they came out,This time i was hoping for the whole cast and head hunters and guest stars
                      like Mr wiley,Mr barkley The japanese sailor,Dr boris Balinkoff ,would have been great ,Come on FTC change your mind .
                      Don't forget about Wrong Way Fellman, and the Ghost a Go Go.

Well with some intense thought, maybe customs of the rest can be done, thinking about it myself.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I had Gilligan and Skipper in my hands at Mego Meet last June but just couldn't pull the trigger knowing the others were never going to get made.

Charlee Flatt made a pretty mean looking Headhunter for a set he was thinking of doing.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MegoMonk
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 22, 2007

I'm sure someone will come up with customs of the rest of the cast. I was looking through a box of spare parts. nothing jumped out at me for ideas. I did notice that an original mego Luke Duke head might make a decent Professor. The hair would have to be re-sculpted. For Mr. Howell and the female castaways, I cant think of anything.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MegoMonk
                            I'm sure someone will come up with customs of the rest of the cast. I was looking through a box of spare parts. nothing jumped out at me for ideas. I did notice that an original mego Luke Duke head might make a decent Professor. The hair would have to be re-sculpted. For Mr. Howell and the female castaways, I cant think of anything.
                            If anybody shrunk the Hasbro 9 inch Mr. Fantastic, he's a perfect Professor.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jacoblb
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2009

I'd like to echo sentiment that I too would support this toy theme if the remaining castaways were made. I thought the Skipper and Giligan in both 8" and 12" looked great. Surely, it'd be a cinch to make the other figures provided if likeness rights aren't an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎