Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Memory reviews exclusive Batman figure!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toycade
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 8, 2014

Plastic Memory reviews exclusive Batman figure!

Remember Toyfare magazine? So much fun every month. Do you miss it like I do? Former editor Scott Beatty now runs Plastic Memory, a great action figure site that Toycade and FTC often use for reviews. Scott has posted a mini-review of our latest exclusive giving you a closer look at the superior paint apps on our Batman figure. Check it out! Then check back for soon for a new Toycade surprise! http://plasticmemorial.blogspot.com/?view=magazine
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^I'm sorry, but what exactly is superior about the paint apps on your figure? I mean what specifically was changed? I compared mine to the first release and saw no improvement whatsoever, and in fact, your version had more slop along the jawline and where the blue and black meet on the forehead.

Am I missing something?

Comment

• Toycade
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 8, 2014

Shadowing and shading around the mouth and jaw-line is more pronounced. Everything is just a bit more detailed. I think the picture Scott uses best shows the difference. Your mileage may vary. Thanks for purchasing one!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

That is a great site. Lots of re-Mego goodness covered on there. Need to keep it bookmarked.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
          ^I'm sorry, but what exactly is superior about the paint apps on your figure? I mean what specifically was changed? I compared mine to the first release and saw no improvement whatsoever, and in fact, your version had more slop along the jawline and where the blue and black meet on the forehead.

Am I missing something?
          and the pic from the review shows the underspray at the cowl/jaw area and some odd paint slop right below where the cowl meets the face at the nose line
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Why doesn't this figure...or any of the re-releases of Batman, use the longer belt?!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Are the lips painted with more subtlety? That was always a turn off for me, and to this day, I still haven't bought a figure from this line. Crazy, right?

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Toycade
                Shadowing and shading around the mouth and jaw-line is more pronounced. Everything is just a bit more detailed. I think the picture Scott uses best shows the difference. Your mileage may vary. Thanks for purchasing one!
                I actually purchased three...LOL

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Dwayne I'll take the hit for mentioning this distinction. When I received mine, I noted publicly that I felt he had better paint apps. I didn't know if that was an anomaly in production, but it definitely was better than my first edition Batman figure so I actually swapped them on my display. I think the skin tone in the mold is much warmer too so it registered measurably better. How that plays in mass volume, I don't know.

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

I still love what FTC has done.
                    Two yrs ago we never dreamed we would have such a diverse bunch of figures Based on a tv series thats is 50yrs old next year.
                    I dont have all of them ad wished i did but i do have this Batman and Robin.
                    I am still a Fan.
                    I just got the this cardback signed by the man himself. I sent it and a series 1 cardback to Adam West and he autograghed them
                    And sent them back.
                    A great guy.
                    And a great line.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡