X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

ZICA Toys Bringing Back Adventure People and REMCO Brand Names

ZICA Toys is very excited to announce the official return of Adventure People! Launching via Kickstarter in January of 2016, the first assortment will consist of Captain Action, Captain Evil, Action Jackson, and Jet Jungle. Each figure will come with a total of 5 interchangeable hand sets which include closed fist, grip, and trigger finger. The grip and trigger finger sets come in two different wrist articulation types, one set has it on the X axis and one has it on the Y axis.

We're also excited to be bringing back the REMCO brand name with the launch of the Adventure People line. When the Kickstarter goes live we hope we can can count on your support to help add this double dose of retro goodness to your collection.

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Very cool!! Great news.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Since Mattel owns Fisher Price, I'm surprised they abandoned the AP trade mark and doesn't Jakks Pacific still own Remco?

[edit]

According to this, Jakks still owns Remco.

"JAKKS Pacific, Inc. and its affiliates develop, manufacture, and market toys and related products for children. The Company's products include action figures, die-cast collectible and toy vehicles, preschool toys, and a line of fashion dolls and accessories. JAKKS markets its products under brand names such as Road Champs, Remco, and Child Guidance."
      Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 18, '15, 12:34 AM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Since Mattel owns Fisher Price, I'm surprised they abandoned the AP trade mark and doesn't Jakks Pacific still own Remco?

[edit]

According to this, Jakks still owns Remco.

"JAKKS Pacific, Inc. and its affiliates develop, manufacture, and market toys and related products for children. The Company's products include action figures, die-cast collectible and toy vehicles, preschool toys, and a line of fashion dolls and accessories. JAKKS markets its products under brand names such as Road Champs, Remco, and Child Guidance."
        When I did a trademark search both marks had a listed status of "Dead", and Jakks was the last owner of the REMCO mark. I hired a copyright/trademark attorney to put both marks through the full trademark registration process, during which time my right to use them could have been disputed if there was an issue with one or the other. Nothing came back so my company now legally owns both marks.
        Last edited by ZICA; Dec 18, '15, 2:00 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Will your Adventure People have a permanently turned inward left arm?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
            Will your Adventure People have a permanently turned inward left arm?
            No, but the ability to turn the left arm inward on the figures is an option.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Congrats!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

that is awesome. Congrats and can't wait to see the final product

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

It's the Ant-Man version of Captain Action! It's his wildest adventure yet or at least shortest.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Great! Can't wait for the Kickstarter to go live.

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

Would like to know what Remco lines are planned. To me the best was Universal Monsters and Funko has those already.

CCC.

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

great to see new products coming from zica!

Comment

• AlanJG1
                          • Jul 22, 2013

While this is not a scale I usually collect, I am really looking forward to the Kickstarter.
                          They really turned out great. I would even love to get 2 AJs to display with and without a beard.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Very cool. I LOVE that you grabbed the Remco name. Brilliant idea. I WILL be supporting this line. Job well done Craig!

Comment

• JFAWWE
                              • Feb 4, 2008

Hi Craig,

Can't wait to hear more about your plans for this line. Not sure where you're taking the line exactly yet but would any of these be in the realm of possibility?
                              - Slade the Super Agent (I believe you mentioned this was considered)
                              - Automan (from the TV Series)
                              - Denys Fisher Cyborg Characters (these would cool visually)
                              - Monster Squad (TV Series) - this would give us some Remco Monster type figures plus they had a lot of fun villains (really need some more bad guys)
                              - Davey Crockett - how about a modern version of this character?

If you are going to include any super heroes I would love to see the following -
                              - Greatest American Hero
                              - Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
                              - Public Domain Super Heroes - any and all of them

Also would love to see you do Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica and all the Sid & Marty Krofft shows in this line.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎