X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Not happy about shipping

No this isn't a thread about their costs but about the fact that they have always shipped my bigger orders using Priority and stuff comes in 3-4 days, now they decided to go FedEx Smartpost and my order that shipped Monday isn't even scheduled unit next Thursday - 10 days at best.

Not happy!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, I just paid 10 bucks for some custom stuff and they send it first class that cost them around 3 bucks. I guess the box cost 7?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego Magyar
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      yeah, I just paid 10 bucks for some custom stuff and they send it first class that cost them around 3 bucks. I guess the box cost 7?
      Yea, I found that out myself once, if it's a small order that can go 1st class they send it that way even though they charge MUCH more. It only pays to place an order that will be over 13 ounces then they will ship Priority ( usually ). Now I find that an order of 3 figures goes FedEx Smartpost that will take a lot longer to arrive.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by magyar1964
        Yea, I found that out myself once, if it's a small order that can go 1st class they send it that way even though they charge MUCH more. It only pays to place an order that will be over 13 ounces then they will ship Priority ( usually ). Now I find that an order of 3 figures goes FedEx Smartpost that will take a lot longer to arrive.
        8inchsuperstore calculates by weight in the store, so it must be do-able at FTC. They'd get more orders from me if I didn't get to the final page and see the price jump by 10-15 dollars with shipping and tax.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Really, FTC should do as the GI Joe Collector's Club does, and let the customer choose carrier and packing options. Personally, I'd take priority mail any day over FedEx.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

If FTC/CTVT starts shipping everything FedEx Smartpost here forward they had lost their competitive edge with me as I preferred to buy from them due to their USPS Priority (Fast) Shipping.

I had always had the option to buy from Entertainment Earth with FREE SHIPPING but I ended up choosing FTC/CTVT paying Priority Mail just to get the stuff within 3 days versus 20 days it takes with FedEx Smartpost. Now if I have to pay for FTC/CTVT FedEx Smartpost I'll rather chose Entertainment Earth's FedEx Smartpost which is FREE of cost. The bummer is the long lead time...

But wait... There's also Toycade!

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

They are aware of the shipping,but I doubt they care....It took TWO WEEKS to get my superfriends (they finally arrived today)...STOP USING FEDEX SMART(SLOW) POST FTC!!!

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

This is ridicules! This is the FedEx info as of today - 4 days and it hasn't even left Florida, 3 days just to move around Orlando! Last time I order any figures direct from FTC/CTVT if FedEx Smartpost their shipping policy now.

Date/Time
                Activity Location
                12/18/2015 - Friday
                1:42 pm Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST ORLANDO, FL

12/15/2015 - Tuesday
                4:31 am Departed FedEx location ORLANDO, FL

1:25 am Arrived at FedEx location ORLANDO, FL

12/14/2015 - Monday
                10:12 pm Left FedEx origin facility TAMPA, FL

5:48 pm Arrived at FedEx location TAMPA, FL

4:37 pm Picked up TAMPA, FL

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

same service EE uses, and its frustrating to even watch the tracking, but at least they only charge 4 bucks for shipping instead of FTC's bloated shipping charges.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by magyar1964
                    Last time I order any figures direct from FTC/CTVT if FedEx Smartpost their shipping policy now.
                    Same here!

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

I will only order stuff that will fit into a Priority Flat Rate box.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jan 17, 2011

Tracking now says that instead of arriving on the 24th it's now been pushed back to the 28th!

Comment

• daz71
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          same service EE uses, and its frustrating to even watch the tracking, but at least they only charge 4 bucks for shipping instead of FTC's bloated shipping charges.
                          you're not kidding be thankfull you don't live in the u.k. $75 for a few accessories.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎