Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amby87
    • Nov 21, 2009

Converting Superfriends Robin to Type S

I'm in the process of switching my Superfriends Robin onto a Type S body. The only problem I'm having is finding the right type of glue to use when inserting the plug that attaches to the gloves into the Type S wrist socket. I tried Krazy Glue and it never really seemed to harden and the plug came back out with ease when I pulled on it. Has anyone here successfully tackled this problem? If so, what kind of glue did you use and did you use just a little bit of did you fill the wrist socket with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. I haven't tried this, but what about 2-part epoxy?

If the plug is too small for the type S socket, you could put a bit of heat-shrink tubing over the plug & omit the glue.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TomStrong
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2011

I've done it by wrapping a small piece of duct tape around the peg then working it in. I think others have had good luck with shrink wrap applied with a hair dryer.

Comment

• amby87
        • Nov 21, 2009

Thank you for the advice. I do have some heat shrink tubing that I may try.

Comment

• amby87
          • Nov 21, 2009

Thanks for responding. I like your idea of using duct tape. I'll have to give that a try as well.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Just use 'Super Glue'..use enough to make sure it stays....never had a problem.You want it to stay permanent,so just add more glue onto the peg

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

If I'm not mistaken lasermego makes an adapter for just this conversion. You just pop it in the wrist and you are good to go. Check with him.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I have used heat shrink tubing with success.

Originally posted by ScottA
                If I'm not mistaken lasermego makes an adapter for just this conversion. You just pop it in the wrist and you are good to go. Check with him.
                I know about these, but I haven't seen then on the site. I'd love to buy some of these.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

honestly,you don't need adaptor's...some make it harder than it really is

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ScottA
                    The boots are easy to make work, just use a Castaway hand peg in the leg. Its narrower and slips into the FTC adapter perfectly.
                    Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 14, '15, 5:55 PM.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎