Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Yellow Sleeve Robin Coming this January!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Super Collector
    Mego Museum Superhero
    • Jul 3, 2011

Exclusive Yellow Sleeve Robin Coming this January!

Hot off the heels of their exclusive Riddler figure, Emerald City Comics and Figures Toy Company are teaming up again for a Bat-tastic exclusive figure of the Boy Wonder! Not just ANY Boy Wonder, but the rarest of ALL Megos!!! Only at Emerald City Comics will you be able to get the yellow-sleeves, yellow-trunks, cloth belt, removable mask Kresge carded Robin!

This latest retro figure of Batman’s sidekick shows off a vintage Robin design. The figure will be limited to 700 pieces, and each package will be numbered. This will be the only way to add the rare Boy Wonder in this attire to your collection! No other Robin figures will be released this way!

Visit http://shop.emeraldcitycomics.com now to place your preorder for January delivery!

If you’re still looking for the perfect holiday gift for figure collectors this Christmas, visit www.figurestoycompany.com and shop their huge assortment of classic characters! For more breaking news, release dates, and more be sure to follow along every Friday on social media using the hashtag #MMFTCNEWS!

More news like this every week in our newsletter Subscribe today!

Hot off the heels of their exclusive Riddler figure, Emerald City Comics and Figures Toy Company are teaming up again for a Bat-tastic exclusive figure of the Boy Wonder! Not just ANY Boy Wonder, but the rarest of ALL Megos!!! Only at Emerald City Comics will you be able to get the yellow-sleeves, yellow-trunks, cloth…Read more →
    The Mego Museum Superhero from the year 2011
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Never had a Kresge around here in the old days; were these Robins really outright yellow to begin with, fresh off the card, or was it a fading problem over the intervening years?

Comment

• luclin999
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 27, 2011

Fading.

They all started off with green sleeves and shorts but the material used in those early costumes faded over time based on the amount of exposure to heat and humidity.

Its a bit annoying that the promotion of these repro figures is just perpetuating the myth that they originally came with yellow sleeves and shorts.
      Last edited by luclin999; Dec 22, '15, 6:31 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Reminds me of "Green Limbed Chewbacca" variants in the Star Wars line.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

This type of variant is a big pass for me. This reminds me of the Toy Biz repaints of the 90's where figures would get
          repainted and released over and over. I would rather have Robin with green pants, or leggings, similar to modern Robin

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I'll get behind this!

Time for a more modern Batman and Robin figure! We have all been waiting for the Neal Adams versions for a while.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Emerald City
              • Oct 3, 2014

Hi folks, it's Chad at Emerald City Comics!

Our exclusive Robin figure has arrived, and will begin shipping tomorrow!

Kresge Retro 8 Inch Emerald City Comics Exclusive First-Release Robin with Costume Variant — removable mask, cloth belt, yellow sleeves.

Stellar service, and the best selection of comic books, graphic novels, games, and toys! Your best memories are here at EC!

Though it seems that Mego never released a yellow-sleeved color variant, the yellow sleeves are only found on the original removable mask / cloth belt first-release Robins (they must have adjusted the green dye). Because of this, the Kresge-packaged Robin with the removable mask, cloth belt, and yellow sleeves remains the rarest Mego figure. We worked closely with Figures Toy Company to design the figure and packaging to be as close to the original as possible — and we're thrilled with the results!

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

Oh that's great thank you.i bought two .i hope to see another exclusive from you.good job.

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

WooHoo, great news Chad!
                  Can't wait to get my 3 (plus the 2nd Riddler Ex I ordered with them)!
                  Now, we need someone to offer an RC Batman Kresge to go with the Robin (hint!).

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

D'oh!
                    Of course, now that I think about it, an RC Batman Kresge would be a pretty simple bash !

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Cool! Looking forward to it! Thanks.

Comment

• Jerry
                        • Dec 29, 2015

Mine shipped today. I can't wait to get it and I agree with Warlock please make a Kresge carded removable Cowl Batman your next exclusive. But i think to make it different make the suit have that pink/grey look and skinny boots.

Comment

• dawg99
                          • Oct 15, 2008

Just ordered mine today can't wait for it to arrive
                          some feedback from other places:
                          dawg99 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

Comment

• hobub
                            Ghost of a Dead Indian
                            • Jun 18, 2001

I'm telling you I have a friend who is a toy dealer from Pittsburgh. Anyone who goes to the Steel City Con looking for Megos has seen him there. He was in the second grade when they came out and he swears that his first one was issued that way because he specifically remembered noting that they had gotten it wrong. This is no lie.

Allot of us have long term detailed memories like that here. That's what got us into collecting these in the first place.
                            I still remember ripping superman out of a solid box in the car on the way home and wishing I had asked for the Batman my brother got to rip open. That was 1972 and I was 5.

Len

Originally posted by luclin999
                            Fading.

They all started off with green sleeves and shorts but the material used in those early costumes faded over time based on the amount of exposure to heat and humidity.

Its a bit annoying that the promotion of these repro figures is just perpetuating the myth that they originally came with yellow sleeves and shorts.
                            Last edited by hobub; Jan 22, '16, 5:27 PM.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

This was 1 of the first custom figures I made - So I welcome the exclusive to it. My mother was a seamstress and she took ironmans sleeves and put it on robins shirt for me, and made his trunks out of iromans suit leg.

I like it
                              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎