X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Joker head issue

Hey, I just purchased a FTC Joker repro and his head has a "chunk" missing out of the neck. It's sort of strange and causes the head to bobble back and forth. It's a big enough chunk that he literally looks down when on display. Did anyone else have this issue? I only ask because I also purchased a Riddler and he seems to have the same issue, but his chunk missing is much smaller, thus doesn't cause any display issues. Just curious if I should be contacting FTC about this or not, because it's pretty unsightly.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Take a pic and and attached it in an email to FTC. They are real good and finding ways to fix your problem.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Meh, they offered to replace the head if I sent them the head. Which means I have to pay to send it to them. Bit lame.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

So, it's gonna cost you around $3 to ship it to them, then it's gonna cost FTC around $3 to ship it to you. Sound fair to me.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
            So, it's gonna cost you around $3 to ship it to them, then it's gonna cost FTC around $3 to ship it to you. Sound fair to me.
            So I have to pay $3 more for a figure than I was supposed to pay for it? How exactly is that, "fair"?

I just spent $300 at FTC, I was expecting a bit better of a response and I don't think it's really too much to ask for.

The error is their fault, so they should be the ones to pay the $3 (or whatever it would cost to ship) the replacement head.

By comparison, when I had an issue with a BBP figure, they literally sent me an entire replacement figure for free. Not that I expected FTC to do that, but I was a tad disappointed in their response none the less. Yes, they'll fix it, but only at my expense.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

As someone who has dealt with CTVT / FTC on a number of different issues,
              This is pretty much the norm of how they handle returns. You have to decide
              for yourself if it is worth the cost of $0 to make the figure right.
              (Yes you are paying $3, but they are also paying $3. so you are BOTH out of something)
              It isn't their fault that USPS/ UPS/ FedEx are greedy *******s and like to get paid to be the middle man in this.
              :-)

To me making the figure "minty" would be worth the cost. Otherwise if you don't feel that way, then don't send it back.
              I've weighed that for things such as a pair of Black Knight shoes, a pair of yellow shorts, a black male suit,
              a green tunic, and a muscle body to just name a few. In most cases I either fixed their screw up myself ( much cheaper)
              or sent it back for a full refund ( minus my shipping costs). again, YMMV.
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                So I have to pay $3 more for a figure than I was supposed to pay for it? How exactly is that, "fair"?

I just spent $300 at FTC, I was expecting a bit better of a response and I don't think it's really too much to ask for.

The error is their fault, so they should be the ones to pay the $3 (or whatever it would cost to ship) the replacement head.

By comparison, when I had an issue with a BBP figure, they literally sent me an entire replacement figure for free. Not that I expected FTC to do that, but I was a tad disappointed in their response none the less. Yes, they'll fix it, but only at my expense.
                I respectfully disagree. I have spent hundreds of dollars with FTC as well. Words like "supposed", "expected", and "fault" do not work for me. 'Fair trade' does.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

I do understand what you're saying, and it's a fair point in some respects, but I disagree that I'm paying $0 to get this fixed. I'm paying whatever it costs to ship it. Yes, we're both paying, but I already paid once, to get these items shipped to me. They shipped me a faulty item. Shipment of a replacement item should be on them. It's not a tit for tat, I paid for items that should be in good condition.

If they accidentally shipped me a rock instead of an action figure, would I have to ship the rock back to them to get my proper item?

I was already overlooking some other minor issues (a gash in the Riddler's face, stuff sewn improperly, etc) because I don't want to nit-pick, and I'm pleased more than not with most the items. I'm sure they get lots of crazies complaining about everything under the sun, but that's not the case here. I already knew going in that FTC figures have certain shortcomings and I was willing to accept that. But if I get a downright defective item, I would think that they would be more accommodating.

To me it's just a principle thing (moreso than the couple bucks to ship it), and unfortunately, it's kind of a big deal in the sense that I had intended to purchase much more from FTC in the near future. It makes me less likely to purchase other stuff in the future, if every time they send me something that's broken, I'm on the hook for a few bucks to replace the items. Because unfortunately, I know it's very possible that this could happen again in the future.

Just seems to me that you'd work a touch harder to improve the customer service aspect of something like this.

And I'm not an FTC basher, I've been very favorable to them for years and as I said, this itself was off the back of a pretty sizable order. So I guess my expectations were just a little higher. But it's minor things like this that will lose them business in the long run, because if they won't cover the cost of a small shipping price to fix their problem, then I know they won't cover potentially other larger issues down the line.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                    I respectfully disagree. I have spent hundreds of dollars with FTC as well. Words like "supposed", "expected", and "fault" do not work for me. 'Fair trade' does.
                    Fair trade?

A fair trade is, I will sell you this item for this price. And then I pay that price. And then you send me that item.

But if I pay the agreed upon price, and then you send me a broken item, that's not a fair trade.

And we're not "trading". I am a customer, who purchased one of their items. It's ENTIRELY their item. They produce it, they package it, they sell it. This isn't even a case of them being a third party.

Someone at their factory, let a figure with a major defect through the assembly line. It was then packaged, and put into their warehouse. Then they shipped it to me. The entire process is on them.

I paid full price, the price THEY set, on this item. I had no issue with that.

The item arrived broken.

I didn't pay for a broken item. I paid the price for an item that should be in new condition. I can understand a paint smudge, or a minor scratch, but a huge chunk missing out of the neck that causes the head to dangle around on the body? That's their fault. That's not a "fair trade".

In essence, they didn't send me what I paid for. So the burden of getting it fixed, really shouldn't fall on me.

Comment

• daz71
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2014

you are paying twice for their mistake.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        Fair trade?

A fair trade is, I will sell you this item for this price. And then I pay that price. And then you send me that item.

But if I pay the agreed upon price, and then you send me a broken item, that's not a fair trade.

And we're not "trading". I am a customer, who purchased one of their items. It's ENTIRELY their item. They produce it, they package it, they sell it. This isn't even a case of them being a third party.

Someone at their factory, let a figure with a major defect through the assembly line. It was then packaged, and put into their warehouse. Then they shipped it to me. The entire process is on them.

I paid full price, the price THEY set, on this item. I had no issue with that.

The item arrived broken.

I didn't pay for a broken item. I paid the price for an item that should be in new condition. I can understand a paint smudge, or a minor scratch, but a huge chunk missing out of the neck that causes the head to dangle around on the body? That's their fault. That's not a "fair trade".

In essence, they didn't send me what I paid for. So the burden of getting it fixed, really shouldn't fall on me.
                        I think your viewpoint is absolutely correct. It is a shame that it is even necessary, but if you feel this strongly, I would dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

They should be just sending you a new head, and no returns on your part.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

seems like pics emailed to them along with the knowledge that you did buy it from them would be enough. I agree that it shouldn't be on you to pay for return shipping.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                              I think your viewpoint is absolutely correct. It is a shame that it is even necessary, but if you feel this strongly, I would dispute the charge with your credit card company.
                              Going nuclear in this instance is not the way to solve it. You dispute it with a Credit Card Company, the Business doesn't get paid, they deal with the chargeback loss.
                              They then black list him from making purchases to his address / cc, and then every one loses.

I'd call and ask to speak to Anthony, the owner. Explain your position, as you say it was a large order, and see if you can't come to an understanding.
                              An understanding will be more doable than an agreement, as an agreement entails you are solid in your position, which will
                              only make them more solid in theirs. Guess who will ultimately win? an agreement is more flexible where you each get what you want.

Outside of that, send back the figure resealed, re-twisted tied and ask for a full refund. You don't have the figure in your collection, but
                              hey no more dangling figure! win-win!

And in the future you learn what we have all learned with FTC: Caveat Emptor.
                              Quality control in China sucks...the figures are packaged and shipped to the US.
                              From all the FTC pictures submitted by those who have visited the company this seems to be true.
                              So they don't check for a defect like what you have because that would require opening up every figure they receive from
                              China and inspecting them, a second time. No way is THAT happening.......

thus...Caveat Emptor.
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎