X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

8 Inch Super Store Body issues

I hope I have posted this in the correct place. If not, please feel free to move it.

So I just received my first Type S body from 8 Inch Super Store. I have to say, after all the great stuff I have heard about them, I'm left a bit underwhelmed.

While overall I think that this is a great body and very well built, I was not expecting that the arms and legs would be PAINTED! Really? The feet, body and hands are molded in flesh colored plastic but the arms and legs are painted? I also ordered a set of extra arms and legs, for added customization, and they are far more pink than the body itself so they can't really be used for a sleeveless figure like I had planned. The arms and legs that came attached to the body were actually molded in the same color plastic as the extra arms and legs and then painted to match the body. You can see where the "pinker" plastic is showing through on the knees, elbows and where the paint scratched off on the hip. Love the craftsmanship but the colors are WAY off.

I was going to order a black body as well but now I'm thinking I may hold off.

P1030846.jpg

P1030847.jpg

P1030848.jpg

P1030849.jpg
    Last edited by lilbrosj66; Nov 23, '15, 11:12 AM.
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Sorry you're not happy with the product and if you would like to return everything for a full refund I'll be happy to do it. Both issues are the result of factory errors, which unfortunately I have no control over.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

I use these Bodies Primarily and have yet to encounter that issue.. and I am sure Craig will even swap it out for you if you want. as far as the Brown Bodies take a look here. I have yet to be disappointed

Got my shipment of Brown bodies a few days ago... just like the regular type s bodies they do not disappoint...

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 14, 2012

To be fair, it does say on the page you order them from that the upgrade kit arms and legs are a different shade of flesh tone than the bodies.

As far as the standard limbs on the bodies being painted, the latest couple of bodies I got from them were that way, but I didn't even notice it until I read this post. So it's a pretty decent paint job, even if it would be better if it was all molded the same color, I guess. I think they're still the best bodies around, even with this issue.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Bummer to hear that the latest set of bodies is painted. Good thing I got some from a previous batch! Hope that will be corrected in the future, but I still find the Type-S body to be pretty amazing.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by ZICA
            Sorry you're not happy with the product and if you would like to return everything for a full refund I'll be happy to do it. Both issues are the result of factory errors, which unfortunately I have no control over.
            Not completely unhappy, just not really what I was expecting so it caught me off guard. I can use it for another figure. Any idea on when the issues will be cleared up? All in all, I really do think these are some of the best bodies out there. Thanks for responding. Are the brown colored bodies painted or molded?

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
              Not completely unhappy, just not really what I was expecting so it caught me off guard. I can use it for another figure. Any idea on when the issues will be cleared up? All in all, I really do think these are some of the best bodies out there. Thanks for responding. Are the brown colored bodies painted or molded?
              The issues will hopefully be cleared up with the next order of bodies but I'm not sure when that will be. The brown bodies are molded in color, they're not painted.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

The issues will hopefully be cleared up with the next order of bodies but I'm not sure when that will be. The brown bodies are molded in color, they're not painted.
                Thanks. That's good to know. I will definitely be in the market for some brown bodies.

Comment

• daz71
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2014

you could use the body for a character where the torso is covered.i used the upgrade on a hawkeye and you can't tell they are different coloursP1000833.jpg

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                    Museum Patron
                    • May 26, 2015

Are upgrade kits cast in one color, or painted? I was about to place an order but after reading this I want to make certain of the plastic color used.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Carmelkettle
                      Are upgrade kits cast in one color, or painted? I was about to place an order but after reading this I want to make certain of the plastic color used.
                      They're cast in color but unfortunately they don't match the color of the torso and pelvis pieces very well. The kits have a slight pinkish cast to them.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 26, 2015

Thanks for the fast reply, the exact tone is no problem as long as they're not painted. Painted fleshtone is something to me that never looks right (and chips). Yvonne is listed as sold out on the site - can I purchase from ebay and combine shipping with the upgrade kits?

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Carmelkettle
                          Thanks for the fast reply, the exact tone is no problem as long as they're not painted. Painted fleshtone is something to me that never looks right (and chips). Yvonne is listed as sold out on the site - can I purchase from ebay and combine shipping with the upgrade kits?
                          I've just increased the stock level for Yvonne on the website so you can order everything through there now.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
                            Museum Patron
                            • May 26, 2015

I've just increased the stock level for Yvonne on the website so you can order everything through there now.
                            Order received in super-fast shipping time, thanks! The fleshtone on the upgrade kits are 'turn down the water the shower's too hot' red. No problem if the legs are arms are covered, though.
                            Last edited by Carmelkettle; Jan 27, '16, 8:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎