Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally some Venture Bros toys. The good and bad news.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Finally some Venture Bros toys. The good and bad news.

The good: PVC figures of Dr. Girlfriend and The Monarch

The Bad, okay VERY bad: They are going to be sold "blind boxed" with assorted Adult Swim figures of chararcters no one is going to want. I dread to think of all the Squid Billies and Assey McGee figures people are going to get stuck with trying to get the two VB figures.

Adult Swim Figures Preview: The Venture Brothers :: Action-Figure :: Toy, Collectibles and Action Figure News and Reviews from across the Globe

You know, I'm still honestly a bit surprised no one has yet to make an actual Venture Bros action figure line. It seems like a no brainer to me.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Why McFarlane or someone hasn't done the Ventures is nuts. As you say Werewolf, this show screams for action figures. I'd rather someone make them very toy-like, but I'd take McFarlane statue-type figures too.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah I want them too. Aside from Byron Orpheus,I'd love to see a David Bowie figure.

Comment

• misterdroid
        Banned
        • Jan 10, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
        The Bad, okay VERY bad: They are going to be sold "blind boxed" with assorted Adult Swim figures of chararcters no one is going to want. I dread to think of all the Squid Billies and Assey McGee figures people are going to get stuck with trying to get the two VB figures.
        I have to agree. I probably will avoid these as even accidentally purchasing a blind boxed squidbillies or assy mcgee figure would in my mind constitute an endorsement of those wretched, wretched shows.

Comment

• Steeler80
          Mayor of Strunk
          • Jun 29, 2001

A series of VB figures in the style of the Blue Falcon/Dinomutt or Thundarr figures that were out a couple of years ago would seem like a no-brainer for toy companies.

Maybe that's why they haven't done it yet...

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
            Formerly known as Del
            • Dec 12, 2004

I won't be buying them. I don't generally bother with pvcs, statues or busts, unless its something really awesome - I like my toys poseable. The sculpts on these are ok, but not that impressive, and the probability of getting other characters is too much of a turnoff.
            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I just took a good look at those sculpts. They aren't very good, and seem quite off-model.

Pass, most definitely.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I agree that the sculpts are marginal. Mix that with the blind boxing, terrible assortment of characters and the $7.99 price tag means, as much as I want VB figures, I'm going to have to pass on these.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 9, '08, 2:58 PM.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎