X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binkystarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 16, 2015

NOT enough KISS talk

OK, this new Gene Simmons figure spits blood and has a whole new crazy face sculpt that resembles Linda Blair demon possessed! It spits blood and looks mad as hell. It's a great new figure and it rocks, the Farrow ROCKS! There is NO doubt the man is amazing but what in the world is going on with Dynasty? Someone on here mentioned the release date had been pushed back? This is very confusing now. The comments on FTC's Facebook regarding KISS Dynasty are harsh!!!! But this is more of a backlash since WE have waited since Spring 2014 for new KISS figures and nothing has happened since Alive? We cant count Dressed to Kill since it the same heads with suits. I knew promising 18in Love Gun, 8 and 12 sets for Dynasty and Destroyer all at once was WAAYYY too much for the market at once. I also noticed the Biff Bang Pow 3 3/4 figures were pushed from August 2015 to November 2015 and now January 2016. Its crazy, but im sure the waiting will pay off, im patient and have been anxiously awaiting Dynasty since 2014. There can NEVER be enough KISS FTC figures, just DONT give me Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer in makeup. Give us the REAL KISS, Ace,Peter,Gene,Paul and Eric CARR as the Fox! Its time for an Eric Carr Fox, he was an astonishing drummer, beautiful man and great spirit!!!! Maybe we need to start an Eric Carr Fox petition???gene on toilet.jpgeric-carr-1982.jpgeric carr kid.jpg
  • aceclone
    • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by binkystarr
    OK, this new Gene Simmons figure spits blood and has a whole new crazy face sculpt that resembles Linda Blair demon possessed! It spits blood and looks mad as hell. It's a great new figure and it rocks, the Farrow ROCKS! There is NO doubt the man is amazing but what in the world is going on with Dynasty? Someone on here mentioned the release date had been pushed back? This is very confusing now. The comments on FTC's Facebook regarding KISS Dynasty are harsh!!!! But this is more of a backlash since WE have waited since Spring 2014 for new KISS figures and nothing has happened since Alive? We cant count Dressed to Kill since it the same heads with suits. I knew promising 18in Love Gun, 8 and 12 sets for Dynasty and Destroyer all at once was WAAYYY too much for the market at once. I also noticed the Biff Bang Pow 3 3/4 figures were pushed from August 2015 to November 2015 and now January 2016. Its crazy, but im sure the waiting will pay off, im patient and have been anxiously awaiting Dynasty since 2014. There can NEVER be enough KISS FTC figures, just DONT give me Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer in makeup. Give us the REAL KISS, Ace,Peter,Gene,Paul and Eric CARR as the Fox! Its time for an Eric Carr Fox, he was an astonishing drummer, beautiful man and great spirit!!!! Maybe we need to start an Eric Carr Fox petition???[ATTACH=CONFIG]16983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16984[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16985[/ATTACH]
    As much as you may not like the current lineup, there are THOUSANDS of new KISS fans (especially children) and the current lineup is all they know. Nothing wrong with you being a fan of the original 6 makeup designs, but to think the "KISS" brand is not going to release merchandising depicting it's current lineup, is NOT realistic.

I think the "Sonic Boom" and "Monster" figures suffered because FTC was in the flux of whether or not to keep the KISS line more simplistic like Series 1 (aka the original KISS Megos) or start making the costumes and boots etc more realistic. The Tommy and Paul dolls got really unflattering paint jobs while Gene (SB, not Monster) and Eric (both series) looked really good. While Series 5 and 6 were a big upgrade for Paul's hair, all previous lines had hair "issues," especially Gene and Ace.

So I guess we'll see where they go "detail" wise and with the hair issues, but I think having Danny doing (and continuing to do) the sculpts is definitely a step in the right direction.

Comment

• binkystarr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 16, 2015

Im sorry to burst your bubble but I work in retail management and we have had to send back tons of KISS product due to low sales and this is Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer related items! The Monster album at our stores bombed as predicted. This is the KISS Army speaking and those sales REFLECT their opinion along with MINE. Im happy you like Tommy and Singer however, there are TONS f us that don't care for them at all. I wont go into an argument about why no one really likes them except the new fans. Sales for Sonic Boom and Monster figures were worsened by the poor head sculpts that came out in the wrong size for the 8 in figures and very bad paint applications. There were also several fans that were not the least bit interested in Tommy and Singer being included in this toyline hence, more low sales. In my store we sell tons of KISS merchandise online and in our store but the classic 1973-2000 lineup OUTSELLS the new KISS lineup like crazy! People snatch up anything Ace,Peter,Gene,Paul,Eric Carr,Bruce related in a heartbeat. IF they would have gotten the Farrow to do the new lineup, we "might" have gotten better results?!!!! I cannot control what people buy both in my store and online but judging by what they buy, they speak volumes!!! By the way, the new KISS vinyl reissues sold like crazy except for Sonic Boom, Monster and Lick It Up.

Comment

• aceclone
        • Sep 3, 2013

Im sorry to burst your bubble but I work in retail management and we have had to send back tons of KISS product due to low sales and this is Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer related items! The Monster album at our stores bombed as predicted. This is the KISS Army speaking and those sales REFLECT their opinion along with MINE. Im happy you like Tommy and Singer however, there are TONS f us that don't care for them at all. I wont go into an argument about why no one really likes them except the new fans. Sales for Sonic Boom and Monster figures were worsened by the poor head sculpts that came out in the wrong size for the 8 in figures and very bad paint applications. There were also several fans that were not the least bit interested in Tommy and Singer being included in this toyline hence, more low sales. In my store we sell tons of KISS merchandise online and in our store but the classic 1973-2000 lineup OUTSELLS the new KISS lineup like crazy! People snatch up anything Ace,Peter,Gene,Paul,Eric Carr,Bruce related in a heartbeat. IF they would have gotten the Farrow to do the new lineup, we "might" have gotten better results?!!!! I cannot control what people buy both in my store and online but judging by what they buy, they speak volumes!!! By the way, the new KISS vinyl reissues sold like crazy except for Sonic Boom, Monster and Lick It Up.
        That doesn't change the fact that for NEW fans (I wasn't including myself in that demographic) that the current lineup is what they know. Again, the sculpts were fine, it was how they were executed. Many people thought Farrow's "Dressed To Kill" figures/sculpts were brutally mangled between the actual sculpt stage and what was released from the factory.

I don't even know why you're comparing album sales to action figures? If you wanna compare apples to giraffes, one could argue that on the last KISS tour, they actual did better numbers than on the reunion tour. But again, that has nothing to do with the topic, action figures.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by aceclone
          Many people thought Farrow's "Dressed To Kill" figures/sculpts were brutally mangled between the actual sculpt stage and what was released from the factory.
          That's what I thought at first, but now I believe that's just the way he sculpts.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• binkystarr
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 16, 2015

I am bringing up BOTH sales from KISS memorabilia and current and older stuff because we sell the figures as well. And judging from sales, the current lineup does NOWHERE near the money that classic KISS does. So, this is comparing girraffes to apples but pointing out the OBVIOUS. Sorry, if that's too hard to understand friend. Also, the customers and fans that I have spoken to who buy the items do NOT like having a fake Ace and Peter. That's just a giant fact and that's coming from hardcore fans that go back over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• aceclone
              • Sep 3, 2013

I am bringing up BOTH sales from KISS memorabilia and current and older stuff because we sell the figures as well. And judging from sales, the current lineup does NOWHERE near the money that classic KISS does. So, this is comparing girraffes to apples but pointing out the OBVIOUS. Sorry, if that's too hard to understand friend. Also, the customers and fans that I have spoken to who buy the items do NOT like having a fake Ace and Peter. That's just a giant fact and that's coming from hardcore fans that go back over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!
              You don't need to be a dick, I "understand" plenty. Apparently reading comprehension is not your friend. What I am saying...now read SLOWLY....that there ARE a generation of NEW fans, who, when they were introduced to KISS, it was not the original lineup and in some cases, was the current lineup. The current lineup is WHAT the "KISS" brand is marketing, so in addition to "vintage" original lineup merchandise, they WILL create and PUSH "new" current lineup merchandise, and people WILL buy it. Do YOU understand that??

Whatever your "original lineup" cronies or customers are saying to you does not change the point that I am making here.
              Last edited by aceclone; Nov 13, '15, 6:13 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                That's what I thought at first, but now I believe that's just the way he sculpts.
                after reading this I can't unsee the crooked eyes and mouth of that new Riddler sculpt.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

Aceclone. You should probably take a break from this thread. Your post is out of line.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• aceclone
                    • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by boss
                    Aceclone. You should probably take a break from this thread. Your post is out of line.
                    But it's OK for him to insult my intelligence, saying "Sorry if that's too hard to understand?"

I think we should all be able to express opinions, no matter how differing, without insulting the others POV.

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Can either of you do it in 140 characters or fewer? These posts are loooooooong.

Comment

• aceclone
                        • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by megomania
                        Can either of you do it in 140 characters or fewer? These posts are loooooooong.
                        LOL, I'm done. Just can't have discussions with some people.

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Now I'm starting to question your intelligence.
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• binkystarr
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 16, 2015

Its pretty sad that people on here have to resort to name calling! I thought we were all grown ups, Mego museum is a fun website for toy collectors and very talented artists as well. I was merely speaking on my retail experience and dealing with our KISS merchandise from action figures to all sorts of memorabilia. Its interesting that some folks on here go on the attack and resort to calling people names and insults? I don't understand how anything I mentioned was in any way insulting since its all based on sales figures and customer response by KISS buyers. Oh, well.

Comment

• Fitski
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 19, 2013

I've never seen the appeal of KISS just some comically painted up guys singing some really terrible pop songs. One guy is a space cat right?? Oh well every era needs their boy bands I guess

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎