X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binkystarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 16, 2015

KISS heads changed?

What a wacky change! FTC and Classic Tv Toys changed the Sonic Boom heads and replaced them with the Farrow's amazing head sculpts! Its an amazing improvement but now I feel sorry for the guy who sculpted those dreadful Sonic Boom and Monster heads. Is anyone buying any of these 8 in figures? I wonder what the REAL story is? Hmmm?
    FTC_KISS_MixMatchCARDEDDemon.jpg

FTC_KISS_MixMatchCARDED_Group7.jpg
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Actually I think they were likely taking a cue from the people who were already customizing them by just buying the heads. I don't know, but feel confident they saw an uptick in head sales and realized what fans were doing. I don't feel bad about the Sonic Boom head sculpts. They're actually superb head sculpts. It's the factory paint jobs that derailed the final look on those.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

The main problem with the Sonic Boom heads is they are too large. The sculpts themselves are ok, but the likenesses aren't strong. The likenesses on The Farrows sculpts are good but the heads are crazy warped. Nothing lines up straight. I thought perhaps the transfer to vinyl caused that to happen, but I've seen enough of his sculpts to know that's probably not the case.

All things considered, I prefer the shrunken Mego originals from series 1 and 2 ... although I admit I put Farrow heads on my series 2 figures.

I'm hoping for all new ones with Dynasty and Destroyer.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• aceclone
        • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        The main problem with the Sonic Boom heads is they are too large. The sculpts themselves are ok, but the likenesses aren't strong. The likenesses on The Farrows sculpts are good but the heads are crazy warped. Nothing lines up straight. I thought perhaps the transfer to vinyl caused that to happen, but I've seen enough of his sculpts to know that's probably not the case.

All things considered, I prefer the shrunken Mego originals from series 1 and 2 ... although I admit I put Farrow heads on my series 2 figures.

I'm hoping for all new ones with Dynasty and Destroyer.
        Aside from Gene, the Dynasty prototypes looked like the same head sculpts which were used for Series 5 & 6. Although, considering their release has been apparently pushed back, perhaps they'll have Danny make new Ace, Paul and Peter sculpts (for Dynasty and Destroyer).

Comment

• binkystarr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 16, 2015

WHAT? WHAT? When were the DYNASTY figures pushed back and WHY? We demand answers

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by aceclone
            Aside from Gene, the Dynasty prototypes looked like the same head sculpts which were used for Series 5 & 6. Although, considering their release has been apparently pushed back, perhaps they'll have Danny make new Ace, Paul and Peter sculpts (for Dynasty and Destroyer).
            For whatever reason, I thought that Dynasty image was for the 18" figures. I'll have to look at that announcement again. I guess aside from straightening them out, I'm not sure what he would do different with the other 3 anyway.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• binkystarr
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 16, 2015

I just want to know where in the world is Dynasty? That's my main concern and I speak for ALL of us who have been waiting since 2014 Spring for new KISS figures. Where is Dynasty? Its now mid November. Someone mentioned that the date for release been pushed back? I hope all is well since the wait has been a VERY long one and over a year since DTK. Alive 1 was an amazing and well worth the addition since Sonic Boom and Monster were a well predicted MESS that almost ruined the line. I hope we get NO more Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer figures ever again, yucko!

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ My understanding is that FTC first had to renew the license after the Alive line finished out it's run. So I believe there was a period where they had to decide whether to do that or not and once they did, they made the announcement what lines would be next. This summer I spoke with Farrow and at that time, they were still in the final stages of development on the figures, plus all of the approvals needed from KISS on the head sculpts and such. So I know it's been a long process, but I never heard of an actual release date so much as a projected time frame being the fourth quarter of this year. So as long as we still reside in that time frame, I would think it's all still a go unless they say differently. And I'm happy they are taking the time to get everything right. Dynasty especially is a very detailed set of outfits, so I'm sure allot of work had to go into those figures to get them right. Just my two cents.

Comment

• aceclone
                  • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by MIB41
                  ^^^ My understanding is that FTC first had to renew the license after the Alive line finished out it's run. So I believe there was a period where they had to decide whether to do that or not and once they did, they made the announcement what lines would be next. This summer I spoke with Farrow and at that time, they were still in the final stages of development on the figures, plus all of the approvals needed from KISS on the head sculpts and such. So I know it's been a long process, but I never heard of an actual release date so much as a projected time frame being the fourth quarter of this year. So as long as we still reside in that time frame, I would think it's all still a go unless they say differently. And I'm happy they are taking the time to get everything right. Dynasty especially is a very detailed set of outfits, so I'm sure allot of work had to go into those figures to get them right. Just my two cents.
                  I never hold FTC to anything unless there's a release date and/or pre-orders. But considering it's mid November now and the "Bleeding Gene" is slated to be in stock by December, I think that and the KISS/Santa packs are the only things were gonna see by Christmas/end of 2015.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I believe you're right. It would be pretty late in the game to launch pre-orders on something due out next month.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎