Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will we see some Hanna Barbera prototypes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

When will we see some Hanna Barbera prototypes?

It's been a long time since the original announcement and nothing's been shown except for a Scooby Doo sculpt if I recall.

I'm not counting Superfriends because that's a separate line.

I'm ready to see some Jonny Quest, Space Ghost and the likes...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I don't even remember seeing a Scooby-sculpt!!
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Monstar
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 6, 2008

Was there an announcement on which characters we're going to see in the first wave?
      http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

2016...not happening this year as they claimed

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

FTC has a preference to show finished product as opposed to rough sculpts, they also prefer to show things within a certain parameter of their arrival date.

I'm trying to get them to open up on showing more "in progress" stuff but I also understand their reservations about doing so. People tend to fire off negativity without much thought these days.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Monstar
            Was there an announcement on which characters we're going to see in the first wave?
            For years, our televisions were tuned in to their adventures. They were a part of our childhood, and are beloved to this day. Now, some of the most famous cartoon characters of all time are joining the retro action figure ranks, as Figures Toy Company gets ready to release a new line of toys based…Read more →

Johnny Quest, Mighty Mightor, Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, and Space Ghost!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
              http://www.megomuseum.com/figures-to...anna-barberra/

Johnny Quest, Mighty Mightor, Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, and Space Ghost!
              *faints*

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

I'm trying to get them to open up on showing more "in progress" stuff but I also understand their reservations about doing so. People tend to fire off negativity without much thought these days.
                On the other hand, it might give them a chance to fix genuine problems before it's too late in the process. There may be some reflex negativity, but there have also been some very genuine and reasonable concerns voiced, and, as it is, it's too far along in production when we actually see them to address those concerns.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I'm just relaying information, didn't want to spark a pro/con debate. My goal is to get more "in process" shots but "reflex negativity" has been a major road block in this effort.

I've read much worse on Facebook (KISS fans seem particularly volatile at times) but some times the comments here have waaaaayyy too much vitriol attached for a freaking toy.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Looking forward to these. Vote with your wallet.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I'm looking forward to these as well. There is a LOT of untapped potential in these characters!

But yes, I definitely have seen the negativity run rampant on a few figures. I would not have the heart to keep going the way FTC has.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

I'm just relaying information, didn't want to spark a pro/con debate. My goal is to get more "in process" shots but "reflex negativity" has been a major road block in this effort.

I've read much worse on Facebook (KISS fans seem particularly volatile at times) but some times the comments here have waaaaayyy too much vitriol attached for a freaking toy.
                        My point is, i've seen that same sort of vitriol on steroids aimed at Mattel, whose all to familiar line when they show a figure that is, shall we say, not received well, and their standard line is that it's too late to change anything ("This is your Hiss" is the most infamous response from the company's representatives). Showing some early stages, where there's still time to make changes (and give a clear demonstration how they listen to their customers as an added bonus) could help with some of that vitriol.

The point here: not all the comments are vitriolic; there are legitimate, constructive criticisms that one would hope FTC would be interested in hearing from the people buying their products. THey are going to hear the nasty blasts regardless of when they show the product. A point you could make to them is that showing things earlier could give them some useful feedback, allowing for changes that might please more of the customer base and maybe even reduce the volume of the vitriol a bit.

There are always going to be loud, angry voices on the web. But there are also reasonable ones offering legitimate points that could improve product and maybe even help sales (again, the very act of changing something due to fan feed back makes said fans feel like the company cares about them and their opinions), and I'd hate to see FTC pass on the latter simply because they don't like seeing the former.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I've got it covered, thanks!

Comment

• binkystarr
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 16, 2015

The KISS figures FINE now that the Farrow is sculpting them. It appears that the BIGGEST mistake from FTC was releasing head sculpts for Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer. The Sonic Boom and Monster sets were a complete bust and should have been skipped altogether. The new KISS lineup in makeup is a giant turn off to so many fans who want the classic KISS or KISS as we know them to be Eric Carr as the Fox, Vinnie Vincent the Egyptian ,Gene Simmons the Demon,Ace Frehley the REAL Spaceman, Peter Criss the REAL Catman and Paul Stanley as the Starchild. Anything outside of that wearing the makeup is a disaster. Im happy to the see the Farrow takeover and create his magic. I cant wait for the Dynasty set

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
                              My point is, i've seen that same sort of vitriol on steroids aimed at Mattel, whose all to familiar line when they show a figure that is, shall we say, not received well, and their standard line is that it's too late to change anything ("This is your Hiss" is the most infamous response from the company's representatives). Showing some early stages, where there's still time to make changes (and give a clear demonstration how they listen to their customers as an added bonus) could help with some of that vitriol.

The point here: not all the comments are vitriolic; there are legitimate, constructive criticisms that one would hope FTC would be interested in hearing from the people buying their products. THey are going to hear the nasty blasts regardless of when they show the product. A point you could make to them is that showing things earlier could give them some useful feedback, allowing for changes that might please more of the customer base and maybe even reduce the volume of the vitriol a bit.

There are always going to be loud, angry voices on the web. But there are also reasonable ones offering legitimate points that could improve product and maybe even help sales (again, the very act of changing something due to fan feed back makes said fans feel like the company cares about them and their opinions), and I'd hate to see FTC pass on the latter simply because they don't like seeing the former.
                              I understand what you're saying but the big takeaway I got from the Mattel years when Paul and Joe were offering prototype updates (plus fielding suggestions), is they could never get enough consensus on any ONE approach to satisfy everyone. It was during those days that I realized this hobby is more subjective than we tend to believe. Everyone has the ideal image of a Mego. Unfortunately they seldom find universal agreement. They're often as individual as the person. So as much as I would love to believe FTC could come here and get a collective thumbs up on what to do (or not do), ultimately I think it would not serve them well, since you would still leave many people unsatisfied (plus rejected) for not taking their ideas. Everyone wants to believe they have the majority opinion behind them. I believe in truth we probably all have a sparse crowd behind each one of us on that front. So all companies can do is create the best figure they can and hope it finds enough agreement to be profitable.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎