• Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Batmobile Talk Again

So this isnt made by Mattel:

http://www.amoktime.com/dc-direct-batman-the-animated-series-batmobile.html

Maybe we can get the Mego Batmobile thru the same sorta collector item plan or whatever.
  • Gadgeteer
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 16, 2014

DC Direct has a whole line of figures to go with that car, would be nice if they shot out a 2 foot long 66 Batmobile.
    sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the issue that they can't produce a 1966 style Batmobile with rolling wheels? The Batmobile in the link is not that version.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

as long as its not DCDirect, they make brittle junk.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          as long as its not DCDirect, they make brittle junk.
          Actually, they've changed the way the joints are made after major troubles with the first wave of the Batman animated line. No more clear plastic that breaks easily.

As for the Batmobile, licenses are so complicated these days, it's hard to know what a company can do unless they actually delineate the details. I think the vans being released actually roll, but it may be that the Batmobile, specifically, can't because Mattel holds the master DC toy license and makes Hot Wheel versions of the vehicles in many forms and sizes.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with a static Batmobile; given that I usually have to figure a way to secure the rolling versions, I might actually prefer one that way.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I bought the Mezco Mez-Itz comic Batmobile and when I opened it and realized the wheels were static, I was very disappointed. I don't know why; it's not like I do more than stick these things on display somewhere! But it bothered me. When I bought the '66 Mez-Itz Batmobile, I was thrilled to see that there were real working wheels on it.

I guess I just like knowing that if I want to roll it around, I can.

Comment

• Rex Mason
              • Dec 14, 2013

Originally posted by scott metzger
              Actually, they've changed the way the joints are made after major troubles with the first wave of the Batman animated line. No more clear plastic that breaks easily.

As for the Batmobile, licenses are so complicated these days, it's hard to know what a company can do unless they actually delineate the details. I think the vans being released actually roll, but it may be that the Batmobile, specifically, can't because Mattel holds the master DC toy license and makes Hot Wheel versions of the vehicles in many forms and sizes.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with a static Batmobile; given that I usually have to figure a way to secure the rolling versions, I might actually prefer one that way.
              I have the entire B:TAS line from DC Collectibles, and it's incredible. The joints are not brittle any longer, and the Batmobile lights up almost like a Hot Toys vehicle. Really great toys.

Comment

• Toycade
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 8, 2014

Yeah, we sell those too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-the-A...e=STRK:MESE:IT Couldn't resist. Free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎