X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Mego for the Black Market?

Okay so aside from laws or whatever, wouldn't it be cool if we saw a fan sorta like what Dr. Mego does just start selling new repro bootleg megos? Then we can have anyone! :-)
  • monkey tennis
    "Kiss my face."
    • Jun 8, 2007

I'd love that, but I think the thought Police would take them to court.
    But there's nothing stopping us from making our own with Doc Mego parts.
    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by zeedox
      Okay so aside from laws or whatever, wouldn't it be cool if we saw a fan sorta like what Dr. Mego does just start selling new repro bootleg megos? Then we can have anyone! :-)
      Don't know what you mean ?

Selling customs ?

Nothing wrong with that...
      Last edited by Mikey; Apr 6, '08, 7:52 AM.

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

Thought it meant Making DC / Marvel repro's as a company, that's not Legal is it ???
        Hope I'm wrong.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

Actually selling customs is considered trademark infringement.

You can make a painting of Batman for your own amusement,
          but when you put it up for sale, you are making money off
          DC's trademark character.

Dr. Mego is not making bootleg megos anymore. It's not worth
          the hassle. Patience, friends, patience.

And here's a note from my partner, friend, seasoned business man,
          and legal ninja - the man who really made the new Star Trek megos
          possible - Joe Sena.

"Many have taken advantage of the vacuum created since Mego originally ceased business in the '80s. Since we started EMCE with the Abramses and have started hiring other MEGO veterans on certain projects, it's a different world. Every intellectual property holder and every toy company, including The Big Two, know who we are and what our mission is.

If everyone would be patient, they'll soon see that there is really no need to sell bootleg parts or figures, nor risk the legal repercussions that follow. MEGOs have never been more visible than now and it's a bad time for anyone planning to play the margins.

As for us, we're not interested in doing anything to jeopardize the decades-long relationships the Abramses have with those who control the rights to MEGO's better known works. Nor will we jeopardize the recent relationships we've developed with those same entities because of the Abramses.

Just sit back and watch what we do over the next few years. It's a MEGO fan's dream come true."
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

the only people I think capable of making bootlegs,would be people in India and China and places like that where they can make them on penny's on the $1
            and for people who really can't afford them.My sister says that when she went Iraq with the Marines,all the little stores were filled with cheap little knock-off toys and bootleg Cd's and DVD's

Now she's in Japan and she says she seeing a whole lot of the same thing
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

WOW Paul....that statement from Joe Sena has just got Me all worked up into a Mego FRENZY!!!!! I can't wait to see what EMCE has planned for future Mego Project's!! VERY exciting times...yes indeed!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

Whatta Statement!!!

OK Now that was the most exciting comment i think i have ever read on this board. :-)

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Sounds very intruiging and exciting.

Comment

• Orion
                    Museum Night Watchman
                    • Mar 11, 2008

Wow!!! Definitely an exciting comment. Can't wait to see what is on the horizon.

Comment

• marbkwds
                      Da Bronx Mego Collector
                      • May 10, 2005

Hows about a body thats more like Mego's ........ These new ones weigh a ton and never really pose right ...... Roy

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Really? I've had no issues with the EMCE bods. They are like a breath of fresh air after the trainwreck that is CTVT.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• misterdroid
                          Banned
                          • Jan 10, 2008

Whoa... slow down a minute. Despite the emce promise that good things will eventually happen, does this mean Dr. Mego is going to no longer produce replicas (i.e. unlicensed "bootleg" copies) of mego bits? That is what I seem to be reading in the post. That would in fact be bad news indeed.
                          EMCE can promise great things, but even the mighty Hasbro couldn't keep the steam going on the reissue GI Joe line for more than a few years.
                          This concerns me for purely selfish reasons as I just got a Doc Mego catalog and want to order a large to tremendous pile of stuff over the next couple months or so...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

^ I think Doc is referring to full-repro bootleg figures like Batman, not generic blue boots which could be used for Batman or a million other characters
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^^ Really? I've had no issues with the EMCE bods. They are like a breath of fresh air after the trainwreck that is CTVT.

Agreed,.. But if one is having trouble with the Pose,.. you can always re-string them.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎