Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WAV
    • Jul 31, 2009

Anyone get their Batcave yet?

It looks like mine will arrive tomorrow and I'm pretty excited! Just wondering if anyone has received there's and what they think of it?
  • Dayton43
    • Jan 4, 2014

I did get mine, only issue I have is that where the roof folds down near the bat pole, cardboard looks ripped on the fold area only other minor issue is that the plastic covering the cardboard is a little loose

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I should have mine in a few days. Will review upon arrival for sure.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Somebody take some photos!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Delusional B
          Museum Super Collector
          • Nov 14, 2007

I received mine, yesterday. I love it, for the most part. It's well-constructed and would be difficult to tell from the original at a glance. I think FTC hit a home-run with this one and I really hope there are more playsets like this to come. There are two things that kind of bother me. The blue floor mat isn't vinyl like the original. It's glossy poster paper with the blue printed on one side. It is, literally, a rolled up paper poster. For the price, I do think FTC should have made sure that the mat was vinyl like the original. The other issue (and this is being nit-picky) is that the vintage "donor" playset that FTC used to scan the imagery, must have been water-damaged on the roof (the portion with the hole for the fire pole). Compared to the vintage ones I've seen online, the details and colors are very faded and runny... like they've been wet and color has pooled in some areas and disappeared in others. The top is the only panel that looks this way. The rest is beautiful and looks just like the vintage one, from what I can tell. Overall, it's a beautiful piece and I'm glad I picked it up.
          Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• Rex Mason
            • Dec 14, 2013

I remember fawning over this set in magazines as a kid. It was a bit before my time, and already too expensive for me as a kid. So I was super excited when this was offered. Love my set, but yeah, the floor mat is a bit of a bummer. It looks great on my table, though, and makes a great display. Can't wait for Scarecrow now!

Here's hoping for the holy grail of all Mego playsets, the Wayne Foundation...

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

As a kid i wanted one of these ,but was to expensive ,and kind of expensive today ,but it looks very cool ,and its all packed well,and does not
              take as much space as i thought it would ,love it ,the box is just so retro ,now i need a batmobile ,great job FTC.

Comment

• Rex Mason
                • Dec 14, 2013

Originally posted by tllgn
                As a kid i wanted one of these ,but was to expensive ,and kind of expensive today ,but it looks very cool ,and its all packed well,and does not
                take as much space as i thought it would ,love it ,the box is just so retro ,now i need a batmobile ,great job FTC.
                I was lucky enough to nab a Mega Batmobile about three years ago at a flea market for $5. Looks great coming out of the cave!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Somebody take some photos!
                  ^^^Ditto!^^^

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 21, 2009

I ordered it with the Shark. Does this mean they'll hold it til the Shark comes in and ship them together?

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

I recall a local Pic N Save store having one lone Batcave on the shelves for quite some time in the late 70's, but I never got it, so this one is a most welcome addition. I do agree that the rolled up poster for the floor section was a very cheap substitute for the original vinyl piece, especially for the price tag here, but I never planned to use it anyway, so it's not a big thing to me (I have the front part set up perpendicular to the back section where I've got it, on a piece of foamboard covered in gray posterboard). Yes, it's a bunch of printed cardboard covered by vinyl with a plastic stick stuck in it, but dang if the FTC re-do Bat figures don't look great occupying it.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Yeah .its funny they used a paper floor mat .when the box has it marked vinyl.but its a nice set.for the price .a variant figure would have made it better had it been included.but mego never dis so it is what it is.i like it.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎