X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almitysufx
    Persistent Member
    • May 27, 2004

Vulture for the Megomeet auction

Hey everyone, I haven't posted much of anything in nearly a year (insert long unimportant story to explain my absence here, whatever you come up with will surely be better than my version.) I have managed to begin working on customs from my list of things to do from last year. Those of you who are still waiting just hold on a little longer. I have put out a few for Hugh first as he has posted. There are three or four in various stages for others that I will have wrapped up soon but I felt it important to set them aside for just a few more days and give back to the community first. This years offering is the Vulture.

OK, the cool thing about this guy that you don't get from the pics is that I use a Fonzie body and switch out the hands so when you spread out the arms right and play with the lever in back, he kinda flaps his wings. I've also thought about drilling a small hole in the lever, it would be a great place to attach a string so he could be hung in a flying pose but I forgot to actually drill the hole yet again.

Till next time, take care all!
  • Mego Milk
    Custom Mego Maker
    • Jun 3, 2007

WOW!
    Vulture looks real real good!
    Looking forward to seeing him "LIVE" at the Mego Meet.
    I may just bid on him myself.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Did you post this along time ago? I distinctly remember seeing this custom posted somewhere on some board. If not, probably someone else must have used the same method. I usually remember things I see that are really awesome and I know I have seen this awesome custom before. I love it!
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• almitysufx
        Persistent Member
        • May 27, 2004

Dear Wrath,

This is the forth or fifth vulture I've made. They are all pretty much the same. The first one didnt have the fonzie body and the first few were made using Iron on transfers, Before I figured out my method for printing on cloth. You've probably seen one of the previous ones posted here. & Thanks, Im glad it was impressive enough to lodge itself in your memory.

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by almitysufx
          Dear Wrath,

This is the forth or fifth vulture I've made. They are all pretty much the same. The first one didnt have the fonzie body and the first few were made using Iron on transfers, Before I figured out my method for printing on cloth. You've probably seen one of the previous ones posted here. & Thanks, Im glad it was impressive enough to lodge itself in your memory.
          Yes. When people make good customs, especially ones of villains or heroes I like it is hard to get them out of my memory of fame.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

That's great. The Fonz body is pure genius.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

Mmmm. I really like him!

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                That's great. The Fonz body is pure genius.
                Agreed. Vulture looks totally awesome and I'd love to see him flap his wings
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

Ed delivered this to me yesterday and I posted it in the auction thread, although I admit it was hard. I was impressed when I saw it, but when I noticed the flapping wings action, I wanted to keep it for myself.

Comment

• monkey tennis
                    "Kiss my face."
                    • Jun 8, 2007

Love it. Very clever using the Fonz body.
                    Looks spot on.
                    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

I have to check to see if I still have the master file (I lost some in the computer change over and this is an older design) but if I find the master file for this:

I will donate the box for your custom and the auction.
                      Last edited by mego73; Apr 6, '08, 5:02 PM.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• QDOGG
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 13, 2007

WOW! That has got to be the coolest custom ever! The head, the suit, the creative use of the Fonz body. Top notch stuff

Comment

• tactile2
                          Museum ADDICT
                          • Jan 8, 2008

That is a VERY nice custom.....
                          sigpic
                          LOVE THEM MEGOS...AND ANYTHING STAR WARS!! Visit my web-site www.comicdoctor.com

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Ed, I absolutlely ADORE that villain to start...so, of course you know I think your take
                            on him is KILLER being that I love your custom work so much---also, the "inked" suit
                            looks great---I love my iron-on version, but still will be QUITE jealous of the winner of
                            THAT baby Great, great job!
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

I may have to win him to add to the Kraven I won last year

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎