Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archie comic books are popular now. Time for Megos?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Archie comic books are popular now. Time for Megos?

Archie comic books have been relaunched and are popular again. Is it time for FTC Archie Megos?

My sister and I had the 1ST Archie figures by MARX in 1975 40 YEARS ago! There have been other Archie figures since dolls and bendys, but no Megos.

I'd love a FTC CLASSIC Archie Mego line with Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Reggie, Moose, Dilton, Mr Weatherbee, Miss Grundy, etc! And expand to Sabrina the teen witch and Josie and the Pussycats! Little Archie on Teen Titans bodies!

Who's with me?
  • tiinacat
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 4, 2015

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

Oh yeah, I forgot about the superhero versions of Archie characters! What were their names? Reggie was a villain.

Comment

• Toycade
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jul 8, 2014

Comment

• tiinacat
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 4, 2015

Archie was Pureheart the powerful

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

Toycade, are you hinting?

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
              Oh yeah, I forgot about the superhero versions of Archie characters! What were their names? Reggie was a villain.
              Reggie was Evilheart.

I love Archie and the Gang, but I don't know if they work as Mego figures.

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

Archie is iconic, I think they would work well with the Mego format. The faces do look cartoonish, but so do the Scooby Doo gang. Archie is very collectible, the customer base is there for sure.

Comment

• Grayson66
                  • Sep 5, 2015

The faces look less cartoonish in the relaunched books from what I've seen and if we get figures I think I'd like to see them go that route. I never bought many of the comics but I did enjoy Archie on TV as a kid along with Sabrina and Josie so I might be in for these. I'm not sure if the result will be anything I'd watch but there's also a live action Archie-based series called "Riverdale" in development for the CW.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

Doesn't Archie Comics also have some Super Hero Comics that that were being re-launched? I thought I saw previews for "The Fox" and some others on free comic book day that were published by Archie comics.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I believe Archie and the gang would look great in the Mego format and would buy them all,i have the marx figures and they looked good,although
                      Mego style would look much better ,Would also like Sabrina the teenage witch (1970s ) and my favorite The Groovie Ghoolies ,I have all these
                      on DVd ,So yes ,go for4 it FTC .I can just see Wolfie as a mego, "Like man,that would be so cool".

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

I asked about the Archies a while back. Yes, I would love the Riverdale High gang with Pop Tate's Chocklit Shope play set and juke box. (hint..hint FTC ) Don't forget about the gang as agents of P.O.P. ( I read Archies comics side by side with my Marvel and DC hero.)

I think the Archies gang would have a more universal appeal than just the mego crowd; FTC, make it happen.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 14, 2012

As long as they use the classic Dan DeCarlo style Archie designs, as opposed to the more modern "realistic" designs, I'd be all-in for an Archie line. Plus, you know FTC likes to release variants on the same characters, and Archie has had a ton of alternate versions over the years, they've been superheroes, spies, cavemen, etc... there is a lot of stuff to work with there.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 11, 2014

How about Zombie Archie and the Gang?!

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

NO! Zombies have been, if you will pardon the expression, too done to death. Practically everything in fiction revolves around the stupid things!

I'd rather see classic Archie, Veronica, Reggie, Jughead, and Betty
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎