• Feb 9, 2007

13" Green Arrow PICS

Here is the man! Enjoy!

Boxed

Open Insert

Loose - Unmasked with Closed Fists

Loose - Masked with Closed Fists

Loose - Action Stance with Alternate Posable Hands

10 Trick Arrow Set (actually comes with 31 Arrows Total)
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

That is Totally Bad Arse Hank !!!!
    Big thanks for the Pics.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

man that looks bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I like the Masks on these.... They got some sorta Magnet in them,.. or something,.. to hold them into place I would think. I don't have any of the Mask one's yet... It's just what I gather they did. I can look at this figure all day. I know I have to get him. The last one I felt like this with was the Blue/Grey Batman,.. & he ended up comming Home.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The head looks a bit odd with the hat off, and DCD really needs to do something about that bicep cut. The trick arrow look sweet.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Overkill
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 19, 2007

Man, that's a really nice figure! Love the arsenal of trick arrows and the action pose! Though I do agree about the head looking a bit odd without the hat. Kind of looks like an old man hairline, or a wig placed badly on his bald head. I'd just keep the hat on at all times. :P

And Jason, as for the mask, I own a Robin figure, and the mask sort of fits into the groove of the figure's face (no magnetism). The bad part about this is that the mask can easily be popped off at the slightest pressure against it since it's a weak hold (well mine is at least) That's why I used a tiny thread the wrap the mask around the back of the head for insurance. I really think they should of magnetized the masks, it would of made much more sense.

Comment

• grayhank
              That Fisher Price Guy
              • Feb 9, 2007

I don't like the hairline on him either without his hat. He does look like he's balding with a bad comb over. The only other thing that really bugs me is that the hat seems a tiny bit too small as far as fitting on his head.

This is the first DC 13" figure that I have opened and I am somewhat disappointed that considering what they cost, there isn't much play factor to these guys. They are GREAT to look at, but it took me a considerable amount of time to get Ollie into that action pose. His hands kept popping off as I tried to place the bow into them or when adjusting his pose. Perhaps the reason for this is the bow is actually upside down in my pic but when I realized that I didn't want to start all over again.
              Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Looks great except the hair and the hat does seem too small.

DCD REALLY needs to rethink the hands. It's the one consistent flaw in the line. At least give us a pivot point.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• misterdroid
                  Banned
                  • Jan 10, 2008

That is a beautiful figure... but those bicep cuts are wretched. It doesn't quite ruin the figure, but it's the reason why I keep passing on these guys. They are UGLY and show through costumes... not good.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

Now I've really gotta get one. Thanks heaps for the pics. Nice to see someone else takes them outta the box. I love the trick arrows too.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Very cool figure!
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• monkey tennis
                        "Kiss my face."
                        • Jun 8, 2007

Man that's cool.
                        Love the beard.
                        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

I don't think the hair is as bad as everyone's saying---
                          I mean---so Ollie's a bit follically challenged once he has "hat hair" head.
                          Seems realistic enough (Ollie IS an older guy)....PLUS the way the hair is styled
                          seems to make it easier for the hat's placement on the head.

And...
                          Who was planning on displaying him without his hat anyway?

My verdict?

"Perfect figure"---and possibly the best superhero figure release ever.

Thanks for the pics!
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I don't buy the hair or the hat excuses. Hasbro did it just fine on a cheapo 9 inch figure, for 70 bucks or so, I'd expect better.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^^ I don't buy the hair or the hat excuses. Hasbro did it just fine on a cheapo 9 inch figure, for 70 bucks or so, I'd expect better.
                              Better in what way?

It was a design choice that looks appropriate in its practicality....
                              i.e. a headsculpt that looks realistic in the context of having to have that
                              cool removable hat as a feature.

Now, if you would've liked him to have perfectly styled hair and still
                              have a removable hat---maybe he shoulda had two heads--one with
                              hat wearing capabilities and one without, one that'd have "perfect hair"
                              ---a "non-hat head" look (if you will).

(But then again, it IS a GREEN ARROW figure and not an OLLIE QUEEN one)

Other than that suggestion which might've been a reasonable one to
                              build into the "high" cost---I can't see any reason to complain.

Hey---I'm used to paying $70 plus for a nice figure---and THAT one
                              is the best superhero figure I've ever seen made by a factory!

(That other figure you mention PALES in comparision just by the arrows alone
                              ---edited to add that if you say the HAT worked better on the other figure---well,
                              I guess that's a legitimate point, but I'd have to take another look)
                              Last edited by huedell; Apr 15, '08, 6:07 PM.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎