X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Blue Beetle and Charlton charectors ?

Does FTC have the rights to make a wave of Charlton charectors similar to the Shazam family ?
    Blue Beetle , Capt. Atom , and the Question would be a good start
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I would think they do; DC now owns the rights to the Charlton characters except Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt. They also own Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters. And doesn't FTC have a comprehensive DC license?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

I emailed them once and asked about Blue Beetle, Dr Fate and the Spectre and the reply was 'possibly Dr Fate.' I am sure it could always change, but that was the reply a couple months ago.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I'd be interested in a Blue Beetle figure if it were based on the Steve Ditko version.

Comment

• Type Two
          Career Member
          • Sep 20, 2010

Not to high-jack the thread, but Dr. Fate would be great! I remember Fate was one of the ones that Doc Mego had announced for the last wave of the "Retro Dc Superheroes" before they were cancelled. I think Doc hinted that a sculpted head existed, but I have heard nothing else.

I'd love a Ditko Blue Beetle, too.
          Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• tiinacat
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 4, 2015

A Steve Ditko vintage wave would be great!!!! Question, Captain Atom(costume variant gold and red, or blue red and other colors) Blue Beetle variant, original blue beetle, Night shade! Holy Mego I'd buy two of each! If only the ** that float all around could translate to the physical world.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I would think they do; DC now owns the rights to the Charlton characters except Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt. They also own Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters. And doesn't FTC have a comprehensive DC license?
              Hadn't heard about Peter Cannon; did they somehow lose the rights? He did have a DC comic, though short lived.

If they did the Charlton characters, I do imagine they'd be the DC versions. Even Mattel, though they made two versions of Captain Atom, didn't do the Charlton look. It would seem appropriate, though, if they could; those were the versions out of the stands around the Mego era.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎