Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a big Thank You and Shout out Anthony from Figures Inc/ CTV, his Family & Staff!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Just a big Thank You and Shout out Anthony from Figures Inc/ CTV, his Family & Staff!

Ok Kids – I know I have been gone for a while. The summer with work, vacation & 3 kids is so time consuming - so really not much time for anything for me.

So good news bad news – one day last week while on vacation in FL. 2 of the 3 kids were sick. We could not really do anything with them except give them their meds, and let them rest for the day and take a break from park hopping. That was the bad news.

The good news is the wife was nice enough to let me go visit Anthony over at Figures Toy Company for the day! So I jumped in the car and drove over to Tampa to meet up with him.

He has been kind enough to invite me a few times over the last few years but vacations are always to short so could never seem to squeeze it in – but this trip I really wanted to and was lucky that I was able to.

While I always talk to him on the phone and via e mail – it was so awesome to finally meet him in person. He was kind enough to give me a full tour of the Figures Inc Head Quarters and even his home. He has an amazing staff – and an even more amazing and beautiful family.

Being able to sit in his Conference room with him and his staff to talk Megos and FTC/CTV/ Wrestling was an awesome experience – they really have so much knowledge it is truly mind-blowing to hear so many amazing stories. I took many pictures - but sorry - I can't share - maybe a year or 2 down the line after all this stuff is released I can share a pic or 2 of the confr. room when its old news - it is truly amazing to see them all lined up all over the walls across the room - so awesome!

His warehouse was 10 times bigger than I had expected it to be. All the Figures inc goodness was all over the place – I was like a kid in a candy store just walking around – was even hard to stay focused because aisle after aisle there was just more of it!

I also got to see and touch most of the proto types. All I can say is WOW!! You people better start saving up – because a ton of new stuff is coming out and all of it looks Awesome!

I will not go into full detail as it is not my place to – But I did see the first 2 or maybe even 3 waves of the Superfriends figures in person! You guys will love them! I did see the next wave or 2 of Batman TV series and I will say this Yvonne Craig Proto Types look Bat-tastic! Titans look amazing! And to see who else they have coming in that line gave me Goosebumps! Lets not forget the next wave of superman Jimmy and Perry were sweet up close! And my absolute fav was holding Aquaman and the shark MIB! I think that is because I never had one as a kid – I was almost tempted to run out the door with it But that would have been rude when I had such an amazing and generous host who even was kind enough to give me a copy of the Special Edition of Benjamin Holcomb’s Mego Book. (which by the way is beyond Mind-Blowing! Shame on me for not owning this book before this!!! The pictures are incredible and I can no way describe just how awesome this book really is!! You really do have to get it!!)

Facebook photo.jpg

So again – Thank you to Anthony, His Family and his staff for being the most graceful, generous and best host I ever had!
    Next trip we will make a whole day out of it 
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"
  • mego maniac mark
    Career Member
    • Aug 3, 2010

That is so cool. Far too many members are negative about their stuff. I am so grateful that they have kept the mego toys alive and well. It is also great to hear that they are still making more for us to collect. I should make it a point to visit there one day myself.
    Thanks for sharing.
    mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

You can't please everyone - and everyone has their own point of view on what they think a figure should look like.
      Overall I think they have done a fantastic job and they really do put a lot of time, energy, money and mostly love into this line.

People might or might not know this - But Anthony is a TOY Guy - meaning he loves old school toys. He really does the Mego thing for the love of it - not just for the $

He has a most impressive Mego collection of his own.
      The factory has 100's of loose Mego's That they play around with all day (umm I mean work with - LOL!!)

I won't talk about his private collection because it is not mine - But I will say this it is impressive... Most impressive
      many original Megos MOC

His Star Wars & Kiss collection are insaine!
      Last edited by Vinny0026; Sep 9, '15, 8:01 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

It's so refreshing to read such positivity about FTC for a change. I'm not at all surprised by their hospitality and kindness.
        Thanks for sharing.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• newlyknighted
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 21, 2010

The idea of seeing prototypes up close had to be mind blowing! Your anticipation as you walked into the front door must have overwhelming! Thanks for the recap of your visit.
          I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

So glad to hear that. I had missed Anthony by about an hour when I arrived, so I did not get the pleasure of meeting him. But everyone who was there was fantastic hosts. Thanks for sharing your tremendous experience. I'm glad to know another who has walked through the golden gates.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I missed out on visiting FTC before they moved from RI to Florida, but I believe I had met Anthony or a partner of his at toy shows around here many many years ago, and I believe he used to sell replacement Mego stickers and collectable toys in the old Toy Shop magazine before FTC was manufacturing their own figures. Seems like he has always had a genuine interest in Megos.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                Year Five!!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by newlyknighted
                The idea of seeing prototypes up close had to be mind blowing! Your anticipation as you walked into the front door must have overwhelming! Thanks for the recap of your visit.
                To be honest I have become pretty good friends with Anthony prior to FTC getting the rights to DC. As I mentioned we talked many times via phone and email. I just had never met him in the flesh, he has been kind enough to tell me to visit a few times when he knew I was down on vacation - I wish I had done it sooner!!!

I also have seen pics of some of the prototypes as he sometimes sends me some sneak peaks
                But to see them in person and hold them was a whole new ball game. It was over whelming and so hard to focus on any 1 thing because there was walls full of new stuff!

I think the most mind blowing piece of it was indeed the warehouse.

Keep in mind I come from a retail back ground and have been a Retail Manager for both Toys R us and Disney
                So I'm not a stranger to a warehouse - But I really was not expecting the FTC warehouse to be as large as it was. It is pretty massive!!! It was larger then any Toys R Us warehouse I have ever managed. And this was all FTC/CTV/ wrestling merch. I was really in shock of just how much product they had in hand - tons of everything. I mean pallets full not just boxes full.

It was so amazing to see that many full cases of all the figures - almost like a dream to tell you the truth.
                Truly an honor to be able to hang out with him almost the full day.

Next time I will plan my vacation with an extra day just in case he has time for me to hang with him again.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
                  So glad to hear that. I had missed Anthony by about an hour when I arrived, so I did not get the pleasure of meeting him. But everyone who was there was fantastic hosts. Thanks for sharing your tremendous experience. I'm glad to know another who has walked through the golden gates.
                  LOL - they sure did feel like golden gates!
                  The first look upon all that brown gold (boxes/cases) really blew me away - lol

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Great to hear Vinny! I am in the same boat.......I make it to Florida once a year, but it's all about the three kids. I will live vicariously through you and Tom.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

Very cool. I love reading stuff like this. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

A great read. Thanks for sharing. You should post those photos. I don't think Slugworth is a member here.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                          A great read. Thanks for sharing. You should post those photos. I don't think Slugworth is a member here.
                          haha - I love to - but no can do.
                          after the figures are released down the line and if ant gives the ok I'll share a few.

It is really like their war room.
                          great stuff - sorry I can't share

Comment

• Toycade
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jul 8, 2014

They are all great guys. We are "small potatoes" and they have always treated us like we were one of the "big boys." It's a shame they are all New England Patriots fans though.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Toycade
                              They are all great guys. We are "small potatoes" and they have always treated us like we were one of the "big boys." It's a shame they are all New England Patriots fans though.
                              LOL - Anthony is actually a Cowboys fan - had I known that we may have never became friends Go Big Blue! LOL!
                              (I hate to admit it - but I think Dallas makes it to the bowl this year if they can win against The hawks or greenbay in NFC Championship game)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎