PDA

View Full Version : Neca 8": what's planned?

Gorn Captain
Sep 8, '15, 4:49 AM
It feels to me that Neca's 8" line is slowing down a bit.
Apart from a couple of more Freddy figures, what can we still expect?

Brown Bear
Sep 8, '15, 5:35 AM
Still hoping for Michael Myers and a Rocky figure in boxing gear.

mego
Sep 8, '15, 7:21 AM
How about a Richard Roundtree Shaft?

Confessional
Sep 8, '15, 8:29 AM
Evil Dead and The Hateful Eight have been announced… more Iron Maiden Eddie and Home Alone coming, not sure what else in 2015.

If anything I think they are making more, not less.

Gorn Captain
Sep 8, '15, 10:59 AM
Evil Dead and The Hateful Eight have been announced… more Iron Maiden Eddie and Home Alone coming, not sure what else in 2015.

If anything I think they are making more, not less.

More Evil Dead? Cool! What are they planning?

Boy_Wonder_1978
Sep 8, '15, 12:40 PM
I'd love, love, LOVE to see the four Droogs from A Clockwork Orange. How these have never been done (by anyone) is far beyond me.

Teemu
Sep 8, '15, 10:37 PM
More Evil Dead? Cool! What are they planning?

Ash vs Evil Dead

lilbrosj66
Sep 9, '15, 12:45 AM
I'd love, love, LOVE to see the four Droogs from A Clockwork Orange. How these have never been done (by anyone) is far beyond me.

I would buy those in a heartbeat! One of my all time favorite movies.

Boy_Wonder_1978
Sep 9, '15, 2:08 AM
^^ I'd buy any style of figure just to have them. ReAction, FTC,.... Could you imagine NECA doing them though? WOW!!!

Gorn Captain
Sep 9, '15, 2:34 AM
I might get the Home Alone figures as target practice for Jason and Freddy.

The Bat
Sep 11, '15, 8:08 PM

SAME HERE! EXCELLENT CALL!! :hokay:

GlobalObserver
Sep 17, '15, 12:59 PM
I've been wanting someone to make really nice 8" figures based on characters from the golden age of pulp magazines.

The Shadow, Doc Savage, The Black Bat, The Spider, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Zorro, John Carter, etc.

thunderbolt
Sep 17, '15, 4:48 PM
I've been wanting someone to make really nice 8" figures based on characters from the golden age of pulp magazines.

The Shadow, Doc Savage, The Black Bat, The Spider, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Zorro, John Carter, etc.
I wish this would happen, it would be WGSH 30s style.

GlobalObserver
Sep 17, '15, 7:45 PM
I wish this would happen, it would be WGSH 30s style.
CAST-A-WAY toys was interested in going in this direction, but it never happened. They were able to produce a figure of Lee Falk's The Phantom that was a work of art. They also made a 'Buster Crabbe' Flash Gordon prototype that looked like a scaled down version of the 1/6 figure that Go Hero produced. I sure wish that had been produced.

SWCWorld
Oct 23, '15, 8:07 AM
Any news on more Planet of the Apes NECA figures? The Taylor/Charlton Heston figure was incredibly good and very detailed, and the soldier ape is really good as well. Would love to see a Dr. Zaius in correct film costume and a mutant from Beneath the Planet of the Apes....

palitoy
Oct 23, '15, 8:22 AM
I've heard right from NECA that apes are dead. It wasn't the Mego figures, it was the entire line, it just didn't sell.

Gorn Captain
Oct 23, '15, 9:32 AM

That would be fantastic! Sign me up!

Gorn Captain
Oct 23, '15, 9:33 AM
I've heard right from NECA that apes are dead. It wasn't the Mego figures, it was the entire line, it just didn't sell.

We're getting old, people. Vintage POTA doesn't sell anymore...

wise guy
Oct 25, '15, 4:33 PM
I collected the Mego POTA back in the day but have no interest in a Charlton Heston figure today. The Neca Rocky figure also looked creepy and outdated
hanging on a rack at Toy r us.

Brown Bear
Oct 25, '15, 4:58 PM
That Rocky figure was terrible. I love boxing and love Rocky movies but I didn't like the way the clothes fit and thought he looked more like Paul McCartney than Stallone. He should've been sold in trunks and gloves with the red, white and blue trunks. The jogging suit Rocky killed the line before it started.

Has there ever been any word on a Neca cloth Michael Myers?

palitoy
Oct 25, '15, 5:03 PM
They have tweeted in the past that they don't have the license for Halloween and can't get it.

sprytel
Oct 25, '15, 9:57 PM

Distinctive Dummies did Alex from Clockwork Orange and it was absolutely brilliant.

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?105410-Welly-welly-welly-Alex-Delarge-Megostyle-Figure

Gorn Captain
Oct 26, '15, 3:08 PM
I had hoped jogging suit Rocky was just the beginning of a line, but I guess they were too optimistic.

MIB41
Oct 27, '15, 9:45 AM
Sad news on the Apes license. I hate to think it, but I believe "our apes" is a generational thing now. I still prefer that makeup and general look over the new CGI creations. A darn shame they never made it to Urko in the Mego hybrid series. My favorite from the show. I thought they were well made, but I guess it just never caught fire like their slasher series has.

Rocky was definitely a low water mark for me and Neca. For ALL the iconic images of Rocky, him standing there with his mouth open like he's inhaling a hoagie sandwich is not one that comes to mind. So that was more than a bit disappointing. I haven't heard the Rocky line is cancelled, but I could understand why if they did. Too bad. Of course that too could be falling into a generational segment now as well. At least in terms of merchandising figures. To this day I remain baffled how Mego looked past him in the 70's while they were doing Ali.

Teemu
Oct 27, '15, 3:28 PM
Hateful 8 retro's are coming...sculpts look great

Gorn Captain
Oct 28, '15, 6:54 AM
Hateful 8 retro's are coming...sculpts look great

Yeah, these could be good.

And Ash vs Evil Dead...

CrimsonGhost
Oct 28, '15, 7:10 AM
Where did you see Hateful 8 sculpts? I'd like to check those out.

I picked up the beauty mask leatherface, and he's amazing. I'm also digging Pamela Voorhees and young Jason. They are really fun.

Confessional
Oct 28, '15, 9:03 AM
^^ You can catch the teaser showing head sculpts listed under October 20th here: https://twitter.com/thehatefuleight

NECA mentioned they are waiting for the studio's approval for the full reveal.

palitoy
Oct 28, '15, 9:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CRxwFqxUsAEiWRE.mp4

CrimsonGhost
Oct 28, '15, 10:29 AM
AHHHHH THOSE TEASERS!!! They look nice from what I can tell.

Gorn Captain
Oct 28, '15, 2:11 PM
Yeah, these look like good sculpts.

Teemu
Oct 29, '15, 7:49 AM
Bill and Ted Retro's are coming in Spring 2016

CrimsonGhost
Oct 29, '15, 8:17 AM
Bill and Ted Retro's are coming in Spring 2016

I knew those were in the works as well as some other interesting choices. Did they officially announce those somewhere?

palitoy
Oct 29, '15, 8:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSfCalvWEAAHIAw.jpg

Looks like Spring 2016 for Bill and Ted.

CrimsonGhost
Oct 29, '15, 9:07 AM
Oh ok, cool. Where are they posting these photos? Twitter?

palitoy
Oct 29, '15, 9:20 AM
Yup Twitter, NECA is a strange company for PR.

I've begged for updates on these lines but often see exclusive news handed to blogs with 1/20th our readership. It's confusing.

Gadgeteer
Oct 29, '15, 1:15 PM
I want an Ash vs Evil Dead figure asap, OLD Bruce is even cooler than young Bruce!
Bill and Ted...Nope

Joshua the Atomic Robot
Oct 29, '15, 2:47 PM
Bill and Ted is one of my favorite movies. I'm stoked to get figures of them!

palitoy
Nov 7, '15, 9:12 AM
I actually heard Randy Falk on Eric Nagel's show last night while driving to a party. He was talking up Hateful Eight and Ash Vs Evil Dead retro figures. I think he also brought with him the Home Alone characters as well.

CrimsonGhost
Nov 7, '15, 2:15 PM
Randy is an awesome guy. I love that Neca is in the "Mego" business!

palitoy
Nov 7, '15, 2:29 PM
Randy is an awesome guy. I love that Neca is in the "Mego" business!

Yeah, he was terrific. Erock and his crew aren't mego guys though, it was all predator/alien talk from them.

pmwasson
Nov 9, '15, 3:15 PM
Hateful 8

http://megomuseum.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=16961&d=1447100128

Gorn Captain
Nov 9, '15, 3:22 PM
Looking forward to Hateful 8. Hope they spread them out a bit...

CrimsonGhost
Nov 9, '15, 4:01 PM
Man, the Hateful 8 look pretty fun!

Apositive
Nov 9, '15, 5:05 PM
I sincerely hope that there is no "controversy" that gets this line cancelled or pulled. Those figures look good. Any pics surface of what their bodies will look like?

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Nov 9, '15, 6:16 PM
Those look very, very cool.

Starroid Raiders Dagon
Nov 9, '15, 6:31 PM
I sincerely hope that there is no "controversy" that gets this line cancelled or pulled. Those figures look good. Any pics surface of what their bodies will look like?

Well, Tarantino has made some divisive statements about the police in the last two weeks so have to see if that impacts the movie. He isnt stepping back from last I heard on the tv. Not about the movie but affects the studio and director.

Teemu
Nov 9, '15, 11:09 PM
Hateful eight figures are limited to 3,000 pieces each..

grab them while you can..

sprytel
Nov 10, '15, 12:21 AM
"These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer. "

I wonder why they felt the need to include that disclaimer...

Gorn Captain
Nov 10, '15, 5:09 AM
"These action figures are intended to be representations of their movie counterparts, and should not be construed as social or political commentary on the part of the manufacturer. "

I wonder why they felt the need to include that disclaimer...

They're trying to stop "PC-Mom" from going crazy again, I guess. Trying to avoid another Django.

Confessional
Nov 10, '15, 9:32 AM
^^ It's seems obvious why they included the disclaimer… a female figure with a black eye. This will likely be cast as a *toy* (instead of an adult collectible tied to an R-rated work of fictitious film) by some and associated with a despicable societal ill.

BTW, the mere thought of a cranky Bruce Dern action figure has had me chuckling for weeks. ;)

Gorn Captain
Nov 11, '15, 9:27 AM
I think we'd best go for the female figure first, before someone starts going nuts about it.

Byrnes
Dec 29, '15, 10:31 AM
Dang, I must be the kiss of death for 8" Retro figures. I never buy any of them. Then I see ZICA's Buck Rogers line and love it, buy those and it's promptly cancelled. Don't buy anything for years then pick up the 2 Apes from NECA and now cancelled. I guess the rest of you can relax. I think this will be the last time I buy a new line of 8" figures.

Gorn Captain
Dec 29, '15, 12:09 PM
Dang, I must be the kiss of death for 8" Retro figures. I never buy any of them. Then I see ZICA's Buck Rogers line and love it, buy those and it's promptly cancelled. Don't buy anything for years then pick up the 2 Apes from NECA and now cancelled. I guess the rest of you can relax. I think this will be the last time I buy a new line of 8" figures.

Whew, thanks!:smiley1:

Gorn Captain
May 13, '16, 12:20 AM
Anything new in Neca retro cloth 8" coming?

Brown Bear
May 13, '16, 5:43 AM
Still hoping to see a Rocky in boxing gloves.

Spyweb007
May 13, '16, 1:33 PM
I'd like to see them make Rambo. I think Neca is still doing a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure set of figures.

Gorn Captain
May 14, '16, 1:10 AM
So far, it seems that we're mostly getting Freddy and Jason variations.
I do like Hateful Eight, so I've started collecting those.
Still feels they've really slowed down production of their 8" line.

Confessional
May 14, '16, 8:10 AM
^^ from what I recall Bill & Ted, multiple Weird Al, Capt. Spaulding, multiple Ash vs Evil Dead, Chop Top, and more versions of Leatherface, Freddy & Jason. Pennywise if the license ever approves.

Not my tempo, but that's still several releases coming in 2016.

Timothy2251
May 14, '16, 9:52 AM
Hoping to see them tackle Hellraiser and the Alien and Predator franchises at this scale.

Gorn Captain
May 16, '16, 8:41 AM
Don't really need more Leatherface, Freddy and Jason, and Evil Dead isn't 8" retro cloth, right?
So for me, it's really slow now. Would love Alien, Predator and Hellraiser. That would keep me busy for a long time.
For now, I'll just complete Hateful Eight, and wait...

Confessional
May 16, '16, 3:04 PM
^^ I think Randy said AvsED is coming in both formats, modern and retro. I don't think you're going to see any of those other lines in retro… he's been asked before, over and over again.

palitoy
May 16, '16, 3:09 PM
Ash Vs Evil Dead was mentioned but so far nuttin' shown other than modern figures. I hope that a retro modern Ash is still forth coming.

alex
May 17, '16, 10:17 AM
The only thing Im looking forward to is the Bill and Ted figures. I have a feeling they might be a exclusive .

palitoy
May 17, '16, 10:20 AM
The only thing Im looking forward to is the Bill and Ted figures. I have a feeling they might be a exclusive .

Nope mass market, they're up for pre-order right now:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC12160&id=ME-002202116

Gorn Captain
May 17, '16, 10:24 AM
^^ I think Randy said AvsED is coming in both formats, modern and retro.

That would be great news!

The Bat
May 24, '16, 4:25 PM
Nope mass market, they're up for pre-order right now:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC12160&id=ME-002202116

Most EXCELLENT!! :music-smiley-005:

Gadgeteer
May 29, '16, 7:21 PM
I would be down for a whole line of Ash vs The Evil Dead!
Old Ash and his sidekicks, a few Deadites and a Cabin playset made like the old Bat cave or Enterprise.

tllgn
Jun 2, '16, 12:06 AM
I only liked the apes line ,and i guess thats toast .

MIB41
Jul 5, '16, 7:32 AM
It seems like their Friday the 13th line has been their most extensive offering to date. I think that has a pretty rabid fan base so they can keep that series going. I believe Rocky was a miss because they decided to go with a odd ball head sculpt on the first offering. I think the apes line is just a generational thing. I can still watch the original movies and the television show and remain in awe of the makeups and the stories. But I grew up in that era so it caters to that inner child in me. There seems to be less of a connection with today's generation. I think they still like the concept for modern movies but not necessarily in the style allot of us grew up with. I guess I have to add that to the ever growing list of personal favorites that have expired with modern day masses. Too bad. I think they're missing out.

Gorn Captain
Jul 5, '16, 1:21 PM
I'm not that into their comedy figures, so it's really slow for me at this point. Come on, Neca, throw me a bone...

Confessional
Jul 5, '16, 6:00 PM
^^ Preacher (TV license only) has been hinted at for a SDCC reveal. TBD if that includes Retro.

VulcansFury
Jul 7, '16, 11:34 AM
Still waiting to see if there will be a SDCC exclusive, and looking forward for what they reveal at the show. Aside from Bill & Ted I've been passing on their comedy stuff too.