Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about Westerns...Lone Ranger,Tonto..Cowboys and Indians...........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

How about doing the entire Lone Ranger and Tonto Gabriel line with villians, Indians, Horses and Wagons. I know that there are A many Western fans in this here Museum. YaaHoo!!!
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

I personally love Western stuff, Jason does too... It's on the Cast-a-Way Toys "to-do" list for sure... What, when , How? that's to be determined, but I think the key would be to crank the realism up a notch. Nice looking sculpts, period correct clothes and gear and a little more "gritty" look would really do the trick I think.

-Dave

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
      I personally love Western stuff, Jason does too... It's on the Cast-a-Way Toys "to-do" list for sure... What, when , How? that's to be determined, but I think the key would be to crank the realism up a notch. Nice looking sculpts, period correct clothes and gear and a little more "gritty" look would really do the trick I think.

-Dave
      I agree with you Wholeheartedly. It'll be nice to have them with the slight trigger finger (for realistic pistol holding) like the Marx Johnny West figures....This line along with the "Entire" Gabriel Lone Ranger line will be "Absolutely Awesome"; coupled with TeePees, a wagon and some horses. Oh Boy, I'm already foaming at the mouth. If Castaway Toys (David Lee) Or the Good Doc (Emcee Toys) can revive any of these lines.......Put me down for thirty of them.....plus all the Accessories.........YEEHAAW !!!
      Last edited by Ivaniski; Apr 4, '08, 7:11 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Mr. Lee, would the Ranger fall under Captain Action or would you guys do him up like you are going to do the Phantom?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Mr. Lee, would the Ranger fall under Captain Action or would you guys do him up like you are going to do the Phantom?
          We would definitely make them as stand alone figures first, like the Phantom, and if a Captain Action costume is viable and they (CA ent.) are amenable and the Lone Ranger folks approve then that is always a possibility as well...

-Dave

Comment

• drmego
            EMCE Toys
            • Jun 15, 2001

Stand alone figure? I thought you were doing Captain Action figures?
            www.drmego.com
            www.megoman.com
            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

Wow this would be cool for sure I am always looking for more western figs!!!
              I love the new western boots by the way.
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                Stand alone figure? I thought you were doing Captain Action figures?
                It is to my understanding that they are doing a line of Captain Action figures but instead of having rubber masks that fit over the heads and costume packs like the originals and Playing Mantis versions, they are just releasing the figures with molded mask heads like Mego's versions of Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc. At least that's they way it looked when they previewed the Phantom head.
                Scott

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Castaway is doing The Phantom and a arch enemy as a sepperate line from CA.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Castaway is doing The Phantom and a arch enemy as a sepperate line from CA.
                    Now I am confused (again). I thought that the Phantom and the pirate enemy were part of the CA line just that Castaway wasn't doing the costume accessory packs for them but rather selling Captain Action's alter egos as separate figures.
                    Scott

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Go back and look at the CA thread. They are doing the Phantom both ways, as a costume and as a stand alone figure.
                      Last edited by thunderbolt; Apr 5, '08, 7:41 PM.

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Go back and look at the CA thread. They are doing the Phantom both ways, as a costume and as a stand alone figure.
                        Ah, I must have missed that. I thought it was only as the figure.
                        Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

I should have read the thread more closely. Yes, there will be a stand-alone Phantom line and a Captain Action line that will feature the Phantom.

This will be the Villain outfit for Dr. Evil to go along with the Phantom costume for CA.... We also have another Villain for the Non-CA regular Phantom figure as well... he's neat as well, and we will show that once we get some more pix.
                          -Dave
                          Well ya get the best of both worlds... the Phantom AND CA as the Phantom
                          Scott

Comment

• drmego
                            EMCE Toys
                            • Jun 15, 2001

Really? Just like a mego? So will the Abrams family be getting 10% of your sales?
                            www.drmego.com
                            www.megoman.com
                            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                              Really? Just like a mego? So will the Abrams family be getting 10% of your sales?
                              Did CTVT give 10% of their sales to the Abrams family?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎