PDA

View Full Version : Package Art Reveal for Captain Action!

ZICA
Aug 20, '15, 4:52 PM
This is the artwork that will be used on the package for the Captain Action figure in the upcoming Kickstarter: Captain Action Package Art (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/20/the-packaging-art-for-zica-toys-captain-action-next-year-happy-birthday-captain/)

ZombieJimC
Aug 20, '15, 5:51 PM
That is Awesome!!

AlanJG1
Aug 20, '15, 5:58 PM
Looks great. Looking forward to signing up for the Kickstarter.

Jeff Cope
Aug 20, '15, 7:32 PM
Fantastic! Please! please, make it available as a print! That needs to be framed and on my wall!

enyawd72
Aug 20, '15, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna be honest...I really don't care for it. Digitally painted stuff just looks flat to me. I don't like the muted colors and grayish skin tone, and the apocalyptic background just doesn't feel right.
I was hoping for something more vivid and a throwback to the painted package art of the 60's. When Joe Jusko did the art for the new 12" line I was hoping he'd do some painted art. His stuff is incredible.
I'll still get the figures though.

Joshua the Atomic Robot
Aug 21, '15, 9:48 AM
I love it. I loved the painted artwork on your Six Million Dollar Man figures, too. I also really like the painted artwork on Neca's Planet of the Apes 8 inch figures. Something about that style of art on an action figure package really does it for me. Looking forward to the Kickstarter.

Earth 2 Chris
Aug 21, '15, 10:47 AM
Nice Craig! I think the nostalgia angle with the captain is pretty played out, between the Playing Mantis release, the Castaway ReMegos (which I designed the packaging on) and the Round 2 version. I can understand the desire to go in a different direction, and try to goose some non-diehards into the property. Those diehards are going to buy it anyway.

Chris

TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
Aug 21, '15, 11:11 AM
:terror:

Capt Kirk
Aug 21, '15, 11:17 PM
I like it a lot!

ZICA
Aug 22, '15, 4:15 PM
Nice Craig! I think the nostalgia angle with the captain is pretty played out, between the Playing Mantis release, the Castaway ReMegos (which I designed the packaging on) and the Round 2 version. I can understand the desire to go in a different direction, and try to goose some non-diehards into the property. Those diehards are going to buy it anyway.

Chris

That pretty much nails it on the head Chris. The direction I'm hoping Joe and Ed will let me take the character in is definitely a departure from the original concept of the 12" figure and costume sets.

Jeff Cope
Aug 25, '15, 12:24 AM
That pretty much nails it on the head Chris. The direction I'm hoping Joe and Ed will let me take the character in is definitely a departure from the original concept of the 12" figure and costume sets.

Where's the "like" button?

Nostalgiabuff
Sep 16, '15, 7:18 PM
looks great Craig!