X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Super Friends Series 2 announced!

Well, this is a nice surprise since no clue was given! I was expecting a pre-order or on sale not an announcement!

FTC announced Super Friends Series 2 WONDER WOMAN! Aquaman, Black Vulcan, and El Dorado (my Arkansas hometown!) today in MM newsletter for early 2016! ! Not that I'm complaining but it's funny that FTC is knocking out the 4 Hanna Barbara ethnic created characters in the 1st 2 waves! Will Wonder Twins be in Wave 3? Need at least 1 Legion of Doom member per wave! Cannot believe I'm getting 2 new Wonder Woman figures in 2016, maybe 3 with First Appearances!

Super Friends is best and most fondly remembered DC cartoon ever! Made me want to get up at 7 am on a Saturday morning non school day! Keep these coming, FTC!
    Last edited by ovenmitt; Aug 14, '15, 8:19 AM.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

WOW! That's an impressive lineup.

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

That is what I was hoping for series 2

Comment

• SpaceAgent
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 21, 2009

That's a nice surprise. Glad to see they're moving along with these.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Nice announcement but... Come on already guys... Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman... these guys should have been ready to roll First.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I hope I like the way their Black Vulcan and Aquaman look. I would be interested in those two specifically.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

That's just a whole lot of awesome!!
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

No BATMAN???????
                  sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

Great list of figures. I am kinda shocked that they put off Batman after having Robin in the first wave. I guess they heard some of us mention "Batman Fatigue".

Glad they are completing the "Ethnic Figures" in the first 2 waves. I'll definitely be picking those 4 up.

Another Wonder Woman is always good news! Glad she is getting some love next year.

Maybe wave 3 we will start to see some of the Legion of Doom.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

So freaking cool. Can't wait to see the head sculpts!

Comment

• rjm118
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Apr 25, 2012

Awesome!

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

The head sculpt is one thing. The head size is quite another.

As much as they say that they are working on the head sizes, have they really improved anything? Judging from the size of the FA Robin, I'd say not. His head is very out of proportion to the rest of him. As much as I love the fact that we are getting new stuff, I just can't justify spending my money on it if they aren't going to address the problem of the head size!

Okay, it's being a bit petty. It is still a valid point, isn't it?
                          JediJaida

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            The head sculpt is one thing. The head size is quite another.

As much as they say that they are working on the head sizes, have they really improved anything? Judging from the size of the FA Robin, I'd say not. His head is very out of proportion to the rest of him. As much as I love the fact that we are getting new stuff, I just can't justify spending my money on it if they aren't going to address the problem of the head size!

Okay, it's being a bit petty. It is still a valid point, isn't it?
                            I don't think it's petty. I wish Bizarro's head was smaller. That being said, dealing with China is hard for everyone. You get what you get, or you pay for new tooling for a 10-15% adjustment in size. They'll never say "Oh, our bad!" and redo it for free, which is why we see big heads and/or factory hopping. Nobody does it on purpose - FTC, EMCE, BBP or Zicaway. They all send their money overseas with fingers crossed and little recourse if things go askew.

I can tell you they're aware of the issue and trying to insure that the tooling in the future is as close as possible on sizing. Wonder Woman's hair will be rooted, so have your combs ready:-)

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                              Nice announcement but... Come on already guys... Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman... these guys should have been ready to roll First.
                              Actually, I think that would have been a bad move: I don't think FTC wants to make the first versions of each of those characters the less detailed SF versions. Note that all the non-HB characters announced so far already have a regular Mego style figure. I expect we'll see each of them after they've shown the regular or comic based versions. Flash has been announced, but not shown, but if they were manufacturing two different versions so close together, there might be a possibility of the SF one coming out first or too close to the regular release.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎