X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Can you make 2 heads into 1?

Is there a way to make 2 heads into one head? Trying to make a female custom but the problem is I need to use the face of one figure and then be able to root hair to the head with a scull piece from an original female Mego head. I don't want to go the route of resin cast. I basically want to Frankenstein a Bride Of Frankenstein face with a normal skull:

Is it possible to put 2 halves together and not go the route of recast into a resin cast of that amalgamated head? Thanks for any help.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Possible, but very hard...

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

You would cut along the hair line for a blending edge; the area that you would smooth and blend the Bride head and normal female skull.

Cutting depends on what the materials are you're connecting. Xacto for the pattern, possibly dremel to drill through.

Smoothing material...if they're two solid pieces, than Magic Sculpt.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
        You would cut along the hair line for a blending edge; the area that you would smooth and blend the Bride head and normal female skull.

Cutting depends on what the materials are you're connecting. Xacto for the pattern, possibly dremel to drill through.

Smoothing material...if they're two solid pieces, than Magic Sculpt.
        I was thinking the same thing. Magic Sculpt dries and hardens on it's own?

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
          I was thinking the same thing. Magic Sculpt dries and hardens on it's own?
          Yeah. It's been my go-to for any customizing for, wow, nearly twenty years...geez. That's an eye-opener...

You put the two amounts together, as much as you need, then smooth and shape. Best part is you can re-wet it during the process and reshape as you go along. In one applicaton, that is. You can add to it later, but it turns into a texture issue.

You can do this. My suggestion is to align the head pieces together. The big issue I think will be the ear placement. They seem low on the Bride head.

...if you try and this and don't destroy the Bride hair, let me know. I could put that to use.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
            Yeah. It's been my go-to for any customizing for, wow, nearly twenty years...geez. That's an eye-opener...

You put the two amounts together, as much as you need, then smooth and shape. Best part is you can re-wet it during the process and reshape as you go along. In one applicaton, that is. You can add to it later, but it turns into a texture issue.

You can do this. My suggestion is to align the head pieces together. The big issue I think will be the ear placement. They seem low on the Bride head.

...if you try and this and don't destroy the Bride hair, let me know. I could put that to use.
            It's yours whenever I can get this done. Thanks. BTW, has anyone ever used the stuff that used to be in infomercials that used to be used to repair vinyl carseats? That was another option I was looking at.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

There are vinyls adhesives you can get at Lowe's for boat repairs and whatnot. They work OK. I was using an epoxy to repair my GA Quiver that lasted for a few years before it cracked, but that's because the angle of the straps are total crap for the material

For a head, once you have the measurement ratio right - too much of the cranium and it's an FTC figure - epoxy could be good. If you want to send me some pics, go ahead.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

I have done something similar. I'm sure you could cut and paste two heads together. The best part is the ugliness will all be hidden under rooted hair, so it doesn't have to look perfect.

My only concern is how well the patch would hold up in the rooting process itself. You may be better rooting the two pieces individually, prior to performing your "transplant".

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎