Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman:The Brave and the Bold first look!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfire
    • Jan 2, 2008

Check it out!

http://popculturesafari.blogspot.com...announced.html
    Pop Culture Safari!
    Cool Comics, Music, Movies and More
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

My God it's Adam West!!!

Doesn't surprise me as James Tucker is an avowed old school Batman fan. He loves Dick Sprang for one. This Batman is part Sprang, part Infantino! Dig the old school GA!!!

From Comics Continuum:

"Cartoon Network has announced Batman: The Brave and The Bold, a new animated series slated to debut in 2008.

The series will be set in a new continuity. Here's how the show is described:

"Batman isn't going at it alone this time! From Warner Bros. Animation comes the latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise. Our caped crusader is teamed up with heroes from across the DC Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief. Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside Batman. Though still based in Gotham, Batman will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home."

The series, consisting of 30-minute episodes, will be produced by James Tucker and Linda M. Steiner -- the team behind Legion of Super Heroes -- and will be executive produced by Sam Register.

Other creators include line producer Amy McKenna, story editor Michael Jelenic and directors Ben Jones, Brandon Vietti and Michael Chang."

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...4/03/index.htm

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I'm sure it will be a great show. But I am getting really, really, REALLY tired of all the hyperstylized animation designs.

It would be nice to see a super hero toon with more realistic designs again. Like the 1988 Ruby Spears Superman and the last season of Hanna Barbara's Super Powers.

Everything looks the same now and I'm getting pretty sick of it.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Arg you beat me to it! I've always wanted a Bat cartoon that was in the same style as the 66 series intro. It's also nice to see the blue back in the cowl, i missed it.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Looks COOL! I'll check it out!
          sigpic

Comment

• mitchedwards
            Mego Preservation Society
            • May 2, 2003

Looks interesting, thanks for the heads up

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Airdave817
              Satellite Monitor Duty
              • May 31, 2007

This looks like it could be fun. I wonder who will be voicing Batman...
              I'll probably look for the season collection box set if it makes it to that. (Economics have dictated that I scale back from the DirecTV plan that has Cartoon Network and Boomerang. Times are tight.)
              Shameless self-promotion -
              Earth-Dave
              KROC-FM
              Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
              "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Freakin' sweet!! But why the current Beetle? No love for Ted Kord anywhere??
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Looks cool!
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Can't wait for this one...gonna be a blast I thnk!
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Yuck! That animation looks like crap! Obviously it is focusing on a younger crowd. I would just once like to see good animation based on a comic book I read.
                      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        I'm sure it will be a great show. But I am getting really, really, REALLY tired of all the hyperstylized animation designs.

It would be nice to see a super hero toon with more realistic designs again. Like the 1988 Ruby Spears Superman and the last season of Hanna Barbara's Super Powers.

Everything looks the same now and I'm getting pretty sick of it.
                        100% agreed!~
                        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• tactile2
                          Museum ADDICT
                          • Jan 8, 2008

I agree with Demon...if its from the makers of Legion of Superheroes....hmmmm.. I was a BIG fan of Batman: the Animated Series, JLA and JLA: Unlimited...those are tough acts to follow.

I wish they'd do something live action on Showcase or HBO..along the lines of Dexter, but with a well known DC or Marvel hero...perhaps a more obscure one...??? Or even a character like Nightwing....I dunno..it'll never happen...Just wish it would...
                          sigpic
                          LOVE THEM MEGOS...AND ANYTHING STAR WARS!! Visit my web-site www.comicdoctor.com

Comment

• Vortigern99
                            Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                            • Jul 2, 2006

The animation looks a little wonkie, but I'll give it a try. I'm intrigued to see they're using the original Jack Kirby design for GA from the 50s. Sweet.

Comment

• misterdroid
                              Banned
                              • Jan 10, 2008

Nice idea... But if batman gets any more angular, in the next animated series he will be a cube. I really liked BTAS. The art fit the writing and the show worked. Now it is almost becoming parody. I would LOVE to see a new batman series featuring art and writing not aimed at the under 10 set. He is the the Dark Knight after all.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎